Shepherd versus Ashley

Ketsbaia

Fat Geordie twat or fat southern twat?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And mods, how come all the thread derailing posts aren't whacked in here anyway?

We can do it err... we are just busy doing stuff.

Given the amount of threads that got derailed we'd be doing nothing but unpicking and moving them. :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW out of the two of them I'd choose Shepherd. However it's a close run thing and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Doesn't have to be one or the other though which is what I think gets lost in translation when those threads go off on one.

Y
Leazes has it in his head that he's convinced me recently that Ashley's not as good as Shepherd, and that he's been something of a a lone voice in opposition to Ashley/support of Shepherd. He's forgetting that most of us have stated Shepherd was preferable years ago...

Team Shepherd

Kitman

Parky

Bawan

Holden

Alex

Dr Ken

Jackie's the Lad

Big Onion

Happy Face

Jay Jay Sea

Shear Class

LeazesMag

Fop

Team Ashley

Asprilla

Tom

Besty

CT

Toonpack

Snakehips

So Leazes, stick to the people on Team Ashley for your WUMmery please.

And mods, how come all the thread derailing posts aren't whacked in here anyway?

Don't really specify YOU , not deliberately anyway.

Surely by now, there can't be many people stupid enough to think Ashley will ever get near the Halls and Shepherd though :lol:

We can all look forward to doing a lap of honour for finishing 10th in the premiership and selling our best players. Ecstatic stuff or what.

Only dug it up after you said...

"As it happens, HF and Gemmill [i think] agree with me on Mike Ashley, now."

As if you've convinced me of something.

I meant Gemmil in that instance :icon_lol:

without a doubt shepard for me i dont care what anyone thinks of him he got us shearer dont forget that ashley wouldnt pay 15 million for a player like that

How can anyone say Shepherd though? There's a massive possibility that Newcastle United wouldn't exist right now?

Without going full circle in two threads, theres absoultely zero proof of that.

All you Shepherd apologists are bonkers! The bloke drove the club to the brink of administration and after the fake sheik debacle he was "persona non grata" in Newcastle, but now because Ashley has displeased some by refusing to spend big and has instead concentrated on putting the club on course to becoming that rarest of things in EPL fooball, namely a profit making organisation, you would all have Shepherd back so he can borrow the club into extinction again and line his own and his families pockets with dubious warehouse deals etc. Mental absolutely mental!

All you Shepherd apologists are bonkers! The bloke drove the club to the brink of administration and after the fake sheik debacle he was "persona non grata" in Newcastle, but now because Ashley has displeased some by refusing to spend big and has instead concentrated on putting the club on course to becoming that rarest of things in EPL fooball, namely a profit making organisation, you would all have Shepherd back so he can borrow the club into extinction again and line his own and his families pockets with dubious warehouse deals etc. Mental absolutely mental!

Meanwhile, somewhere in Scarborough

pd1684775.jpg

:lol:

pd1684775.jpg

:lol: absolute proof that you read NOTHING

pd1684775.jpg

:lol: absolute proof that you read NOTHING

Irony rules yet again :icon_lol:

Bob has it spot on.

How can anyone say Shepherd though? There's a massive possibility that Newcastle United wouldn't exist right now?

There's also a probability he would have given the Man City buyers a more serious price than Ashley did when they approached him.

I don't see why you would answer the question based on what didn't happen rather than what did.

Ashley has wasted hundrerds of millions showing no ambition and getting us relegated.

Shepherd made tens of millions chasing the dream and getting us into a financial hole, but leaving us with a stadium that makes us an attractive investment opportunity no matter what our books look like, or how overpayed the team are.

The irony of your comment is that Shepherd took a profit from the club consistently because the club could afford it, while Ashley hasn't managed to take a penny.

Is your only ambition for your club REALLY that they balance the books?

The irony of your comment is that Shepherd took a profit from the club consistently because the club could afford it, while Ashley hasn't managed to take a penny.

That's HIGHLY debatable mind !!

That's HIGHLY debatable mind !!

The auditers thought so.

I'm not defending Shepherd. I've slated him plenty on this board and you'll find many posts where I rage against his financial mismanagement and his staffing decisions.

But I was NEVER so enraged as to do something as sad as starting a blog just to keep track of how badly he was doing. :D

The auditers thought so.

I'm not defending Shepherd. I've slated him plenty on this board and you'll find many posts where I rage against his financial mismanagement and his staffing decisions.

But I was NEVER so enraged as to do something as sad as starting a blog just to keep track of how badly he was doing. :D

Me neither :icon_lol:

On the subject of blogs, I've been reading Swiss Ramble's stuff on the other Prem team's and looked back at the NUFC one again, this time reading the comments. There's a meltdown-guy offering to have it out in the Strawberry with him, maybe Leazes did read it after all. :icon_lol:

pd1684775.jpg

:D absolute proof that you read NOTHING

Bob has it spot on.

you haven't any idea what I was referring to there have you :icon_lol:

Bob is spouting the same bollocks as you as it happens, which has been pointed out .....

There's also a probability he would have given the Man City buyers a more serious price than Ashley did when they approached him.

I don't see why you would answer the question based on what didn't happen rather than what did.

Ashley has wasted hundrerds of millions showing no ambition and getting us relegated.

Shepherd made tens of millions chasing the dream and getting us into a financial hole, but leaving us with a stadium that makes us an attractive investment opportunity no matter what our books look like, or how overpayed the team are.

thats about right. Maybe Toonpack or BrazilianBob can tell us what supermarket chain exactly they think would now be gracing the site of SJP, if Big Bad Fred hadn't wasted money on rent for a warehouse to a member of the family ?

:D

Edited by LeazesMag

pd1684775.jpg

:D absolute proof that you read NOTHING

Bob has it spot on.

you haven't any idea what I was referring to there have you :icon_lol:

Bob is spouting the same bollocks as you as it happens, which has been pointed out .....

I can't make any sense of the drivel you post most of the time so getting a reference would be even more difficult.

Pointed out maybe, but yet to be disproved.

I can't make any sense of the drivel you post most of the time so getting a reference would be even more difficult.

Pointed out maybe, but yet to be disproved.

So, where do you think we will be in 5 more years of your mans time running the club, which will be 9 years of his "plan"?

Do you plan to play your part in contributing to these exciting times ahead ?

Or are you firmly sat at home since the attraction disappeared, like thousands more will do before his time is finished ?

That is MY prediction, which I made some time ago, and is unfortunately well on the way to fruition. What is yours ?

PS.....you still don't get what you said earlier do you ? :D Is your view from Brighton Grove still as shite as its always been. :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag