This Llambias interview

smoggeordie

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who are the most "they ought to tell the board to fuck off" etc you're going to have to get a grip.

Nobody wants to communicate with people on that level and regardless of how justified you feel it isn't going to be very effective.

I do think a reasoned response from NUSC (to the Journal/Chronicle) with some olive branches suggesting how the board could rectify things would be a better bet than wading in and telling them they're all cunts. :lol:

I could just be speaking for myself but I don't see any fans taking the board seriously while they insist on keeping Dennis Wise at the club in any capacity, he's a poisonous little fucker and until he's gone they're just confirming the suspicions of how either nieve or stupid they really are.

I could just be speaking for myself but I don't see any fans taking the board seriously while they insist on keeping Dennis Wise at the club in any capacity, he's a poisonous little fucker and until he's gone they're just confirming the suspicions of how either nieve or stupid they really are.

I think after reading this interview that the biggest concern to the future of this club is Llalalalalbamba hes a joke.

To be fair to Dennis Wise he actually hasnt been seen to do anything wrong. I dont believe he should be at the club because hes a little shit but thats a personal ciew however I cant be sure that he isnt doing the best job he can under the circumstances.

We need a proper chairman and we need one urgently, this little spunkstain Llambretta is a disgrace to the club, the fans and the good name that is/ was Newcastle United.

We have PL money and TV money to come in and big earners leaving in the summer (OWEN, VIDUKA, GEREMI, CACAPA) so surely there will be a decent amount to spend.

Only time will tell whether we have turned the corner, whether they are going to take us in the correct direction.

Fingers crossed eh.

Good players usually get good wages though - you still have to take that gamble to a certain extent.

A few Bassongs are fair enough but paired with Ameobis we're fucked.

If I was Andy Average fan, ie not militant etc, I might look at the statement so far and say,

Great, getting the debt sorted out, aimimg to get us challenging for the top four within 5 years, now going to communicate monthly bla bla bla.

My point is, what do nusc now want.

Ashley aint going.

He aint suddenly going to splash the cash, freddy style.

He aint bringing KK back.

He aint going to take time out from his billion pound empire to chat to NUSC directly

This all given, what do NUSC now actually want.

The truth?

to have all fans treat as actual paying customers with an opinion and not some piece of shit that they can give any old bollocks to?

If I was Andy Average fan, ie not militant etc, I might look at the statement so far and say,

Great, getting the debt sorted out, aimimg to get us challenging for the top four within 5 years, now going to communicate monthly bla bla bla.

Ashley aint going.

He aint going to take time out from his billion pound empire to chat to NUSC directly

How about an independant voice from the fans of Newcastle united?

Are we all to bury our heads in the sand and lap up this drivel that has been spunked up on the local rag?

It seems that our current set of reporting sports journalists are without backbone and won't pursue the real answers from the regime that are running our club.

I mean FFS they included a question in there that was 4 months out of date.

Nobody is willing to step forward and try to get honest answers regarding the plight our club now finds itself in so why don't we as the fans make an effort?

Seems loads of fans have an axe to grind with NUSC but they seem to be the ones that have all the questions and anger but don't bother to do anything about it.

old cliche but I believe that the only way forward is to be "United"

Ashley aint going.

The truth?

to have all fans treat as actual paying customers with an opinion and not some piece of shit that they can give any old bollocks to?

Fair enough PP, a good starting point.....I've got a couple of questions too....Why did you folks not feel like banding together in protest when Shepherd was spending his way to the Nou Camp and the San Siro, because as far as I can see Ashley's biggest problem is having to write the cheque for Sheps ten years in the hotseat while the man himself is sat in Mallorca 30 million or so richer due to Ashley's rashness.......which also, it could be argued, has actually also saved the club from a twelve point deduction due to the strong possibilty of us being in receivership in February 2009 due to the debts of the Shepherd era.Another buyer couldve been attracted, but one or two did do due dilligence and they

passed on the opputunity....surely not a good sign?

For the record, I'm actaually vaguely in favour of of NUSC's aims and wishes, I too think fans have strong representation at the club, but there is also two sides to everything and for me it has to be said that you guys may be either shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted or picking on completely the wrong target?

