TOON ULTRAS BULGARIA

nufc1892

Well no one can call you glory hunters.

Why can't you adopt the same attidude to other "out of towners" who feel the same pain and passion to Newcaslte United ????

Most of them are 94-98 boys though if you're honest. Where as these lads clearly were all behind the toon in the Jim Smith era.

Why can't you adopt the same attidude to other "out of towners" who feel the same pain and passion to Newcaslte United ????

Most of them are 94-98 boys though if you're honest. Where as these lads clearly were all behind the toon in the Jim Smith era.

So we gained some supporters through playing good football and still winning fuck all.

At least they are sticking with us when we are fucking atrocious.

Edited by trophyshy

So we gained some supporters through playing good football and still winning fuck all.

:D Don't get so emotional.

:) Don't get so emotional.

Whereas you keep it all bottled up? :D

you are probably right that obviosly none of us were newcastle fans before the 90's.

but you must agree that alot of newcastle supporters especially the one which are abroad became newcastle fans during the keegan's era.

thats the case with me also.

one of the first newcastle games i watched was at the famous 95/96 season when we dropped the 12 point advantage.

the liverpool 3-4 drama,the blackburn drama after that.

that was the point when i realized that im geordie forever.i cared too much about them and at that time i didnt knew how to explain that feeling inside me.

nevertheless most of us are supporting the toon ever since then.

My personal belief is you should be loyal to your local club, if you're from Derby or Dundee, Hertfordshire or Leeds, because is a tribal sport, that's just how I see it. Newcastle fans sing "we support our local team", some of us do, so to you the people who sing this are all wanks, because we abuse Man Utd for out of towners when we have plenty of our own.

In a country like England, with so many massive clubs, and that's what they are (there are more big football clubs in England than anywhere in Europe in my opinion) surely, SURELY you should pick you local side. You can sit back and admire brilliant sides, I grew up admiring Holland, if we didn't win the World Cup in 1990, I would have liked Holland to win it, because they are the best side (that 1988 team anyway), that didn't win the WC, better than France 82 in my view, you can admire them and I always admired AC Milan when I was a kid, even had a top, but I would never support them, care and love about them because they are fuck all to do with me.

I think a large reason we have this large out of town fan base is purely out of admiration for the Keegan team, that's fair enough, but it doesn't stop me being bitter some out of towner got a 98 Cup Final ticket and I didn't. No offence out of towners, and if I was from Ireland or some country with a shit league I would most likely choose an English team too. People from the likes of Leeds, Glasgow though where there are biggish teams I can't understand why you'd support a rival cities team.

Edit: I'd put Brazil 82 on a par with Holland 88, although straight up I'd rather have Gullit than Zico and van Basten than any of em.

Edited by Stevie

I must have missed that bit, where did you find reference to that ??

Berbatov was a massive toon fan, he was from a remote part of Bulgaria where apparently there's plenty toon fans, he used to sleep in his Shearer shirt.

Only met one Bulgarian bloke, he was a big fat cunt called Vasco, was either Vesco or Vasco, I was at Euro 2000 in this YH in Amsterdam, and what a sound bloke. He was basically living out of youth hostels, he was in his 40's like but he loved English football, but sadly he supported Man Utd. He said he hated Germany and loved England, that was good enough for me, he asked me to stay at his house in Bulgaria and all that bollocks, but thought nah, genuinely canny bloke though, nothing like a Turk or Russian.

Berbatov was really big toon fan and especially big Shearer fan.

Its funny but i played against his brother Asen when i was at my youth club but he was never the same class as his big brother.

also i dont think that the region from where Berbatov is(Blagoevgrad)there are alot of newcastle fans :)

sadly the most fans of english football are supporting liverpool,man utd and arsenal.there are also alot of chelsea fans but they are glory hunters because they are fans after the Abramovich era.

its pitty that newcastle dont have enough fan base in bulgaria because they are really big club imo.

i think even tottenham have more fans then newcastle.

nevertheless all of us who supports newcastle in bulgaria we are proud to be newcastle supporters and we hope that they are better times infront of our club

also i must say that in bulgaria they are alot of england supporters including me.

in bulgaria the people love the english football and the premiership.

Fuck!! Lucky Stevie missed this bit. :D

Well done to the lot of you, keep the faith, we will rise again *

* although that might not be for another 20 years, the position of your club may go down as well as up, the possibility of relegation cannot be discounted and bankruptcy/liquidation remains a possibility (if you believe certain posters on Newcastle-Online.Org).

I really wish that there were more Newcastle Supporters in my area. It would be nice to watch the match with a bigger group of supporters of the same team. But then again, I really do enjoy the match with the three Geordies that do come out.

I really wish that there were more Newcastle Supporters in my area. It would be nice to watch the match with a bigger group of supporters of the same team. But then again, I really do enjoy the match with the three Geordies that do come out.

Apparently Nevada Smith's in New York is crawling with toon fans when our games are on.

