This Llambias interview

smoggeordie

Dont know what a WUM is and Im sure some one on the board would tell you if I was an Alias.

Rather than just coming out with one line tosh, why not address some of the points I have raised. I am trying to understand where NUSC go now when in truth, NUFC are now communicating with the fans and laying out various answers to various questions.

Everyone from or connected with NUSC seems to be avoiding these questions.

Its either

A . Great, we are now right behind you.

B . They are lying twats

C . Actions speak louder than words (which is basically A)

All I am after is what they plan to do now, what is going to be the thrust of their rally.

Go on Ewerk, make a valid argument one way or the other.

Ok then I'll answer it.

The club have been giving statements via Kinnear for the last few months its just none of them were believable and all have been proven to be bollocks, lets wait and see what the next three episodes of this latest saga are before making any decisions shouldnt we? Im sure if we came out with an answer now we'd (quite rightly) be slated.

Im fairly certain nothing good will appear in the next episodes though,

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality there's very little in the interview that we didn't know already. So much of the club's problems come back to Ashley's decision to buy the club without bothering to inspect the books first and figuring out whether he was happy to put the money required in. So we should be grateful for his rashness and stupidity. No doubt he inherited significant debts and cash commitments but that's par for the course for many clubs. I refuse to be grateful for keeping us out of receivership, that's also to e expected. I don't see any other clubs - Spurs, West Ham, Villa - who have spent more than us and presumably have less wealthy owners, going into administration.

Instead of significant net investment in the first team (the Villa model) we have a "5 year plan", which basically consists of slashing the wage bill by shifting out the high earners and getting in cheaper replacements, some (but not all) of which are journeymen and free transfers. We're relying on home grown talent to supplement the first team, the only problem being there isn't any and the influx of talented youngsters won't bear fruit for a few years yet, if at all. So we're pinning our hopes on the Academy and Reserves abiility to bring players through to Prem standard, something they've largely been unable to do in the past.

Of course there's no detail of this "5 year plan" but that may be in the next instalments of the interview. A plan that's devised by people who admit they know nothing about football, have presided over the KK debacle, sold players and not reinvested the money in the first team, given Butt and Ameobi new contracts, offered Joe Kinnear a long term contract (apparently), introduced the DoF crapola shunned by every other club in England, and generally treated the club like a cut price corner shop.

Forgive me if I'm not wetting myself with excitement at this point.

I'm choosing to read the 8 million pounds part as they have 8 million pounds left from this window that they will be spending in the summer in addition to the money that they had already planned to spend then.

Yes, I am delusional.

I'm choosing to read the 8 million pounds part as they have 8 million pounds left from this window that they will be spending in the summer in addition to the money that they had already planned to spend then.

Yes, I am delusional.

I do think that's what he meant to say tbf, although it didn't come out like that. Based on experience to date, my guess is any extra would be funded out of transfers out. The exit of Owen and Viduka, which seems inevitable to me, may free up some additional funds for free transfers or bargains.

HI,

I have to say having read the interview, all the comments and the response from NUSC. I think it is exactly the right tone to take. I do not believe anything they "the club" have to say right now simply because so much of what has been said in the past has proved to be complete lies.

The point NUSC are making with that response is to deal with it in a more professional many and not resort to backstabbing and name calling which the club seem to now prefer.

The fact that the club are attacking NUSC so blatantly proves that they are indeed making an impact. I think it is the right time to respond. Any other mud they want to sling in the next installment can be dealt with afterward. This way it will have more immediate impact than waiting till the end.

Well done :lol:

We’ve spent money on the backroom staff of £1m

Eh? Apart from Wise, we seem to have noone in the backroom staff who should be pulling in anything like that money. I'd bank on us having the least expensive (in terms of worth and number) coaching staff in the prem

He's probably referring to all the people Fat Sam wanted but have already left the club again...

What a load of shizzle!

1. It was common knowledge there was a loan secured on the stadium;

2. It's common practice to pay for players in instalments;

3. It was widely rumoured the Northern Rock money went on Owen

In fact I think the first two were even mentioned in the annual accounts. Yet they buy the club and Shock! Horror! Murder! look what they've done! They're either utterly clueless or incredibly badly advised. Or lying.

The conclusion of that article was particularly nauseating. This bloke's an amateur.