I feel like we are fighting a losing battle, The club, local press and national press are for some reason ignoring the total and utter horrific mess this club is in and i feel like the rest of the country are swallowing the shit the club keeps putting out there. Its like listening to comical ali running Bedlington terriers sometimes

Ashley aint going.

The truth?

Fair enough PP, a good starting point.....I've got a couple of questions too....Why did you folks not feel like banding together in protest when Shepherd was spending his way to the Nou Camp and the San Siro, because as far as I can see Ashley's biggest problem is having to write the cheque for Sheps ten years in the hotseat while the man himself is sat in Mallorca 30 million or so richer due to Ashley's rashness.......which also, it could be argued, has actually also saved the club from a twelve point deduction due to the strong possibilty of us being in receivership in February 2009 due to the debts of the Shepherd era.Another buyer couldve been attracted, but one or two did do due dilligence and they

For the record, I'm actaually vaguely in favour of of NUSC's aims and wishes, I too think fans have strong representation at the club, but there is also two sides to everything and for me it has to be said that you guys may be either shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted or picking on completely the wrong target?

placing the blame all on freddys shoulders is buying into lambsarse's bullshit , been many a smarter person that you went over those figures and pointed out the bullshit ,

and freddy knew what he was doing , debt or not , he said himself he had that sorted with loan secured on future ticket sales , and also he had investment lined up for sam (sam has backed this up aswell)

3bitbob

"pursue the real answers from the regime that are running our club"

What are the real answers u want. Im half on nusc's side, but I aint sure what they actually now want. Statements like "all fans treat as actual paying customers" are all well and good, but they dont tell me what you now want on top of the fact they are now communicating.....

As a member of NUSC but more importantly a lifelong supporter of NUFC I am looking for success, something that I feel will not be available in the next 5 years (that's the 5 year business model Lambias talks about). If we are to believe it all, Joe Kinnear will be part of it for at least the next 3 years, now how can that be progress and give us success.

We will never get straight answers from this lot and as far as I can see, Ryder and co have just taken off from where Anal finished. So far, they show as much bite and determination you might get from a set of hens teeth.

I hope I am proved wrong and we start to see a change but right now I am pleased that next season I will be giving this lot none of my hard earned cash.

Ashley aint going.

The truth?

placing the blame all on freddys shoulders is buying into lambsarse's bullshit , been many a smarter person that you went over those figures and pointed out the bullshit ,

and freddy knew what he was doing , debt or not , he said himself he had that sorted with loan secured on future ticket sales , and also he had investment lined up for sam (sam has backed this up aswell)

Well, you could put it like that, but there are two sides to everything in this and it would just as easy for me to say that you've swallowed what Shep has added to the debate...large parts of it are unprovable on both sides. And Shep had sorted a loan secured against future ticket sales?...supposing that it true,its pretty much the same financial model that Peter Ridsdale employed at Leeds Utd a few years back :lol:

I hope I am proved wrong and we start to see a change but right now I am pleased that next season I will be giving this lot none of my hard earned cash.

xmas tree, you missed this part of my post, and it clearly says, no more, this season is the last so long as this lot are running the club.

I will be happy to spectate from my sofa for the forseeable future.

You won't tend to find too many fans anywhere in the world complaining about spending big on transfers, it's not just NUSC.

I think everyone realises the dangers we were facing under Shepherd once the European football stopped and I don't think too many are advocating going back to spending beyond our means to that extent. What I want is a happy medium. Yes, the long-term financial stability of the club is paramount but we desperately need investment on the pitch. If we can't generate that sort of money from the club in the short-term then is it really too much to ask your owner to put his hand in his own pocket? Look at what Randy Lerner has achieved at Villa by investing in the team and backing the right manager and he's worth a lot less than Ashley is. For a man who professes to love watching the team he appears to not give a solitary shit about what happens on the pitch. I'm not talking about spending £50 million or even £20million but £10 million well spent in the January transfer window would have made a big difference to our season.

what a joke!

Two Nusc related points and il stick a full reply on when I get home.

1. The club have never dealt with Nusc we are not in discussions with them. We've tried and ended up inviting ourselves to the fans forum to discuss stewarding.

