Reserves vs Wigan @ SJP

Tom

The clamour often by people who've never seen them play as well btw. Lua Lua in CM in a Premier League game?

I think he would be good out wide. We could play Duff or Jonas CM if we are desperate. Ive seen Lua Lua play a few times this season and hes always looked good. Just seems daft to put our new RB at RW and a CB at RB purely to avoid putting a reserve player in. Carroll has done every bit as good as Shola when hes played and the same can be said for Krul back in the day. Its kind of pointless having a reserve team if your squad is decimated by injuries and you still refuse to put one of them in

I wouldn't disagree. It wasn't aimed at you btw.

Where was Krulzilla last night btw?

Forster had nothing to do like but he was pretty loud and commanded his defence ok.

Harper never played for the reserves in recent times so I'm guessing that's now why Krul isn't playing / involved with them, i.e. now he's our no. 2 keeper.

Forster had nothing to do like but he was pretty loud and commanded his defence ok.

Harper never played for the reserves in recent times so I'm guessing that's now why Krul isn't playing / involved with them, i.e. now he's our no. 2 keeper.

He seems to have had both Krul and Forster in the first team squad recently like.

I think the last reserve game Harper played was sometime last year, I think it was Barton's first match back.

Godsmark looked canny when he came on too, if not a little light weight. I said to my mate last night, it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Kinnear hasnt attended 1 reserve game this season

Wise has only been to one or two and it's his job. :lol:

He seems to have had both Krul and Forster in the first team squad recently like.

I think the last reserve game Harper played was sometime last year, I think it was Barton's first match back.

I was there, at Kingston Park? Was it not Forster in goal?

Totally 100% agree, the whole point of having a reserve team and youth academy is to groom and prepare the lads for the next step. Which is to the 1st team squad. LuaLua has made a few bench appearances and i agree with KD that although the boy has talent in abundance he needs to stock up on the chicken and hammer the weights. He's too soft.

That being said i think when we have been to flat and ridged at times he would have provided a great tonic in our midfield, players wouldnt be able to handle his trickery and boy has he got an eye for goal. He could, should he baulk up, and get a good run in the side, end up becoming what we need in CM.

It was also good to see Xisco get a couple, he worked hard, showed a few good touches and took his goals well, quite easily would be in the side infront of strola.

We are slowly building a talented reserve of young players, locally and from abroad, it would be nice to see either this season once safe or next season the likes of Kadar, Tozer, LuaLua, Godsmark, Ranger, Zamblera and Baheng get a few chances.

zambleras gone to sampdoria i think tho.

He went on the last day of the transfer window, on loan with a view to a permanent deal

I didnt hear anything about this tbf...mustn't of been cutting it in the reserves then.

• 1 month later...

I was going to go tonight and use my season ticket to get in free, but I couldn't find anyone to go with. <_<

Quite enjoy going to the reserve games and they're doing much better than the first team right now.

There doesn't seem to be that many there.

Last time Man U came there was 3'000.

Doninger takes us 2-1 up.

Nile Ranger assaults Gary Neville <_<