This Llambias interview

smoggeordie

.com have readers reponses up now. This one pretty much sums up my feelings

Despite the fact that I now have a clearer idea of what the ownership see as the way forward, I am even more convinced now that Mr Llambias has no understanding of what creates the hostility the club's own supporters feel toward this regime. Indeed, I am even more sure now that he doesn't care what causes it.

If I can use Joe Kinnear as an example. He is seen by all the fans I know, as a bit of a joke... but a joke we will have to put up with until the end of the season when we can get a 'proper' manager in. What does Mr Llambias do? Offers him a new contract of course, because he finds him easy to get on with.

In the interview Mr Llambias alarmingly portrays his lack of knowledge of not only our club, but of the relationship between any football club and its fans. His naïve attempts to 'spin' his way out of questions, leaves me only with the feeling that he is insulting my intelligence, a feeling the club have left me with too often in the past few months.

I do admire Mr Llambias's stubborn loyalty to Messrs Wise and Kinnear in particular, but in my eyes, he is trying to defend the indefensible.

Let's face it ...

Our club is owned by a businessman who didn't even take the precaution of conducting due diligence before handing over his cash.

Our Director of Football is one of the most universally despised figures in the English game, who has done nothing to improve that image and who can't even dare to show his face at the ground..

The team is managed by a fantasist who was unemployable until we came along, has a poor record of victories since he came and is now seriously ill.

Our Managing Director is bereft of communication skills, a novice at PR and someone who sees himself primarily as selling pies and peas.

No bloody wonder we are struggling. (RC)

Someone else points the absurdity of Llambias' claim that we want to be like Villa. The same Villa who battled against Liverpool all summer to hold onto Gareth Barry despite huge money being offered. And also the same Villa we sold milner too because they offered a little more than we thought he was worth

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we'd used the Villa model (i.e. backed the manager's judgement), we'd have got what we got plus a left-back in, used the Milner money for a creative cm/playmaker, left Nacho and Xisco where they were, kept KK and Given (even, possibly, Charlie), strengtened a bit in January and conceivably be contending for a UEFA spot.

We'd have still been cattled a bit by the injuries obviously but it's a wide open league and I don't think that's too far fetched a scenario. It wouldn't have required massive spending and it's not even that hard. Fuck's sake :lol:

This bit..

"Ashley appears to have splashed the cash without even checking there was an engine under the bonnet. He also introduced a controversial management model that ultimately led to the departure of Keegan, yet Llambias was quick to defend a system that has been dismantled at every other Premier League club at which it had previously been deployed.

“It’s been tore up at Tottenham and they’ve dismissed it to go back to the old-fashioned style, but for us we still thinks it works,” said Llambias.

It works so well, it seems, that the departure of one of the most iconic managers in Newcastle’s history and a transfer policy that has seen James Milner, Shay Given and Charles N’Zogbia depart for a combined total of about £24m can be deemed a success."

As far as I can see there's only a few numpties on N-O think it's a good idea and I'd like to think they've just painted themselves into a corner. Anyone I've spoken to who supports other clubs from that outsider looking in perspective thinks the club is being run in a disastrous manner.

As far as I can see there's only a few numpties on N-O think it's a good idea and I'd like to think they've just painted themselves into a corner. Anyone I've spoken to who supports other clubs from that outsider looking in perspective thinks the club is being run in a disastrous manner.

Me and HP spent half the day in the trenches over there this afternoon. Full clip shooting from da hip. :lol:

Me and HP spent half the day in the trenches over there this afternoon. Full clip shooting from da hip. :lol:

Don't know how you can be arsed tbh. The Libertine man. Is he for real? :lol:

Me and HP spent half the day in the trenches over there this afternoon. Full clip shooting from da hip. :wub:

I see it as a kind of civic duty. :lol:

Me and HP spent half the day in the trenches over there this afternoon. Full clip shooting from da hip. :wub:

I see it as a kind of civic duty. :lol:

It's like volunteering for Scope.

This bit..

"Ashley appears to have splashed the cash without even checking there was an engine under the bonnet. He also introduced a controversial management model that ultimately led to the departure of Keegan, yet Llambias was quick to defend a system that has been dismantled at every other Premier League club at which it had previously been deployed.

“It’s been tore up at Tottenham and they’ve dismissed it to go back to the old-fashioned style, but for us we still thinks it works,” said Llambias.

It works so well, it seems, that the departure of one of the most iconic managers in Newcastle’s history and a transfer policy that has seen James Milner, Shay Given and Charles N’Zogbia depart for a combined total of about £24m can be deemed a success."

It makes you wonder what they would actually label as a "complete and utter unmitigated fucking disaster" doesn't it?

They're a bunch of complete fuckwits.

Their argument as to why the NUSC rally shouldn't go ahead was daft - "It'll hinder the teams performance!" :lol:

How on earth is a meeting of fans well away from the stadium going to hinder the teams performance? I'm sure some people on N-O would like fans to be kept seperate before, during and after the game for fear someone says something negative and Ameobi has a mental breakdown on the pitch.

They also seem to think we should be blowjobing Ashley silly for paying of the debts, without realising that if he performed due dilligence he'd have ran a mile and isn't paying them off out of the goodness of his heart.

Think most peeps just want to move on and get to the summer safely.

More frustratingly, NUSC as far as I know, have not said what the rally is about or whats going to happen.

Ashley may have burnt all his bridges and is now relying on the shields ferry, but the bottom line is we are stuck with each other.

There's always the tunnel like. :lol:

Me and HP spent half the day in the trenches over there this afternoon. Full clip shooting from da hip. :yahoo:

I see it as a kind of civic duty. :wub:

A pox on you for getting me embroiled on there again.

Months I've gone without even glancing it. Now I'm 15 pages into a debate with a little tosspot called OzzieMandias who thinks Ashley's only motivation in buying the club was to do something "interesting and fun" and that highlighting his failure will put off all future investors so full support for the chairman is vital at all times.

:lol:

Months I've gone without even glancing it. Now I'm 15 pages into a debate with a little tosspot called OzzieMandias who thinks Ashley's only motivation in buying the club was to do something "interesting and fun" and that highlighting his failure will put off all future investors so full support for the chairman is vital at all times.

Just mentioning the name makes me cringe, what a tool he appears to be, Im sure his mum loves him though :lol:

Whenever I read that board I get the impression there are so many old grudges and intra-board agendas that a lot of them can't see the wood for the trees.

The number of posters on there bumming Ashley's mob is surprisingly high, and some of the anti-Keegan stuff is fucking shocking.

Me and HP spent half the day in the trenches over there this afternoon. Full clip shooting from da hip. :yahoo:

I see it as a kind of civic duty. :wub:

Ha ha Mandiarse.

He's not so bad actually, some kind of pr guy/writer sort we exchanged some PM's last year.

He is one of Leazes many nemesis.

I felt a bit guilty about it today Nicos if that is any comfort.

I think its funny how "paying off" the debts is seen as a magic bullet which renders any of Ashley's other evils as moot while mocking LM's flip side that qualifying for Europe allows Shepherd a blank slate to rape nuns.

Whenever I read that board I get the impression there are so many old grudges and intra-board agendas that a lot of them can't see the wood for the trees.

The number of posters on there bumming Ashley's mob is surprisingly high, and some of the anti-Keegan stuff is fucking shocking.

You'll not be surprised to hear that the vast majority of them don't go to the match, they just sit at home trying to act clever and condescending on the internet. Utter pricks

You do have to wonder who some of these people are, and how they can tolerate what's happening. They seem more interested in the club's balance sheet than the first team or the direction of the club. I hope some of them aren't genuine.