Newcastle United vs Everton

Deano

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result giving Nolan awful tackle and resulting effects on the numbers.

Bassong had Jo in his pocket all match, another excellent display in Black and White, he's verging on player of the season IMO.

Probably get stick for this, but i thought Steven Taylor ran his socks off today, sometimes forgets to get back as quickly as he gets forwards but i thought he helped the midfield out a fair bit in the second half.

all in all i reckon we could have got something from the game before Nolan lost his head, but a crucial point in the end! 5 points above the drop zone, but with blackburn having a game in a hand its still going to be tight as hell!

Bassong had Jo in his pocket all match, another excellent display in Black and White, he's verging on player of the season IMO.

Probably get stick for this, but i thought Steven Taylor ran his socks off today, sometimes forgets to get back as quickly as he gets forwards but i thought he helped the midfield out a fair bit in the second half.

all in all i reckon we could have got something from the game before Nolan lost his head, but a crucial point in the end! 5 points above the drop zone, but with blackburn having a game in a hand its still going to be tight as hell!

Tbf I'd say the same, best game from him in recent months. If he only could do it every Saturday.

Point more than I expected but I still can't see another 4 wins coming any time soon.

I know they had players missing but it just shows what a missed opportunity this season has been if Everton are comfortably sixth.

Point more than I expected but I still can't see another 4 wins coming any time soon.

I know they had players missing but it just shows what a missed opportunity this season has been if Everton are comfortably sixth.

Agree, really frustrating. They had people missing, but are nothing special other than well organised and a good creative hub in Arteta.

If Forrest Gump played for the toon, he would fuckin run his socks off too. The only difference is 27 GUMP would not be geordie*. I thought in terms of having the ball he was so poor he was almost embarrassing. When he was running down the Leazes first half, "goo on Stevie, goo on, goo on, goo on", and the cunt, like Forest Gump, he just kept on running, but he dribbled the ball out for a throw in for no reason. None at all, he had the ball perfectly under control, but he kept on running oh dear.

I'll take a point, but a) I was bored :mellow: Everton's fans are totally wank, c) ours aren't much better and d) Moyes is a cunt - what sort of manager plays 4 5 1 for 20 minutes when you're against 10 men. Everton were ambitionless.

* technically the cunts not.

Edited by Stevie

Good result all things considered.

Everton without their core midfielders were there for the taking today.

I'd have started with Oba. Looked a little sluggish but a real goal threat compared to Shola.

Lovenkrands had an absolute stinker.

Just got back from the game. Very worried with these two running the show. Pranced around the technical area whispering to each other constantly clinging to a clipboard throughout the game.

Only introduced Martins after relentless deafening pressure from the crowd.

Enrique looks t be getting better and better. Jonas poor.

Should have started to win. Shame.

Butt has had his one good game out of 5 now.

What aboot those leaflets in Level 7 sidoon or get ye season ticket taken off ye :mellow: Daft cunts.

None of those in our part of section 7?

Seriously? Everyone round me had them. You must be part of the mute Level 7 near the Milburn.

What aboot those leaflets in Level 7 sidoon or get ye season ticket taken off ye :mellow: Daft cunts.

Did you see my aeroplane?

It made pitch side.

:D

Me and yee should meet for a half time pint.

Shame as we couldnt have asked for a better chance to beat Everton, i've always said without Cahill and Arteta they are distinctly average, merely a very well drilled and organised team with a good defence.

Nolan should be getting a fine for stupidity like that, with 11 men we could have won that, second half.

Think people are being harsh saying Lovenkrands was shite, him and Duff may as well have sat out the first 30 mins as they got no service of any level whatsoever and he was stuck up there with Shola in one of his worst ambling about, not giving a shit kind of moods. But the miss from Lovenkrands was a shocker, you have to bury those everytime.

Bassong and Enrique were top class for me, with Bassong rightly given MOTM. Bassong has been pretty much class every game but i think recently Enrique is showing people what he's capable of when he has a bit of confidence.

The ref was right on the sending off but he seemed to think it was against the law to book any of their players no matter what they did, until finally dishing out a yellow because one of them argued with him.

If Forrest Gump played for the toon, he would fuckin run his socks off too. The only difference is 27 GUMP would not be geordie*. I thought in terms of having the ball he was so poor he was almost embarrassing. When he was running down the Leazes first half, "goo on Stevie, goo on, goo on, goo on", and the cunt, like Forest Gump, he just kept on running, but he dribbled the ball out for a throw in for no reason. None at all, he had the ball perfectly under control, but he kept on running oh dear.

I'll take a point, but a) I was bored :mellow: Everton's fans are totally wank, c) ours aren't much better and d) Moyes is a cunt - what sort of manager plays 4 5 1 for 20 minutes when you're against 10 men. Everton were ambitionless.

I think that's harsh on him, he had one of his better games.

I thought Enrique played well again today. Shola though, he is fucking hopeless.

Luckily he's all ours for years to come! :D

:mellow:

He managed to fit in nearly all that's bad about him today. We had the lazy not running about, the not attacking the ball when decent and occasionally great crosses came in, the endless run of stupid fouls on defenders, usually pushing them or pulling their shirt, all we needed was an awful scuffed shot and beign caught offside through lack of concentration! At one point Taylor (Ryan) chucked a good long throw into the box and Shola was ducking as it came in FFS! And as somebody else mentioned at one point, knowing fine well he was up front alone, he flicked a header on, to who, i have no idea!

Surely the obvious thing to do is start with a Viduka or Martins, who have some ability and see how long you get from them before their lack of match fitness means they need to be subbed, then you bring the other one on!

I think Viduka and Lovennkrands could have done quite well togther then second half unleash Martins' pace on them.

I think that's harsh on him, he had one of his better games.

WHich is a scary thought! He won some clearing headers and did work hard but as usual their were some stupid mistakes and passes astray. And as Stevie said, what the hell is a proffesional footballer doing just dribbling the ball out of play for a throw to them! He knew he'd touched it last and he wasn't unable to control it, he just let it go out of play!

But i certainly feel much less worried when he's at RB as he can't cause anywhere near as much trouble as when he's at CB, and our keeper must be releived because when he's at CB he usually ends up marking our goalie or standing behind them waving his arms about and blaming everyone else for goals conceded!

I thought Enrique played well again today. Shola though, he is fucking hopeless.

Luckily he's all ours for years to come! :love:

:mellow:

He managed to fit in nearly all that's bad about him today. We had the lazy not running about, the not attacking the ball when decent and occasionally great crosses came in, the endless run of stupid fouls on defenders, usually pushing them or pulling their shirt, all we needed was an awful scuffed shot and beign caught offside through lack of concentration! At one point Taylor (Ryan) chucked a good long throw into the box and Shola was ducking as it came in FFS! And as somebody else mentioned at one point, knowing fine well he was up front alone, he flicked a header on, to who, i have no idea!

Surely the obvious thing to do is start with a Viduka or Martins, who have some ability and see how long you get from them before their lack of match fitness means they need to be subbed, then you bring the other one on!

I think Viduka and Lovennkrands could have done quite well togther then second half unleash Martins' pace on them.

He really has got it all hasn't he. :D

Edited by Asprilla

Bassong man of the match. Enrique also played well. Our new boys all had pretty average/shite games, spare Ryan Taylor's free-kicks/crosses. Butt again a passenger who occasionally chimes in with a tackle.