In reality there's very little in the interview that we didn't know already. So much of the club's problems come back to Ashley's decision to buy the club without bothering to inspect the books first and figuring out whether he was happy to put the money required in. So we should be grateful for his rashness and stupidity. No doubt he inherited significant debts and cash commitments but that's par for the course for many clubs. I refuse to be grateful for keeping us out of receivership, that's also to e expected. I don't see any other clubs - Spurs, West Ham, Villa - who have spent more than us and presumably have less wealthy owners, going into administration.

Instead of significant net investment in the first team (the Villa model) we have a "5 year plan", which basically consists of slashing the wage bill by shifting out the high earners and getting in cheaper replacements, some (but not all) of which are journeymen and free transfers. We're relying on home grown talent to supplement the first team, the only problem being there isn't any and the influx of talented youngsters won't bear fruit for a few years yet, if at all. So we're pinning our hopes on the Academy and Reserves abiility to bring players through to Prem standard, something they've largely been unable to do in the past.

Of course there's no detail of this "5 year plan" but that may be in the next instalments of the interview. A plan that's devised by people who admit they know nothing about football, have presided over the KK debacle, sold players and not reinvested the money in the first team, given Butt and Ameobi new contracts, offered Joe Kinnear a long term contract (apparently), introduced the DoF crapola shunned by every other club in England, and generally treated the club like a cut price corner shop.

Forgive me if I'm not wetting myself with excitement at this point.

Faaaaaaaaat!!.

I found the letter a little bit tit for tat and getting bogged down in messy detail.

I hope the NUSC guys come out with a very positive reply when the other installments have been printed along the lines of we want to work with the club via the fans forum to help them achieve the five year plan. Delighted they are now going to communicate and hope we can all move forward together. I think this will give NUSC more credibility with fans and media and make both more likely to take notice if they do not live up to their promises.

Time will tell is Ashley is true to his word this time.

There just is no point continuing the battle and expecting him to sack wise or Lambias.

As spmeone said elsewhere, eventually you end up sitting down and having a coffee with the very people you started protesting against.

I said that but on another board. It's a joke about the Russian revolution ie all the leaders in the end were middle class.

Just read today's Journal part and it's worse than the chron one.

£38m net - fuck right off you lying piece of shit.

Who is he trying to kid? Is he really thinking fans are that stupid?

I can only think they are including the outstanding transfer commitments.

What a load of shizzle!

In fact I think the first two were even mentioned in the annual accounts. Yet they buy the club and Shock! Horror! Murder! look what they've done! They're either utterly clueless or incredibly badly advised. Or lying.

The conclusion of that article was particularly nauseating. This bloke's an amateur.

It's just poorly thought through propaganda so they can continue with the spend nowt model.

What a load of shizzle!

It's just poorly thought through propaganda so they can continue with the spend nowt model.

That's the Arsenal model in full flow

Says we'll spend the unspent 8mill from january, the next 4 mill from the Milner installments plus Mike will "Dig into his pockets" for more funds. Also says we'll go back in for the players we didn't get in January.

Is that not contradictory to what was in the Chronicle yesterday?

Still spouting shite. I see they are trying to gloss over our shit first team by saying we are concentrating on youth and in 3 or 4 years we will have a great team. Until one of the kids has 3 good games on the trot that is and we hawk him to the highest bidder.

Hows this for a glowing endorsment of the club too :lol:

“You’ve seen uglier football, stick with the team. We will get there.”

Says we'll spend the unspent 8mill from january, the next 4 mill from the Milner installments plus Mike will "Dig into his pockets" for more funds. Also says we'll go back in for the players we didn't get in January.

Is that not contradictory to what was in the Chronicle yesterday?

Aye. Part three of three of the sentence in todays chronicle...:

Says we'll spend the unspent 8mill from january, the next 4 mill from the Milner installments plus Mike will "Dig into his pockets" for more funds. Also says we'll go back in for the players we didn't get in January, provided we recoup at least 20 million for the sales of Coloccini, Spiderman, Bassong, Martins and Beye.

:lol:

We're not a selling club, we're a buying club.

WTF is that moron on.

Does he honestly believe anyone is going to buy that one? ;)

We're the perfect example of a selling club.

We're now on par with the Bolton's and Fulham's, we're not even in the same ball park at the top 4 financially, or even Villa and Spuds.

I don't know what's worse - that he is daft enough to think we'll believe that :lol: or that he is actually daft enough to believe it himself.