BNP Wives

Kid Dynamite

The world would be a poorer place without many aspects of Islamic culture imo, not least their architecture.

Medicine, Science and Maths would cease to exist with Islam, am I right?

Not that I'm aware of.

I thought all modern medicine, science and maths had pretty strong links to the Islamic world. I may be wrong, mind.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in the west end side by side people of different religious values and there is no doubt certain barriers in terms of dancing around holding hands in a big circle, but at the same time its always minority's, white & Asians who appear to want to make things difficult for each other. Whether it’s down to ignorance, religious values or pure hatred.

Living in Benwell its no secret that the Islamic and Hindu communities have grew over the years and took over shops, fast food outlets & restaurants particularly on the west road, which is good for those communities. However on the down side having knocked about in those terraced streets I notice nowadays there does not seem to be a lot of white people living in those terraced streets from wingrove into benwell.

You could see how people mixed quite well back then, but now that particular area is very much dominated by people of Asian decent. Now, if the majority of your neighbours did not exactly use English as their first language you might start to feel a bit out of place, even a bit intimidated and move on. There's nothing ignorant or racist about that, but at the current rate its going I do feel our government could be doing a hell of a lot more to integrate people into an English speaking society, whatever their religious barriers are.

If you start bending back over heals for the sake of political correctness and equal opportunities you tend to find yourself digging a bigger hole, as big as the one we are in now in terms of how we don't mix socially with one another as well as we should. There are policies that do need to be strengthened before we do get the likes of bigots like the BNP obtaining more votes, which will only bring animosity between the two communities.

The world would be a poorer place without many aspects of Islamic culture imo, not least their architecture.

The world according to Stevie would be a dull place indeed.

I'm not sure what proportion of his views are real or pure wummery, I guess that's the intention. Spoiling for a fight as you suggested earlier.

You always without fail crawl out of the woodwork on a thread like this, your last post about football was 14th January. You lurk like a lurker, waiting to pounce, like Ian Huntley, he shared such tendencies.

Not that I'm aware of.

I thought all modern medicine, science and maths had pretty strong links to the Islamic world. I may be wrong, mind.

Yes they do.

The designers of Mecca have blood on their hands though Alex. There's a Hillsborough type incident every year round that stupid fucking pole.

The holy mosque in Mecca is being rebuilt at great expense (billions) using plans that have been drafted from western architects iirc. But because the architects are not muslim, they can't even visit the city they're redesigning.

Class thing religious intolerance like.

The designers of Mecca have blood on their hands though Alex. There's a Hillsborough type incident every year round that stupid fucking pole.

I thought you didn't give a fuck about other countries though.

I don't, not nice to see people dying though in the pursuit of backward rituals.

That a lie like. You're utterly obsessed with other countries and what makes us different / superior to them. In your eyes that is.

I'm not fan of religion fwiw. Which is why I said 'aspects of their culture' rather than Islam itself. The world would be a better place if rational thought took over. All religions are pretty much equally bad in that respect though.

Not that I'm aware of.

Yes they do.

It's not remotely true about science or medicine though. They had a huge influence on early mathematics and were among the first to promote systematic research mind.

I grew up in the west end side by side people of different religious values and there is no doubt certain barriers in terms of dancing around holding hands in a big circle, but at the same time its always minority's, white & Asians who appear to want to make things difficult for each other. Whether it’s down to ignorance, religious values or pure hatred.

Living in Benwell its no secret that the Islamic and Hindu communities have grew over the years and took over shops, fast food outlets & restaurants particularly on the west road, which is good for those communities. However on the down side having knocked about in those terraced streets I notice nowadays there does not seem to be a lot of white people living in those terraced streets from wingrove into benwell.

You could see how people mixed quite well back then, but now that particular area is very much dominated by people of Asian decent. Now, if the majority of your neighbours did not exactly use English as their first language you might start to feel a bit out of place, even a bit intimidated and move on. There's nothing ignorant or racist about that, but at the current rate its going I do feel our government could be doing a hell of a lot more to integrate people into an English speaking society, whatever their religious barriers are.

