Newcastle United vs Everton

Deano

I know its a week away yet but with us not being in action id thought id get this going early. I think even though Everton are having a great season and we are in contrast having a shite season, its worth noting we havnt lost at home to blue side of liverpool since the 2000/2001 season.

With gutierrez and martins back i think we will have that extra bit pace we have lacked recently, especially from oba.

This game could be a massive turning point in our season, following on from a gritty win aganst WBA to beat one of the better sides in the league could set us up well for games against bolton and the big boys at st.james.

Im thinking we'll go with the following side and win 2-1...martins getting a goal on his return and gutierrez chipping in with a goal after scoring for the argies.

---Harper---

---R.Taylor---Coloccini---Bassong---Enrique---

---Gutierrez---Nolan---Butt---Duff---

---Ameobi---Martins---

:lol:

Come on boyz do it for JFK :lol:

Edited by Jimbo

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going to replace Butt then? :lol:

Anyone. I could get plastic surgery and turn up as him.

Honestly though, I would like to see us with three in midfield and Smith/Viduka up top.

Edited by Attain

Id love to see oba and lovenkrands upfront, that would be my choice but i dont think we'll see it.

Yep, Oba and Lovenkrands to start, and one makes room for Viduka in the second half once the Everton boys are a bit more tired.

I'd feel better about our defence if we had Habib back ... :lol:

Id love to see oba and lovenkrands upfront, that would be my choice but i dont think we'll see it.

Yep, Oba and Lovenkrands to start, and one makes room for Viduka in the second half once the Everton boys are a bit more tired.

I'd feel better about our defence if we had Habib back ... :lol:

Sounds good to me mate, and while i agree about beye, im quite interested to see how r.taylor is going to do...i think he mite just turn out to be a tremendous signing for us.

Do you think r.taylor will switch to LB when beye is back?

I know its a week away yet but with us not being in action id thought id get this going early. I think even though Everton are having a great season and we are in contrast having a shite season, its worth noting we havnt lost at home to blue side of liverpool since the 2000/2001 season.

With gutierrez and martins back i think we will have that extra bit pace we have lacked recently, especially from oba.

This game could be a massive turning point in our season, following on from a gritty win aganst WBA to beat one of the better sides in the league could set us up well for games against bolton and the big boys at st.james.

Im thinking we'll go with the following side and win 2-1...martins getting a goal on his return and gutierrez chipping in with a goal after scoring for the argies.

---Harper---

---R.Taylor---Coloccini---Bassong---Enrique---

---Gutierrez---Nolan---Butt---Duff---

---Ameobi---Martins---

:lol:

Come on boyz do it for JFK :lol:

Give your head a wobble! Shola and Martins my ass! Lovernkrands and Martins more like.........!

Give your head a wobble! Shola and Martins my ass! Lovernkrands and Martins more like.........!

Shola has done ok.

4 Goals and 4 assists this season.

I've been more impressed with the little we've seen of Lovenkrands than Shola tbh. As for the game, Think it's going to be tough, I'd settle for a draw.

I'm being optimistic.

I think the gang will have drawn a little closer together after Kinnear's heart probs. We will be more potent now that Oba's back and will have pace in the midfield with Spiderman (who will be feeling very optimistic).

We just have to be VERY careful with the set pieces; esp. corners and the like.

I'm thinking back to our Villa game, and think we'll do the same here.

Edited by dbsweeney

I'm being optimistic.

I think the gang will have drawn a little closer together after Kinnear's heart probs. We will be more potent now that Oba's back and will have pace in the midfield with Spiderman (who will be feeling very optimistic).

We just have to be VERY careful with the set pieces; esp. corners and the like.

I'm thinking back to our Villa game, and think we'll do the same here.

I hope we get something. Going to be tough against a team that's organised and knows their business.

I think Having one of Lovernkrands or Martins on the bench to bring on might make all the difference. Hope we can nick this one, however I don't see us keeping a clean sheet. Cahill missing is a blow for them though.

Shola has done ok.

4 Goals and 4 assists this season.

Yeah he has done class.

My Team

S. Taylor Colochini Bassong Enrique

R. Taylor Gutierrez Nolan Duff

Viduka Martins

I know he can be a liability but Steven Taylor has given us some drive down the right that we have been missing and contributes to set pieces (at their end). Give Jonas a run out in the middle and go with our best two strikers from the start. Rather rest viduka when were ahead than bring him on when we're chasing the game.

Think we're going to win this 3-1, have a feeling we ill put in an uncharateristic awesome performance matched by a Sunday crowd that will be in good voice a, on the back of a win and b, having been on the drink all day.

iirc he's already been played there and looked lost as fuck.....keep him on the left it's his position