Forward line

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

After Shola's performance today and Al's continued decline what would you do in the next couple of games?

I would start with an Ameobi - Chopra front line against Grimsby, see how they get on. Give Shearer a rest and see how Owen is at the weekend.

Presuming Michael is fit, I'd be very tempted to play him alongside Ameobi (so long as he puts in another good shift against Grimsby) at West Brom and leave Al on the bench.

Guest Shearer9

I agree with Ameobi-Owen vs the baggies, but I think Shearer's gonna start against Grimsby, for obvious reasons. I'd really like to see all 3: Chopra, Ameobi, and Shearer.

Chopra wasn't on the pitch much on Sunday but he didn't look like he was upto much either. I think it was Alex who said that Souness doesn't pick him based on what he see's in training and on the briefest evidence from Sunday i'd agree. I think Souness may play his best team, can't afford to lose the game i reckon.

Chopra wasn't on the pitch much on Sunday but he didn't look like he was upto much either. I think it was Alex who said that Souness doesn't pick him based on what he see's in training and on the briefest evidence from Sunday i'd agree. I think Souness may play his best team, can't afford to lose the game i reckon.

48685[/snapback]

I think his problem is he's hasn't got a physical presence or much pace. You have to be pretty exceptional to play upfront in the PL without either of those assets.

48685[/snapback]

I think his problem is he's hasn't got a physical presence or much pace. You have to be pretty exceptional to play upfront in the PL without either of those assets.

49076[/snapback]

He definitely needs to be sent out on loan again i think, Torquay united please :nufc:

48685[/snapback]

49076[/snapback]

He definitely needs to be sent out on loan again i think, Torquay united please :nufc:

49078[/snapback]

Personally I'd let him go full stop. I was always desperate for him to make it with us, but he's no better than Huckerby was (in fact he's not as good)

48685[/snapback]

49076[/snapback]

Agreed, Michael Chopra is probably one of the most lightweight players I have ever seen.