BNP Wives

Kid Dynamite

You pulled me up on a specific point. And no, I'm categorically not saying any of those things. But you could have gleaned that from reading my posts. Flopped again I'm afraid. Now get back to getting your arse booted black and blue in the GSK thread :D

Edited by alex

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck are you on about man? :) Did you even read what I said? What a dullard.

Tetchy when you're not right aren't you. :D

It's not a case of wanting to be right. I was (imo anyway) discussing something interesting. I was on about how religious architecture is impressive in a way nothing else (in building terms) seems to be able to touch on. That's a personal view, to do with the scale, atmosphere and so on. You said there were ancient buildings that have now been destroyed which were just as impressive. I asked about them. You avoided specifcs and insinuated that I said Islam had completely invented its own style of archictecture. When I explained I thought the opposite was true., you again referred to these (un-named) buildings. I asked for specifics again (out of genuine interest) so you went on about Greeks designing Islamic buildings anyway. I honestly don't know what you're getting at. Do you even know what you're on about?

It's clearly all Greek to you. :razz:

As you're doing your usual trick of trying to find a specific point and then trying to drag your prey off into the mire to drown it; well again there are loads of example, many of them unfortunately destroyed in Islamic expansion.

Out of genuine interest are you saying that if Islam hadn't existed there'd not be a similar style of architecture in the area?

Are you saying that there wasn't similar architecture there before? Persian, Byzantine, even Christian? (again mostly designed by Greeks though)

Are you saying that (much like The Beatles) Greek architects didn't build most everything anyway. :D

Bum bandits to a man.

You pulled me up on a specific point. And no, I'm categorically not saying any of those things. But you could have gleaned that from reading my posts. Flopped again I'm afraid. Now get back to getting your arse booted black and blue in the GSK thread :D

So you agree with Fop then. :)

What the fuck are you on about man? :) Did you even read what I said? What a dullard.

Tetchy when you're not right aren't you. :D

It's not a case of wanting to be right. I was (imo anyway) discussing something interesting. I was on about how religious architecture is impressive in a way nothing else (in building terms) seems to be able to touch on. That's a personal view, to do with the scale, atmosphere and so on. You said there were ancient buildings that have now been destroyed which were just as impressive. I asked about them. You avoided specifcs and insinuated that I said Islam had completely invented its own style of archictecture. When I explained I thought the opposite was true., you again referred to these (un-named) buildings. I asked for specifics again (out of genuine interest) so you went on about Greeks designing Islamic buildings anyway. I honestly don't know what you're getting at. Do you even know what you're on about?

It's clearly all Greek to you. :razz:

As you're doing your usual trick of trying to find a specific point and then trying to drag your prey off into the mire to drown it; well again there are loads of example, many of them unfortunately destroyed in Islamic expansion.

Out of genuine interest are you saying that if Islam hadn't existed there'd not be a similar style of architecture in the area?

Are you saying that there wasn't similar architecture there before? Persian, Byzantine, even Christian? (again mostly designed by Greeks though)

Are you saying that (much like The Beatles) Greek architects didn't build most everything anyway. :D

Bum bandits to a man.

Beware Greeks bearing architectural plans....

Childish, even by your standards. Predictable though.

Childish, even by your standards. Predictable though.

Childish, predictable and of course completely true. We have nothing to argue about. :razz: