Jonas scored for Argentina the neet

Guest Stevie

Looked a lot more dangerous and direct without him against WBA. Hope he doesnt get straight back in.

Do you not think that might have something to do with West Brom being fucking shocking at the back rather than because he wasn't playing?

Well that would be the obvious assumption, but we've played many shite teams this season and aint looked as direct as we did against WBA. Just think we went for goal a bit more agaiinst them rather than all these silly triangle passing games out on the wing.

Spoken like a true coach :lol:

Are you saying Jonas isn't a direct player? :lol: Can't agree with that at all, if so. And I don't think we've came up against a defence that poor for a few seasons.

Just think we looked a lot better than we've played for a good while and I dont put that down to just WBA being crap. Whether it was Ryan Taylor, Nola, or Lovenkrands, I dont know. But crosses were coming in first time and shots we're comin in.

Im sick of seeing us get the ball out wide, usually on the left and then "fannying" on with it rather than just crossing the fucking thing.

I thought we were shite. They just happened to be worse. Jonas is a head down and run type of winger as well so I don't know what all this 'fannying about' you speak of is. I don't think he's much of a crosser like. But, even with everyone fit, he'd be in my starting XI every time.

Are you saying Jonas isn't a direct player? :lol: Can't agree with that at all, if so. And I don't think we've came up against a defence that poor for a few seasons.

Just think we looked a lot better than we've played for a good while and I dont put that down to just WBA being crap. Whether it was Ryan Taylor, Nola, or Lovenkrands, I dont know. But crosses were coming in first time and shots we're comin in.

Im sick of seeing us get the ball out wide, usually on the left and then "fannying" on with it rather than just crossing the fucking thing.

I thought we were shite. They just happened to be worse. Jonas is a head down and run type of winger as well so I don't know what all this 'fannying about' you speak of is. I don't think he's much of a crosser like. But, even with everyone fit, he'd be in my starting XI every time.

Jonas cant cross and yes he gets his head down and runs, but nowt usually comes of it. Many times we get the ball out to the wing and Jonas, Enrique and a. nother pass it between them allowing the opposition to come in and break it up.

Much prefer it when the ball goes out to the wing a good cross a la beckham or Nobby comes flying in for the forward to get onto.

Jonas goes into my headless chicken folder along with Dyer. Lots of running but no killer ball or goal.

I never said he had much end product. I just think he is a direct type of player. And a fit Dyer would stroll into our current side and is head and shoulders above Ryan Taylor (who tbf, has a decent set piece), Nolan and Lovenkrands as a midfielder. Imo.

Looks a totally different player when he's on the left. Its just a shame that when he plays there we either have to use Duff on the right or fucking Geremi.

Taylor would compliment him quite well imo. Would have a different threat from either wing, plus they would both be comfortable swapping wings during a match.

Looks a totally different player when he's on the left. Its just a shame that when he plays there we either have to use Duff on the right or fucking Geremi.

Taylor would compliment him quite well imo. Would have a different threat from either wing, plus they would both be comfortable swapping wings during a match.

I do hope you mean Ryan and not your lover Steven.

Aye because Steven Taylor is reknowned for playing as a RW. Cunt.

Aye because Steven Taylor is reknowned for playing as a RW. Cunt.

I like your style. On topic, Jonas has been class in many games and I think it is unfair to say he has only played 'outstanding' vs Manchester United.

Edited by Attain

The mackems seemed to target Jonas in the derby. My reading of that, rightly or wrongly, was that they realised he was our main threat.

imo he is a good player who struggles with his final ball, especially crossing. However, his industry and desire are something that really impresses me, along with his ability to attack the opposition. The overriding thing for me, is that we have far more other players to worry about in the team before we get anywhere near looking to replace Jonas.

if he were playing for a better side though i think you'd see him doing what he's good at which is pass the ball to strikers as opposed to traditional get to the byeline and cross..... thats why he worked so well at mallorca, he had strikers that offerd good movement and when playing on the left he could cut in and release them. i can't explain his lack of willingness to shoot for us.

in some games for us he's carried the team, in others ( possibly because of injury/ bad form) he hasn't been able to do that.

I see the point about robert though. very true!

You do come out with some bollocks :lol: Ewerk was spot on btw.

Yeah, particularly his spelling of renowned.

Bit rich. You can't even spell 'shite'.

if he were playing for a better side though i think you'd see him doing what he's good at which is pass the ball to strikers as opposed to traditional get to the byeline and cross..... thats why he worked so well at mallorca, he had strikers that offerd good movement and when playing on the left he could cut in and release them. i can't explain his lack of willingness to shoot for us.

in some games for us he's carried the team, in others ( possibly because of injury/ bad form) he hasn't been able to do that.

I see the point about robert though. very true!

I think you're right like. He obviously tries to pick players out with passes when he gets into good positions.

Tbf to gutierrez, hes a good player in a shite side. Against ManUre 1st game of the season he was outstanding, and he has still producted his high octain performances. I agree there is a lack of end product but that will come. Remember he got over 20 assists last season?

I'd know who I'd rather have leave in the summer.

Alex would you want Duff to stay as back up if we got another LW? I think i would tbh...iv been critical of him lately and think its justified but he has upped his game last couple of games so maybe we could yet see the best of him?

I would definatly rather go get a new LW though iih.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Bit rich. You can't even spell 'shite'.

Fair enough, although I try to avoid swearing even in the most minute of ways.

I'd know who I'd rather have leave in the summer.

Alex would you want Duff to stay as back up if we got another LW? I think i would tbh...iv been critical of him lately and think its justified but he has upped his game last couple of games so maybe we could yet see the best of him?

I would definatly rather go get a new LW though iih.

I just meant Jonas is a better bet than Duff.