Newcastle United vs Everton

Deano

He looks faster and stronger every game

It says in the paper "Both sets of fans created a rousing atmosphere", I thought I'd ask a random armchair supporter, how it came across on telly, because even though I've lost me voice, in general I thought the atmosphere wasn't that great and we could've done more, particularly with 10 men.

Re: Shola, that flick on to nobody in the second half and his general lazyness, I can honestly say I have a degree of sympathy with him for the abuse he receives, but 90% of it is completely justified. Balls flashed across the box, and he is just so lethargic and laid back, without sounding racist he would be better suited in temperament selling watches on a Jamaican beach with a big spliff in his mouth, than playing in the high octane Premiership. I have now without question reached the end with Shola.

I think he just has a very slow football brain confounded by an odd loping gait which makes him look lazy. He's not a premiership player but it's not his fault he was selected. If anyone deserved pantomime boos it was Nolan for nearly ruining someone's career and giving us a mountain to climb.

I just don't like the negativity, especially when individual players are singled out. The abuse of Shola around me was constant and nonstop, it was boring apart from anything else. Then there was the double standards when Martins didn't do much better.

Wasn't paying much attention to Nolan's tackle on MOTD2 cos me chinkies arrived but I'm sure I heard someone say Anichebe's leg bent and went back to normal, didnt think that was possible.

was dixon, it didn't really bend, bit of flex in the bone though it was an awful tackle

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks faster and stronger every game

It says in the paper "Both sets of fans created a rousing atmosphere", I thought I'd ask a random armchair supporter, how it came across on telly, because even though I've lost me voice, in general I thought the atmosphere wasn't that great and we could've done more, particularly with 10 men.

Re: Shola, that flick on to nobody in the second half and his general lazyness, I can honestly say I have a degree of sympathy with him for the abuse he receives, but 90% of it is completely justified. Balls flashed across the box, and he is just so lethargic and laid back, without sounding racist he would be better suited in temperament selling watches on a Jamaican beach with a big spliff in his mouth, than playing in the high octane Premiership. I have now without question reached the end with Shola.

I think he just has a very slow football brain confounded by an odd loping gait which makes him look lazy. He's not a premiership player but it's not his fault he was selected. If anyone deserved pantomime boos it was Nolan for nearly ruining someone's career and giving us a mountain to climb.

I just don't like the negativity, especially when individual players are singled out. The abuse of Shola around me was constant and nonstop, it was boring apart from anything else. Then there was the double standards when Martins didn't do much better.

That is the conclusion I've come to. He looks lazy or dozy because can't anticipate and he's not alert to half-chances.

I just don't see what successive managers have seen in Ameobi. The odd flash of skill isn't worth the dross that precedes and follows it for long periods. He puts the opposition under very little pressure when he doesn't have the ball.

I just don't see what he can offer long term and he won't improve now. I hope we've given him a new contract to ensure we can sell him on in the summer.

I just don't see what successive managers have seen in Ameobi. The odd flash of skill isn't worth the dross that precedes and follows it for long periods. He puts the opposition under very little pressure when he doesn't have the ball.

I just don't see what he can offer long term and he won't improve now. I hope we've given him a new contract to ensure we can sell him on in the summer.

KK tried to sell him to Ipswich, but they got a straw man cheaper apparently.

I thought he failed the medical ?

He was injured at the time anyway. On crutches IIRC?

Nah straw man outran him.

I'm not sure any manager has seen anything in Shola tbh. It's just the fact that we can't flog him coupled with their hands being forced through injuries etc. It's a case of "Well, who else is there? Shola will do". It's not like he'd be anywhere near the team if everyone was fully fit.

That being said, a 3 year contract seems to hint that the current regime see something in him so fuck knows. He's probably got blackmail on someone.

Don't have any problem with Shola hanging around the club. The problems come when he is played ahead of better players. If he starts in the next match it will be beyond ridiculous.

Agree with the view on Ameobi - booing him off won't help him in terms of confidence, and at least he cares about playing for this club. Having said that, he's still crap.

you know this because he tries so damn hard?

His lack of movement and getting into the fucking right positions hasn't to do with his attitude - he just hasn't got a football brain.