Could Spurs go down?

Park Life

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boro are really in the shit aren't they?

They've spent more than we have over the past 10 years an'all.

Nee chance. We spent more in one year....2005 than they did in at least 5 years.

Nicos always tries to slip in something about spend the dimmock.

Whey isn't that the point? It would be shocking for us or Spurs to down after what we've spent.....but not the likes of Blackburn or West Brom.

Stevie, Boro have spent about £70M in the last five years mate.

Alves £12M

Yakubu £7.5M

Woodgate £7M

Huth £6M

Mido £6M

O'Neil £5M

Digard £4M

etc.

They might have recouped £30M, but that still leaves a £40M spend.

We might have layed out £110M in the same period, but we've also recouped £80M.

Our survey said NUR NURRRRR. Nee chance is their net spend greater than ours over the last 10 years, and you didn't even mention net spends. Are you called Nicos? :lol: A ginger Nicos. It's like a blonde Denzel.

I used to be Nicos Papavasiliou on here. Ginger? Are you thinking of Gemmill?

Net spend seems the logical figure to use since it's the bottom line that's going to fuck over any relegated club unable to repay their debts. Either way though, our gross spend in 2005 was £50M max (over the two seasons), they've grossed £70M over the last 5 years so I think you were exagerrating.

The 10 year figures are:

Boro spend £133M. Boro income £43M. Net £90M

Toon spend £197M. Boro income £117M. Net £80M

I'm not arguing with you who's the biggest club that's shown the most ambition and gone out with the bigger bucks. Just that Boro's dealing (sell on prices) have left them worse off than us should they go down.

Link...........

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1697

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1823

Those figures are completely misleading it hasn't even got the value for half of our signings like Jonas, which then isn't included in the figures. I knew I was right.

Jonas was a free wasn't he....for now at least.

I did change the values I knew on undisclosed signings. Here's my figures. I'll gladly change any that are wrong for you....

borovtoonspendcf5.jpg

However, even if it adds a few million to our total and takes a few million off theirs, I don't see that it would lessen my overall point that Boro have been as heavy spending as us in the Premier league and relegation would be as almighty a fuck up as it would be for us or Spurs.

I realise you don't care about that point and are only concerned that Newcastle be the least frugal team in the North East, but that doesn't worry me so much.

No they haven't. That's like saying Real Madrid have spent less than Boro over the last 10 years cos their net spend is less.

Missing fees Xisco £5.6m

Ryan Taylor £1.5m

amongst many others...................

Real Madrid aren't one point off bottom though.

Not quite sure about your Madrid analogy either tbh.

Looks like Robinho's been the only player they've made money on since Owen isn't he? And even though they doubled their money, it seems their net spend is hundrerds of millions of Euro's, though I'm happy to be put right.

http://www.realmadridportal.com/transfers.php

:lol:

We could still, yes. I don't think that we will though, I don't think you lot will either.

I reckon WBA, Boro and Portsmouth.

You're gowin dahn! :suicide:

PL football assured for another season then :lol:

We could still, yes. I don't think that we will though, I don't think you lot will either.

I reckon WBA, Boro and Portsmouth.

You're gowin dahn! :suicide:

PL football assured for another season then :lol:

Et tu Brute! :outahere: