Could Spurs go down?

Park Life

Although I'd love to see it, I doubt very much Spurs will go down.

Bottom six for me will be (in no particular order):

West Brom

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough

Bolton

Stoke

Blackburn

Then it'll be Spurs Hull and us (not sure what order it'll be in).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't go down. Much more worried about us. At the moment its a surprise when Spurs drop points against any team in the bottom half, but I don't feel the same when its us. Since just before xmas I've said it would be West Brom, Stoke and (controversially) Hull, and I'll stick to my guns. I think we'll only be a couple of points clear, whilst Spurs will be a good few points clear.

Feel free to drag this up, and point and laugh at the end of the season.

btw, its a good thing chelsea got so many points on the board early on...............

I can't see three of the five beneath them doing enough to overtake them.

Likewise.

As much as I think we're in the shit, the bottom 5 are in danger of getting left behind.

great win yesterday, but our own prospects will be a lot clearer after the next 4 home games when we face the final run in.

I wish I had gone to the bookies a few months ago when I thought portsmouth would drop like a stone.

Pompey are an odd carry on like.. remember what they were like under Perrin? Utter gash and falling out the league. Harry went back and kept them up with the same players. Now he's gone again, they've turned to shite again...

admittedly losing Diarra and Defoe didn't help.

Although I'd love to see it, I doubt very much Spurs will go down.

Bottom six for me will be (in no particular order):

West Brom

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough

Bolton

Stoke

Blackburn

Then it'll be Spurs Hull and us (not sure what order it'll be in).

Of all the teams in the bottom Spurs have the least fight about them and players deluded by their own self-importance. Big expensive squad in too

many competitons and players who go to the hairdresser. Mark my words. May the gods of Greece look down and play one of their little jokes.

I'm not sure anyone likes Spurs - even their own fans are self loathing to a degree.

I also think that Redknapp going there has made people worse, his twatishness has gone into overdrive since joining Spurs.

''I am not saying I would like to sign ***** ****** because you can't do that but I would definitely love him at the club''

etc etc.

I'm the only one waving the Spurs relegation flag here like, who thnks it really could happen. I think they'll get 36 points, the only guaranteed wins are WBA and Boro at home, with trips to Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa and Everton and the likes of us and Chelsea at WHL, placves like Hull and the mackems away tough cold northern aways they historically lose. It really could happen.

Edited by Stevie

I'm the only one waving the Spurs relegation flag here like, who thnks it really could happen. I think they'll get 36 points, the only guaranteed wins are WBA and Boro at home, with trips to Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa and Everton and the likes of us and Chelsea at WHL, placves like Hull and the mackems away tough cold northern aways they historically lose. It really could happen.

Et moi. :lol::suicide:

All the warning signs are there.

In a cup final.

Still in Europe.

Squad full of pampered gays.

Players with no defined roles.

Strikers who can't score.

Boro are really in the shit aren't they?

They've spent more than we have over the past 10 years an'all.

Nee chance. We spent more in one year....2005 than they did in at least 5 years.

Nee chance. We spent more in one year....2005 than they did in at least 5 years.

Nicos always tries to slip in something about spend the dimmock.

Whey isn't that the point? It would be shocking for us or Spurs to down after what we've spent.....but not the likes of Blackburn or West Brom.

Stevie, Boro have spent about £70M in the last five years mate.

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

They might have recouped £30M, but that still leaves a £40M spend.

We might have layed out £110M in the same period, but we've also recouped £80M.

Whey isn't that the point? It would be shocking for us or Spurs to down after what we've spent.....but not the likes of Blackburn or West Brom.

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

Our survey said NUR NURRRRR. Nee chance is their net spend greater than ours over the last 10 years, and you didn't even mention net spends. Are you called Nicos? :lol: A ginger Nicos. It's like a blonde Denzel.

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

Our survey said NUR NURRRRR. Nee chance is their net spend greater than ours over the last 10 years, and you didn't even mention net spends. Are you called Nicos? :lol: A ginger Nicos. It's like a blonde Denzel.

I used to be Nicos Papavasiliou on here. Ginger? Are you thinking of Gemmill?

Net spend seems the logical figure to use since it's the bottom line that's going to fuck over any relegated club unable to repay their debts. Either way though, our gross spend in 2005 was £50M max (over the two seasons), they've grossed £70M over the last 5 years so I think you were exagerrating.

The 10 year figures are:

Boro spend £133M. Boro income £43M. Net £90M

Toon spend £197M. Toon income £117M. Net £80M

I'm not arguing with you who's the biggest club that's shown the most ambition and gone out with the bigger bucks. Just that Boro's dealing (sell on prices) have left them worse off than us should they go down.

Edited by Happy Face

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

Net spend seems the logical figure to use since it's the bottom line that's going to fuck over any relegated club unable to repay their debts. Either way though, our gross spend in 2005 was £50M max (over the two seasons), they've grossed £70M over the last 5 years so I think you were exagerrating.

The 10 year figures are:

Toon spend £197M. Boro income £117M. Net £80M

I'm not arguing with you who's the biggest club that's shown the most ambition and gone out with the bigger bucks. Just that Boro's dealing (sell on prices) have left them worse off than us should they go down.

Link...........

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

The 10 year figures are:

Link...........

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1697

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1823

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

The 10 year figures are:

Link...........

Those figures are completely misleading it hasn't even got the value for half of our signings like Jonas, which then isn't included in the figures. I knew I was right.

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

The 10 year figures are:

Link...........

Those figures are completely misleading it hasn't even got the value for half of our signings like Jonas, which then isn't included in the figures. I knew I was right.

Jonas was a free wasn't he....for now at least.

I did change the values I knew on undisclosed signings. Here's my figures. I'll gladly change any that are wrong for you....

borovtoonspendcf5.jpg

However, even if it adds a few million to our total and takes a few million off theirs, I don't see that it would lessen my overall point that Boro have been as heavy spending as us in the Premier league and relegation would be as almighty a fuck up as it would be for us or Spurs.

I realise you don't care about that point and are only concerned that Newcastle be the least frugal team in the North East, but that doesn't worry me so much.

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

The 10 year figures are:

Link...........

Jonas was a free wasn't he....for now at least.

I did change the values I knew on undisclosed signings. Here's my figures. I'll gladly change any that are wrong for you....

borovtoonspendcf5.jpg

However, even if it adds a few million to our total and takes a few million off theirs, I don't see that it would lessen my overall point that Boro have been as heavy spending as us in the Premier league and relegation would be as almighty a fuck up as it would be for us or Spurs.

I realise you don't care about that point and are only concerned that Newcastle be the least frugal team in the North East, but that doesn't worry me so much.

No they haven't. That's like saying Real Madrid have spent less than Boro over the last 10 years cos their net spend is less.

Missing fees Xisco £5.6m

Ryan Taylor £1.5m

amongst many others...................