Red Dwarf

Lister

Any fans on here? Favourite moments etc? Gonna go through all 8 seasons in the coming weeks leading to the new episodes on Dave. Hopefully its similar to the first 6 series', and as far away as possible from series 8.

4342c47cb6.jpg

:lol:

LOVE IT!!

I love the bit when Kryton's chip is removed and starts using slang etc "you bet your ass"

or when there on the Rimmer ride :lol: Arnold arnold arnold rimmer he's more reliable than yule briner

Episode-wise, I have a weird soft spot for "White Hole". It's not the best or the funniest or anything like that, but I loves it, I does.

And the Cat's "Flames and peach? Ooh, I'd rather die" from "Rimmerworld" is probably the most incongruous use of high camp ever. :lol:

I wonder if they'll have the canned laughter. I hated it when they took it off!

I'm sure it'll be back as i think they added it back onto series 7 after initially showing it without, though it was actual audience laughter not canned, they shot some in front of a studio audience and the rest that couldn't be, was shot and then shown to audiences for their reactions.

One of the greatest shows on TV, the books are brilliant too.

My fave episode is better than life :lol:

Is that where they wake up and it's all a game? I love that one lol they have only done 6% of it or something right?

The smeg outs video is fuckin hilarious

Is that new?

or is it the outtakes on the dvds?

Its the outtakes, but ive got an older one on vhs just dedicated to them! with the full tongue tied song in it aswell

Is that where they wake up and it's all a game? I love that one lol they have only done 6% of it or something right?

No thats the one with the Dwayne Dibley isnt it?

Better Than Life is when they plug themselves into a game and they act out what they want :lol:

Better than life is superb, I loved "Marooned" too.

My fave episode is better than life :wub:

No thats the one with the Dwayne Dibley isnt it?

Better Than Life is when they plug themselves into a game and they act out what they want :lol:

Oh yeah :lol:

Dwayne Dibley is great! he is in a few episodes.

My fav has got to be one where Lister keeps dreaming of Rimmer etc and they have the Rimmer song/ride

New episodes at last!!!!! Though I hated the last series.

My favourites include the Epideme virus one (sp) Back to reality. backwards and the one about the Cat's origins, I think that was first series. Oh and the one where Kryton has a brother on drugs!

• 1 month later...

That was terrible! Not only was it not funny but it just seemed completely pointless, like they had no real idea what they were doing.

They didn't bother making any effort of clearing up the ending of series 8, simply saying it was 9 years later or something and that yet again everyone but the same 4 had died!

For no reason at all they seemed to have moved the characters back to series 1 but without the laughs, in terms of how they were behaving and their situation

No mention at all of what had happened to Holly

Then a terrible plot device of randomly throwing in another giant sea creature to allow dimensional travel and Big Suze from Peep Show randomly appearing as a hologram and completely taking charge

Very disappointed that it comes back like this after waiting so long

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I thought the 2nd episode was ok, nothing more than that, a few laughs and not where i'd thought it would have went plotwise so at least they surprised me a bit.

But still not worth returning for on its own, means the final part has to be outstanding to have made it worth bothering and i can't see that being the case!

I thought the 2nd episode was ok, nothing more than that, a few laughs and not where i'd thought it would have went plotwise so at least they surprised me a bit.

But still not worth returning for on its own, means the final part has to be outstanding to have made it worth bothering and i can't see that being the case!

Aye, that's how I saw it.

To me the Cat gets the most laughs.