If you start bending back over heals for the sake of political correctness and equal opportunities you tend to find yourself digging a bigger hole, as big as the one we are in now in terms of how we don't mix socially with one another as well as we should. There are policies that do need to be strengthened before we do get the likes of bigots like the BNP obtaining more votes, which will only bring animosity between the two communities.

Good post in the main. People are sick of it, the government should hang their heads in shame.

When I lived in Birmingham I was astounded at the level of casual and good natured mixing amongst the various communities. Although some blacks did try and rob me once. Thank god I always kept that golf club by the door.

Not that I'm aware of.

It was you're wording in the previous post that I misunderstood. Islamic scholars were responsible for maintaining the works of the Greek philosophers too iirc. What exists today came (in part at least) from the translations they made during the time of the Caliphate.

Not that I'm aware of.

Yes they do.

It's not remotely true about science or medicine though. They had a huge influence on early mathematics and were among the first to promote systematic research mind.

I'm pretty sure there have been some fairly influencial Muslim scholars in both medicine and science.

Not that I'm aware of.

It was you're wording in the previous post that I misunderstood. Islamic scholars were responsible for maintaining the works of the Greek philosophers too iirc. What exists today came (in part at least) from the translations they made during the time of the Caliphate.

Bonus points for Alexis.

The world according to Stevie would be a dull place indeed.

I'm not sure what proportion of his views are real or pure wummery, I guess that's the intention. Spoiling for a fight as you suggested earlier.

You always without fail crawl out of the woodwork on a thread like this, your last post about football was 14th January. You lurk like a lurker, waiting to pounce, like Ian Huntley, he shared such tendencies.

You bothered checked to check my profile Stevie, a bit obsessive don't you think? I don't post much at all on any board as it happens, I've paid for next years ST already and I find the prospect too depressing to post about.

You clearly posted your comments to get a rise so don't whinge when you get one.

I think you're spot on there Boyo.

I don't, not nice to see people dying though in the pursuit of backward rituals.

That a lie like. You're utterly obsessed with other countries and what makes us different / superior to them. In your eyes that is.

I'm not fan of religion fwiw. Which is why I said 'aspects of their culture' rather than Islam itself. The world would be a better place if rational thought took over. All religions are pretty much equally bad in that respect though.

What's a lie?

What's a lie?

I think you're lying when you say you don't give a fuck about other countries. You think about them too much if your online persona is anything to go by.

Edited by alex

When I lived in Birmingham I was astounded at the level of casual and good natured mixing amongst the various communities. Although some blacks did try and rob me once. Thank god I always kept that golf club by the door.

It works really well when you have a good balance, but I'm against different communties sectioned in different pots of areas, as much as I am when it comes to having schools like that too.

Not that I'm aware of.

Yes they do.

I'm pretty sure there have been some fairly influencial Muslim scholars in both medicine and science.

Not that I'm aware of, I'd like to hear some examples that are still used today if you have any. As far as medicine goes it was pretty well complete bollocks until a couple of hundred years ago in any case, the doctor (be he western mediavel or islamic) was more likely to kill you than cure you.

It works really well when you have a good balance, but I'm against different communties sectioned in different pots of areas, as much as I am when it comes to having schools like that too.

Agreed.

Take race and religion out of schools by all means.

I think you're spot on there Boyo.

Daft lad has come a long way since mouthing off in big caps :lol:

Anways, back to my study on human biology and epidemiology...! :suicide:

Partially true - the pisser is that during the dark ages when Europe was under the heel of catholic stupidity, Islam led the world in these things but then seemed to give up overnight as politics changed.

A good way of putting it recently I read was that even though broadly christian people are the fathers of physics and biology and Muslims could be said to be the creators of major aspects of medicine and algebra, those subjects are areligious - ie they stand up to universal scrutiny rather than bollocks like creationism.

If I can follow your "reich" lead I wouldn't ban churches or mosques but I'd certainly go with the French secular education ideals.

Back to the program...

Nobody needs to protest against or slag off the BNP when they put themselves on show like this. The bit where someone mentions they dont mind the mosque being built around their area, and the woman replies "You will when one of them rapes your daughter"

Genuine lol from the sheer retardedness! :lol: