Shepherd versus Ashley

Ketsbaia

Fat Geordie twat or fat southern twat?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now's the time to pick a side. Which of the cunts would you rather have? The gobshite who showed a tonne of ambition but almost drove the club to financial ruin or the mute who has the finances in check but would rather count his money that spend it so we avoid the drop?

Place yer bets now.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the fence.

Would you rather have your plums gnawed off by a giant rat or your eyeballs gouged out with a screwdriver? It's really that sort of question......

On the assumption we weren't going to "do a Leeds", I'd rather have Shepherd because the club was a more interesting place.

If Freddie hadn't squandered so much, then we wouldn't have needed Ashley. If Ashley hadn't have come in at the time, then who knows how much poo we'd be in.

However, it would have been nice if Freddie and the Halls could've held on for a while until Abu Dhabi United came sniffing around the FAPL.

Hindsight, and all that :D

On the assumption we weren't going to "do a Leeds", I'd rather have Shepherd because the club was a more interesting place.

Pretty much my thoughts. Flying by the seat of your pants is more exciting than pouring over the books. And I don't think we would have "done a Leeds".

Are we actually certain NUFC were on the brink of financial collapse or was that just another CAshley lie?

Freddy for me. At least when he was in charge we used to get a buzz watching the team.

People were predicting prior to Ashley coming in that we couldn't continue spending the way we were.

Leeds 'did a Leeds' because they went down, more than anything. When have we been in more danger of being relegated, in recent times? Not since we last won promotion.

I'd have to say Shepherd, show me which of the major clubs that do not have debt, and then ask their position in their respective league.

Under Ashley all we have done is move the debt and in a crisis who do you think he'll support, Ashley of course. If it comes to a final countdown and he has to make choices he will always back his first instincts, and where he made that money.

NUFC is his expensive plaything, his retailing empire is where he has made his money.

Whilst Shepherd is not the ideal I also hate that smug smile that emanates from Llambias. I also hate the fact that we have a poisoned little dwarf with vast amounts of influence on our club.

So for these reasons Shepherd wins my vote, hands down.

Leeds 'did a Leeds' because they went down, more than anything. When have we been in more danger of being relegated, in recent times? Not since we last won promotion.

And they didn't actually own some of their most expensive players.

I'd have to say Shepherd, show me which of the major clubs that do not have debt, and then ask their position in their respective league.

Under Ashley all we have done is move the debt and in a crisis who do you think he'll support, Ashley of course. If it comes to a final countdown and he has to make choices he will always back his first instincts, and where he made that money.

NUFC is his expensive plaything, his retailing empire is where he has made his money.

Whilst Shepherd is not the ideal I also hate that smug smile that emanates from Llambias. I also hate the fact that we have a poisoned little dwarf with vast amounts of influence on our club.

So for these reasons Shepherd wins my vote, hands down.

Says a lot about Ashley that FS is beating him in a poll. :D

Aye, but their money problems effectively consigned them to relegation as they had to start selling players and bring in shite to replace it.

I do like the fact we're in some way cupable for the state Leeds are in now as we beat them to fourth place in 01/02 thus starting their financial troubles :D