Apparently Nevada Smith's in New York is crawling with toon fans when our games are on.

I have heard that as well and there have been pics from the NUFC Supporters Club here in the US but unfortunately for me I am in Florida. I tried to start something in the past... even had the website domain name of NUFC.US to get something going but not enough interest in my part of the country to continue it on, unfortunately.

Как ще кажеш 'dirty mackem' на български език?

:)

PS. Корабът ми на въздушна възглавница е пълен със змиорки

нещо не можах да те разбера?!

dirty mackem=мръсен макъм :D

Как ще кажеш 'dirty mackem' на български език?

:)

PS. Корабът ми на въздушна възглавница е пълен със змиорки

нещо не можах да те разбера?!

dirty mackem=мръсен макъм :D

That Stevie's a cunt?!

Ant at least you didn't fall in to the trap of supporting either of the Scottish bigots, or Linfield, or Cliftonville.

Top post, mate!

That's given me the biggest smile!! :)

Wish we had that sort of thing here in Perth.

(Maybe I should get off my arse and do it! :D )

Get your arse over to Aussiemags.net

Good forum there, and there is occassionally meet ups to watch matches as well.

My personal belief is you should be loyal to your local club, if you're from Derby or Dundee, Hertfordshire or Leeds, because is a tribal sport, that's just how I see it. Newcastle fans sing "we support our local team", some of us do, so to you the people who sing this are all wanks, because we abuse Man Utd for out of towners when we have plenty of our own.

I think a large reason we have this large out of town fan base is purely out of admiration for the Keegan team, that's fair enough, but it doesn't stop me being bitter some out of towner got a 98 Cup Final ticket and I didn't. No offence out of towners, and if I was from Ireland or some country with a shit league I would most likely choose an English team too.

I agree with what you're saying. The A-League in Australia is better than any Football/Soccer league that we have had in the past, but is still basically shite. No comparison between it and the premierleague. Nonetheless I support my local team Sydney FC, despite them having several unlikeable players, and previously an even less likeable manager. My true passion though is for Newcastle United, even though I've never been to Newcastle (I will get to St James' one day). By virtue of the internet I'm able to communicate with Newcastle fans the world over, and truth be told I've probably seen more Newcastle games over the last 3 seasons than season ticket holders in Newcastle (have watched every game as we have an interactive option to watch all bar one match across the season - the others I have watched through internet streams).

Whilst it's crucially important to maintain and grow the home base of support in Newcastle, progressing the profile of the club the world over will be key to growing NUFC in the future. Unfortunately investment in home talent is not sufficient at the moment in the premierleague, so the future will see many players come from the all around the world to play for NUFC. The bigger the international profile of the club, the more likely these players will be to come. It's great to see players like this Vuckic lad talk about the size of Newcastle United, as it bodes well for our international image (which frankly should probably be in tatters at the moment).

Is that right? Good tip then, I'll have to have a look in myself one of these days.

In a country like England, with so many massive clubs, and that's what they are (there are more big football clubs in England than anywhere in Europe in my opinion) surely, SURELY you should pick you local side. You can sit back and admire brilliant sides, I grew up admiring Holland, if we didn't win the World Cup in 1990, I would have liked Holland to win it, because they are the best side (that 1988 team anyway), that didn't win the WC, better than France 82 in my view, you can admire them and I always admired AC Milan when I was a kid, even had a top, but I would never support them, care and love about them because they are fuck all to do with me.

I think a large reason we have this large out of town fan base is purely out of admiration for the Keegan team, that's fair enough, but it doesn't stop me being bitter some out of towner got a 98 Cup Final ticket and I didn't. No offence out of towners, and if I was from Ireland or some country with a shit league I would most likely choose an English team too. People from the likes of Leeds, Glasgow though where there are biggish teams I can't understand why you'd support a rival cities team.

Edit: I'd put Brazil 82 on a par with Holland 88, although straight up I'd rather have Gullit than Zico and van Basten than any of em.

I'm not going to argue with you about this Stevie because it's not going to change my mind about supporting Newcastle but what do you think of people who move away from the area for work reasons but who want to instill a love of their club in their kids? (which is what happened in my case).

There is a tradition in a lot of families going back generations and most people hold those things dear and try and pass them on. Which team you support being one of them.

First game I watched was Jim Smith in charge, went with my Grandad and we got beat 3-0 or 3-1 by Man City

:D Aye, I'm sure that English Second Division football was a priority round the time of the revolutions.

First game I watched was Jim Smith in charge, went with my Grandad and we got beat 3-0 or 3-1 by Man City

:D We didn't play Man City between 1987 and 1994.

To the french lad, if it's in the blood it's in the blood that's another matter all together.

:) We didn't play Man City between 1987 and 1994.

To the french lad, if it's in the blood it's in the blood that's another matter all together.

:D

:D We didn't play Man City between 1987 and 1994.

:) fuck knows then :razz: we got beat 3-1 i know that, it was over 20 years ago now when i went :D