This Llambias interview

smoggeordie

I meant that NUSC should try and repudiate :suicide: Llambias's claims that he's met with them via an article in the Journal....don't they have a sympathetic ear there?

I knew what you meant btw, I was just summarising what a cunt he is.

:lol:

I have to say though (apart from the NUSC bit), I've always wanted them to be more honest with us....this £8m figure at least means they're not messing about with promises that turn to nothing.

Although how they think a team without Owen and only a pittance spent is going to win anything I have no idea... :outahere:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant that NUSC should try and repudiate :suicide: Llambias's claims that he's met with them via an article in the Journal....don't they have a sympathetic ear there?

I knew what you meant btw, I was just summarising what a cunt he is.

I have to say though (apart from the NUSC bit), I've always wanted them to be more honest with us....this £8m figure at least means they're not messing about with promises that turn to nothing.

Although how they think a team without Owen and only a pittance spent is going to win anything I have no idea... :outahere:

You're assuming they WILL spend £8M in summer?

im insulted by the bullshit lambsarse has came out with , and the disrespect towards fans org.s in th article .

and would like to piss on the chron and journal for being pathetic , asking stupid fucking questions , and dressing their bullshit up with pr spin .

I was going to mention that this could all be coming out today to tie in with the direct debit payments that start going out tomorrow but thats probably just me being paranoid.

He's doing a brilliant job of stopping people from cancelling, like :lol:

£8 million.

im insulted by the bullshit lambsarse has came out with , and the disrespect towards fans org.s in th article .

and would like to piss on the chron and journal for being pathetic , asking stupid fucking questions , and dressing their bullshit up with pr spin .

Seems to me they've asked the sort of (sensible) questions they'd have been sent. What would you have asked?

Dissappointed they didn't counter any of the responses to dig deeper than the one line answers or question dodging like. I suppose that was a pre-condition though, full disclosure of exactly what would be asked beforehand.

You want to read some other forums.

Lots of people have bought this and find it all very positive.

It's frightening. I'll bet their lasses are shagging all their mates and they think she'll come good in the end too.

NUSC clearly getting to them. Excellent.

and within an hour of going to press llambias cancelled the meeting with the fans on Thursday Evening. so much for communication, openness and a new beginning.

:jesuspuked:

and within an hour of going to press llambias cancelled the meeting with the fans on Thursday Evening. so much for communication, openness and a new beginning.

Really? Do you have a source because I've predicted that would happen elsewhere. :lol:

and would like to piss on the chron and journal for being pathetic , asking stupid fucking questions , and dressing their bullshit up with pr spin

Seems to me they've asked the sort of (sensible) questions they'd have been sent. What would you have asked?

Dissappointed they didn't counter any of the responses to dig deeper than the one line answers or question dodging like. I suppose that was a pre-condition though, full disclosure of exactly what would be asked beforehand.

well there is more to come in the journal tommorow , so ill say more then about questions asked .

bold bit , you will ask and print what the board wants you to . thats why id piss on the chron for agreeing to such bollocks after all thats went on

Edited by Hadrian

Examples from elsewhere:

"I read every single article on here everyday yet never feel encouraged enough to write anything. This however is possibly the best news on the club since Keegan re-signed last year".

"I think that the break of silence is a great thing for the club and that most of the statements are the best we could hope for, and i am pleased that the club will be run more sensibly",

"this is the start of some long awaited communication between board and supporters. I just hope Mike and his mob have learned from last time".

"A very encouraging interview I thought. If Mike Ashley really does have this 5 year plan then good luck to him.

"at least it seems a step in the right direction"

Still reckon you're a SMB like.

Examples from elsewhere:

"I read every single article on here everyday yet never feel encouraged enough to write anything. This however is possibly the best news on the club since Keegan re-signed last year".

"I think that the break of silence is a great thing for the club and that most of the statements are the best we could hope for, and i am pleased that the club will be run more sensibly",

"this is the start of some long awaited communication between board and supporters. I just hope Mike and his mob have learned from last time".

"A very encouraging interview I thought. If Mike Ashley really does have this 5 year plan then good luck to him.