2. We have no interest in talking keegan if he thinks that's what were about then he really is clueless.

3. He goes on about us charging a fee yet to set up an 'official' club recognized supporters club every member has to be a season ticket holder (and then still pay)

At first I was fuming when I read it but now I just find him hilariously stupid and even more willing to treat fans with contempt. It's a sorry state of affairs

I'd echo those sentiments.

The only dialogue that NUSC has had with NUFC was via the Supporters Panel meeting that about 10 of us attended about 3 weeks ago, where as Pud says we talked about the stewarding issue. Llambias was not at that meeting, and so far we have had no contact with either him or Ashley or Wise. The only NUFC contact we've had was with Simon Esland who runs the supporters panel. It was agreed that maybe 3 or 4 of us will turn up to the supporters panel meetings. If Llambias is going to start going to these, that would be great. Llambias is making it seem like we at NUSC have monthly meetings with him, which if that's what he wants to propose, we'd be more than happy.

Keegan is not really an issue for us.

Us charging a fee for membership is no different to the vast majority of supporters clubs up and down the country. It is perfectly normal. You had to pay subs for the old NUSC back in the 70s and 80s.

If things really are going to change, then it's great news for everyone. I really hope it happens, because all we at NUSC want is for the club to be run properly and those running it to be open and honest with fans. Even if it means them saying, 'look we don't have much to spend because we have to pay off these old debts etc', they'd get far more respect and support from people if they just came out and explained.

Sadly, I fear it's just talk. Come on Delboy, prove me wrong.

Tom_NUFC

If things really are going to change, then it's great news for everyone. I really hope it happens, because all we at NUSC want is for the club to be run properly and those running it to be open and honest with fans.

Derek Lambias

We’re not selling, we’re trying to stabilise our team and we’re back on track with our business plan.

Tom_NUFC

Even if it means them saying, 'look we don't have much to spend because we have to pay off these old debts etc', they'd get far more respect and support from people if they just came out and explained.

Derek Lambias

He added: “There is £8m there and it will be spent in the summer.

“Mike isn’t afraid to spend money out of his own pocket.

“Last year we lost £34m, this year we’ll lose £20m, and next year it will be around £7m.

“But it still doesn’t mean that Mike won’t invest when he has to invest.

“We aren’t a selling club, we’re a buying club.

“We are out there in the market.”

So I guess thats everyone at NUSC onboard and supporting the the new way forward from Ashley and co.

Yes, why why didn't they come out and tell us (and I mean NUFC fans in general rather than NUSC exclusively btw) this months ago. Instead, Ashley says before the Liverpool game that he's going to drive the club forward. He could have said something along the lines of it taking times, because there are old debts to pay off etc, but he didn't. You do have to ask why it's taken so long?

If he's genuine and things really do change, and they really are going to be honest and open, then yes, we will be behind them. But at the moment it's just words. If they back it up with actions - fantastic, but they have to show that they mean it because they've lied to us before.

I know somebody has already mentioned it but can NUSC not provide a controlled factual responce to either the Cron or the Journal?

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-clu...as_response.php

As for the wider press, heres George Caulkins view of things:

Sorry is the hardest word for Newcastle

After months of delay, Tuesday finally brought a long-awaited apology. There have been wasted millions, a lack of leadership, heavy losses, a dearth of communication from the boardroom. Yes, just as Britain’s bankers were grovelling in front of a committee of MPs, so Newcastle United were belatedly accepting responsibility for recent mishaps at St James’ Park.

It would be stretching the truth to describe an admission or two from Derek Llambias as a good start given that the managing director has been in his position for several months – since when he has said precisely nothing of substance but any communication from Newcastle is as welcome as it is rare. The question is whether it serves any purpose.

Supplication from the banking industry may be embraced as a necessary component in restoring confidence, but it offers nothing tangible to a family struggling to pay their mortgage or the recently unemployed. Similarly, there is a level of disenchantment so engrained on Tyneside that mere words will achieve nothing without accompanying deeds. And they had better be good.

