Jade Goody

Kid Dynamite

Guest Stevie
Good to see the death of Ted Hughes' and Sylvia Plath's son pushing her off the front page of the Times this morning.

Not that I give a fuck about his death but at least it wasn't her ugly mug looking at me.

She's only been bwaan bwed 24 hours you insensitive faakin maag, faakin pillar of our society was Jade me old san, faakin av a word [/DannyB]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 pages in The Sun for someone who's most notable achievement was racially abusing someone immeasurably better looking than her. England in 2009.

Desparate Dan gets 5 pages in the Dandy too.

"This country :( "

you're forgetting that while you may not and I certainly don't take the sun seriously there are still millions of people in england who call it a "newspaper"

You've gorra love the Sun man....

_45559483_jg_6_226.gif

_45559487_mirror_race_226.gif

_45559488_sun_race.gif

Anyone would think it was a different lass they're writing about today when they say...

"JADE’S childlike innocence and hilarious blunders charmed the nation when she first shot to fame on Big Brother 3."

That's where the comparison with Diana is particularly apt imo.

:(

Expand on that please..

Tabloids had nowt good to say about them until they were dead/dying.

Expand on that please..

We should get a decent write up at the end of the season then.

Guest Stevie

Expand on that please..

OK I misread what you were saying, but with Jade I think till the Shilpa Shetty thing she got a fair enough ride. She was basically a dense fat boiler from Bermondsey will the morals you'd expect for someone with such a profile, the coverage she has received is a disgrace when there is a global catastrophe unfolding before our eyes which gets two fucking pages a month!

Expand on that please..

We should get a decent write up at the end of the season then.

I hear OK have already done a tribute.

Expand on that please..

To be picky I don't think Di got the Prince of hearts tag posthumously. He stock went up a million fold when she died though.

Is this phenomenon peculiar to the UK?

Expand on that please..

OK I misread what you were saying, but with Jade I think till the Shilpa Shetty thing she got a fair enough ride. She was basically a dense fat boiler from Bermondsey will the morals you'd expect for someone with such a profile, the coverage she has received is a disgrace when there is a global catastrophe unfolding before our eyes which gets two fucking pages a month!

I didn't make it very clear tbf. Without going into loads of detail it was just a general comment about how hypocritical the papers are about stuff like this. They're fairly good at gauging the moods of the mongs who buy and lap up their shite though which is what the bandwagon in recent weeks has been all about I think.

Guest Stevie

It's sickening. Gordon Brown has made THREE yes THREE speeches about Jade Goody. The following have done immeasurably more for this country than Jade - Sir Bobby Robson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Richard Branson, Jamie Oliver, David Attenborough, etc etc etc will they have three speeches made by the prime minister about them when they die? Will they fuck.

Expand on that please..

To be picky I don't think Di got the Prince of hearts tag posthumously. He stock went up a million fold when she died though.

Is this phenomenon peculiar to the UK?

To expand a bit on what I meant, neither literally never had anything bad written about them but both had loads of negative press before what to my mind became a rather fake and sickening beatification / history re-write.

Edited by alex

It's sickening. Gordon Brown has made THREE yes THREE speeches about Jade Goody. The following have done immeasurably more for this country than Jade - Sir Bobby Robson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Richard Branson, Jamie Oliver, David Attenborough, etc etc etc will they have three speeches made by the prime minister about them when they die? Will they fuck.

Agreed. Brown should be ashamed of himself.

Which Prime Minister was it that made a plea to free Diedre Rashid?

Just reminded me of the League of Gentlemen when Pauline is holding Ross hostage.

This stuff about her raising awareness about screening is getting to me - are there really women who don't know about it?

This is going to sound horrible but what the hell - if such ignorance does exist should we be as sympathetic as "normal" if a case is missed throught said ignorance?

This stuff about her raising awareness about screening is getting to me - are there really women who don't know about it?

This is going to sound horrible but what the hell - if such ignorance does exist should we be as sympathetic as "normal" if a case is missed throught said ignorance?

It's a bit like crediting Diana with raising awareness about seat belts :(

I'm positive a lot of women in their twenties don't give a moments thought to getting a screening....heck the government won't fund screenings if you're under 25.

I know there's a debate over the validity of a test up to that point, but I imagine a lot more 25's and over have put in for one now.

If i felt a bump in my nads I'd go to the doctor, if i couldn't feel my nads, I doubt I'd be pro-active about it, I'd wait until I felt something was wrong.

I know people getting sponsorship for Cancer Research too that weren't planning to until they watched Jade's story on Living. All credit to her and them for that.

I'm positive a lot of women in their twenties don't give a moments thought to getting a screening....heck the government won't fund screenings if you're under 25.

I know there's a debate over the validity of a test up to that point, but I imagine a lot more 25's and over have put in for one now.

If i felt a bump in my nads I'd go to the doctor, if i couldn't feel my nads, I doubt I'd be pro-active about it, I'd wait until I felt something was wrong.

I know people getting sponsorship for Cancer Research too that weren't planning to until they watched Jade's story on Living. All credit to her and them for that.

You have numb nads? :(

Goody has undoubtedly raised awareness but it was unintentional, she deosn't deserve credit for contracting cancer.

Hopefully the HPV vaccine will greatly reduce cervical cancer mortality in the future in any case.