"at least it seems a step in the right direction"

Still reckon you're a SMB like.

mikes 5 year plan is two year in , defo a SMB

and would like to piss on the chron and journal for being pathetic , asking stupid fucking questions , and dressing their bullshit up with pr spin

well there is more to come in the journal tommorow , so ill say more then about questions asked .

bold bit , you will ask and print what the board wants you to . thats why id piss on the chron for agreeing to such bollocks after all thats went on

Why would Lambarse agree to an interview that tore them to shreds?

He was bound to have some conditions, and the local rags are dutybound to take whatever opportunity they can to get whatever comments they can from the man the fans have been waiting to hear from for 8 months.

I'm waiting for the opinion pieces before slating them for going soft.

Really? Do you have a source because I've predicted that would happen elsewhere. :suicide:

I can confirm the above.

The Supporters panel meeting was booked to be on Thursday and would involve Llambiarse. We have now been told that "due to last weekends events Derek would not be in Newcastle and therefore could not attend".

Now what events are these? JFK being ill? us actually winning? or Derek realising the stupidity of the interview he gave?

So much for communications.

As for the NUSC discussions with the "club" they have gone as follows:

As you all know we have attempted to get a discussion going for a while and not had any sort of response not even a "fuck off".

We did get ourselves invited to a supporters panel meeting which was agreed with the club because we had a specific thing we wanted to discuss ie the problems with heavy handed stewards in Level 7. At the same time the club wanted our help (even though we're just some breakaway group not worth listening to) in finding a way to ensure people didnt stand continuously in that area,

We went to the meeting, discussed the issues and then discussed the wider issue of communications, all of this was with Simon Esland (a canny enough bloke but nobody of any real importance, more a PR type man) and (unusually for the Supporters Panel ) it turns out they werent taking minutes :lol:

At the end of it we agreed that we 3 or 4 members of the committee would be included in the supporters panel meetings from now on.

And that is it, the sum total of 1 meeting with the club, a meeting that we virtually forced through and one which frankly had nothing to do with the state of the club or the future. A specific meeting to discuss a very real non-footballing issue.

We will be putting something official together for our responses to at least the references hes made to us. Suffice to say though it will be thought out and factful not like the pile of lies and deceipt that we've just read today.

As for the supporters panel though, the thing Llambias says is more representative of the fans well my personal view is that its not worth the time of day. Thats not being disrespectful to the people on there but what Im about to say may well appear that way.......

There are around a dozen people on the panel, half of which I think I can safely say only turn up for the scran. Dont get me wrong there are some very committed and vocal fans on there, some faces and voices I recognise but I get the impression that until we went and shook it up they hadnt really had a chance to make their voices heard. I believe they were basically led into a question and answer session by the club for their own commercial gains.

Normally the stuff that gets talked about is raised by the club and generally involves questions (I shit ye not here) such as "how can we sell more pies?", "do you think people will spend more if we change the half time music?" and "can you tell your mates to drink in Shearers?"

That forum is NOT (in my personal opinion) representative of the fans, it is NOT being used to air fans views and it MOST DEFINITELY is NOT being used to discuss the future as that toad makes out in todays article.

As for some other forums being taken in by that rubbish today, I would say that I dont believe it but unfortunately I know its going to be true, what gets me is that theres not even anything in there that you could see as being positive lies!

They couldnt give two shits about NUSC.

He was worried enough to mention them several times in the opening quarter of the interview, I'd say that certainly means that they're taking notice.

In direct response to a question about NUSC tbf.

Mixed feelings about it all, i think some of it we wanted to here, but i find myself being maybe a bit cynical and thinking he is just saying that for that reason.

I would like it to be true, that they realised there failings, that they are going to make ALOT more effort to communicate and be honest. And MA spending in the summer although he quoted 8 mil in the bank, you have to remember we are still making a loss, but a progressive lesser loss than last season. We have PL money and TV money to come in and big earners leaving in the summer (OWEN, VIDUKA, GEREMI, CACAPA) so surely there will be a decent amount to spend.

Only time will tell whether we have turned the corner, whether they are going to take us in the correct direction.

Fingers crossed eh.

I'm all for stabalising finances, but you need to keep the first team even semi-competitive. If they were so obsessed about it why in gods name didn't they sell Owen last summer?

I know it's rhetorical but I'll answer it anyway...

1172614881205.jpg