Mike Ashley had a huge opportunity when he bought the club in the summer of 2007, but the credit he inherited simply by not being Freddy Shepherd was spurned. At no stage did he campaign for his personal vision for Newcastle; an end to the galactico culture of high wages and low achievements, a team of young, ambitious players, investment in the youth structure.

It was a worthy strategy wholly undermined from within. The early dismissal of Sam Allardyce, however much of a relief, blew apart notions of long-term stability, while Kevin Keegan, his successor, was manacled by a clumsy, half-cocked acquisition department, headed by Dennis Wise, and then betrayed. Everything Ashley has subsequently touched has turned to manure.

In a business – please forgive the use of language – so frenetic and frantic as football and in a region so consumed by it as the north east, communicating with fans is vital and having deferred it for so long, Llambias must know that his every word will be picked over. A quick glance at his question and answer session with the Evening Chronicle raise several points, not all of them positive.

“In five years time, I would hope we would be challenging for everything.” In six of the last ten seasons, Newcastle have finished in the bottom half of the table, a trend which seems unlikely to change this time.

“We aren’t a selling club, we’re a buying club.” In January, Newcastle sold Shay Given, their best player, to Manchester City. This summer, Michael Owen is almost certain to leave. James Milner joined Aston Villa for £12 million in the previous transfer window. Newcastle made an £8 million profit on their dealings last month and during Ashley’s entire tenure have a net spend of virtually nothing.

“Sometimes we feel like we’ve been bombarded and then when we have come out it’s been twisted. That has made us mistrusting of the Press.” Neither Llambias or Ashley have held a single press conference during their time at Newcastle. Not one.

LLAMBIAS DESCRIBED THE RECENTLY-FORMED NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION (NUSC) AS “A SMALL GROUP AND GIVEN MORE CREDENCE THAN THEY DESERVE,” ALTHOUGH 6,000 ENQUIRIES REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ARE PRESENTLY BEING SIFTED THROUGH. THE NUSC STILL PLAN TO HOLD A RALLY PRIOR TO THE HOME GAME AGAINST EVERTON ON FEBRUARY 22; THEIR VIGILANCE WILL NOT BE DISCARDED LIGHTLY.

Newcastle’s hierarchy have been unspoken during an often unspeakable season. Just as for the bankers, saying sorry is both important and the moral thing to do, but it is only a miniscule step in the right direction.

I know somebody has already mentioned it but can NUSC not provide a controlled factual responce to either the Cron or the Journal?

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-clu...as_response.php

As for the wider press, heres George Caulkins view of things:

Sorry is the hardest word for Newcastle

After months of delay, Tuesday finally brought a long-awaited apology. There have been wasted millions, a lack of leadership, heavy losses, a dearth of communication from the boardroom. Yes, just as Britain’s bankers were grovelling in front of a committee of MPs, so Newcastle United were belatedly accepting responsibility for recent mishaps at St James’ Park.

It would be stretching the truth to describe an admission or two from Derek Llambias as a good start given that the managing director has been in his position for several months – since when he has said precisely nothing of substance but any communication from Newcastle is as welcome as it is rare. The question is whether it serves any purpose.

Supplication from the banking industry may be embraced as a necessary component in restoring confidence, but it offers nothing tangible to a family struggling to pay their mortgage or the recently unemployed. Similarly, there is a level of disenchantment so engrained on Tyneside that mere words will achieve nothing without accompanying deeds. And they had better be good.

Mike Ashley had a huge opportunity when he bought the club in the summer of 2007, but the credit he inherited simply by not being Freddy Shepherd was spurned. At no stage did he campaign for his personal vision for Newcastle; an end to the galactico culture of high wages and low achievements, a team of young, ambitious players, investment in the youth structure.

It was a worthy strategy wholly undermined from within. The early dismissal of Sam Allardyce, however much of a relief, blew apart notions of long-term stability, while Kevin Keegan, his successor, was manacled by a clumsy, half-cocked acquisition department, headed by Dennis Wise, and then betrayed. Everything Ashley has subsequently touched has turned to manure.

In a business – please forgive the use of language – so frenetic and frantic as football and in a region so consumed by it as the north east, communicating with fans is vital and having deferred it for so long, Llambias must know that his every word will be picked over. A quick glance at his question and answer session with the Evening Chronicle raise several points, not all of them positive.

“In five years time, I would hope we would be challenging for everything.” In six of the last ten seasons, Newcastle have finished in the bottom half of the table, a trend which seems unlikely to change this time.

“We aren’t a selling club, we’re a buying club.” In January, Newcastle sold Shay Given, their best player, to Manchester City. This summer, Michael Owen is almost certain to leave. James Milner joined Aston Villa for £12 million in the previous transfer window. Newcastle made an £8 million profit on their dealings last month and during Ashley’s entire tenure have a net spend of virtually nothing.

“Sometimes we feel like we’ve been bombarded and then when we have come out it’s been twisted. That has made us mistrusting of the Press.” Neither Llambias or Ashley have held a single press conference during their time at Newcastle. Not one.

LLAMBIAS DESCRIBED THE RECENTLY-FORMED NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION (NUSC) AS “A SMALL GROUP AND GIVEN MORE CREDENCE THAN THEY DESERVE,” ALTHOUGH 6,000 ENQUIRIES REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ARE PRESENTLY BEING SIFTED THROUGH. THE NUSC STILL PLAN TO HOLD A RALLY PRIOR TO THE HOME GAME AGAINST EVERTON ON FEBRUARY 22; THEIR VIGILANCE WILL NOT BE DISCARDED LIGHTLY.

Newcastle’s hierarchy have been unspoken during an often unspeakable season. Just as for the bankers, saying sorry is both important and the moral thing to do, but it is only a miniscule step in the right direction.

Good work PP.

Peaspud.

Would you have not been better waiting to read the full interview before replying. The reply looks a bit he said, she said stuff.

Having read all your statement, the only question you list is "how Mike Ashley intends to “drive the club forward” and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward".

Isn't this whats contained in the interview, so far.

Spending what we can, reducing the debt and paying for players upfront rather than on tick while buying the best young players around and aimimg to break into the top four in five years.

You either believe what they are telling you OR call them liars. I dont know how you can move forward on the second stance. It seems a bit like NUSC is not going to be satisfied unless Derek and Mike call them in for a one to one meeting, which seems unlikely.

Nobody knows if there is any truth in what they say, but maybe just maybe, after all thats happened, this could be an opportunity to clear the debts and get rid of the dead wood at the club leaving us leaner and meaner.

Ewerk :lol:

If you'd even bothered to read our reply, it clearly states that we are only replying to the stuff relating to NUSC. Oh and btw the paypals back up so you can join now and come make the case for free membership.

Peaspud.

Would you have not been better waiting to read the full interview before replying. The reply looks a bit he said, she said stuff.

Having read all your statement, the only question you list is "how Mike Ashley intends to “drive the club forward” and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward".

Isn't this whats contained in the interview, so far.

Spending what we can, reducing the debt and paying for players upfront rather than on tick while buying the best young players around and aimimg to break into the top four in five years.

You either believe what they are telling you OR call them liars. I dont know how you can move forward on the second stance. It seems a bit like NUSC is not going to be satisfied unless Derek and Mike call them in for a one to one meeting, which seems unlikely.

Nobody knows if there is any truth in what they say, but maybe just maybe, after all thats happened, this could be an opportunity to clear the debts and get rid of the dead wood at the club leaving us leaner and meaner.

Ewerk ;)

If you'd even bothered to read our reply, it clearly states that we are only replying to the stuff relating to NUSC. Oh and btw the paypals back up so you can join now and come make the case for free membership.

:lol:

Dont know what a WUM is and Im sure some one on the board would tell you if I was an Alias.

Rather than just coming out with one line tosh, why not address some of the points I have raised. I am trying to understand where NUSC go now when in truth, NUFC are now communicating with the fans and laying out various answers to various questions.

Everyone from or connected with NUSC seems to be avoiding these questions.

Its either

A . Great, we are now right behind you.

B . They are lying twats

C . Actions speak louder than words (which is basically A)

All I am after is what they plan to do now, what is going to be the thrust of their rally.

Go on Ewerk, make a valid argument one way or the other.

I've got fuck all to do with NUSC, maybe you should get yourself along to one of their meetings. :lol: