Jade Goody

Kid Dynamite

It's mental man. There's literally 1000s of kids die as a direct result of poverty every day across the world (for example) and there's all this attention about Jade. I know the way the media works, what makes good stories etc. and I know that I and loads of other people bury our heads in the sand about all the tragedy in the world. But it riles the fuck out of me when someone like Jade is made out to be a saint and a heroic figure and this is portrayed as some event which should move us all to tears.

Agreed.

She wasn't the devil she was portrayed to be when she generated 60,000 complaints for Channel 4 either.

That was sweet fa tbf. Hard-faced Jo out of S-Club's comeback went on the backburner as well, didn't it?

And didn't Gordon Brown have a pop at Jade back then btw? :(

Wasn't he actually visiting India at the time? :(

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff about her raising awareness about screening is getting to me - are there really women who don't know about it?

This is going to sound horrible but what the hell - if such ignorance does exist should we be as sympathetic as "normal" if a case is missed throught said ignorance?

It's a bit like crediting Diana with raising awareness about seat belts :(

In a nutshell :(

It's mental man. There's literally 1000s of kids die as a direct result of poverty every day across the world (for example) and there's all this attention about Jade. I know the way the media works, what makes good stories etc. and I know that I and loads of other people bury our heads in the sand about all the tragedy in the world. But it riles the fuck out of me when someone like Jade is made out to be a saint and a heroic figure and this is portrayed as some event which should move us all to tears.

Agreed.

She wasn't the devil she was portrayed to be when she generated 60,000 complaints for Channel 4 either.

That was sweet fa tbf. Hard-faced Jo out of S-Club's comeback went on the backburner as well, didn't it?

And didn't Gordon Brown have a pop at Jade back then btw? :(

Wasn't he actually visiting India at the time? :(

Rings a bell now you come to mention it.

The country is a joke to be honest, how many weeks now has she been front page news and several pages inside as well in more than one paper. Its a complete non story to anyone with an IQ of more than 10, its sad for her and her kids she died young of cancer, but people up and down the country suffer that. There's actual important things happening in the world apparently, not that you can tell these days!

Also as Alex pointed out the papers did what they always do, hammer somebody completely until they're dead/dying and then do a complete turnaround and forget everything they previously wrote.

And anybody getting upset and travelling to leave flowers etc. at the house of a complete stranger you've had nothing to do with at all in life other than read about them want to have a word with themselves.

As for raising awareness, directly or indirectly (mostly the latter) at least she and the media will have done that which is never a bad thing.

But totally different to Prattchett who on finding out he had alzheimers donated a million quid and has since worked continually with organisations dealign with it, or Fox who has campaigned long and hard against the religious idiots in the USA who fight against stem cell research being allowed. Also both of them are famous for a talent/actually contributing something to society, well they are if you're a fan of their books/films anyway!

And Gordon Brown is nothing but a popularity seeking whore basically!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

And Gordon Brown is nothing but a popularity seeking whore basically!

It's all just a little piece of history repeating. :(

And how bad is it that he probably will be more popular because he did it! Don't worry about running the country well for a change, just make some speeches about Jade Goody!

when someone like Jade is made out to be a saint and a heroic figure and this is portrayed as some event which should move us all to tears.

I'm sure Jade, Gawd bless 'er, is delighted with how it all turned out. It's just what she wanted - non-stop attention, canonisation and front page on OK magazine. The dying thing is a bit of drawback given that it will curtail her future appearances but, hey, she's got the coverage that deep down she knew she deserved because, really, she's a special person and that needed to be recognised.

Of course, if a mentally ill person drops their trousers on the bus and says "Hahar look at my boner!" nobody thinks that's worth a twenty page spread in OK magazine and big cheque. When a terminally loud mouthed racist charver indulges in the same sort of self centred attention seeking behaviour that 3 years old generally grow out of, we're all supposed to shed a tear.

Do me a favour :huh:

The FAQ is mind blowing. In tears in WH Smiths :huh:

I do like the wummery that has went into this'un though...

Oh what a kind thing you are doing for those two wonderfull orphans, having lost their mother. May I congratulate you on this most noble attempt at donating towards the cause of love. Since hearing the news I havent been able to contain myself, its like Tristran losing Isolde or the Mullét of Junfan being rent from its resting place. I hope you get a very good price so that the boys get a good share. Thank you, truely, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.xxx

:huh:

"I suppose I should ask why they're sad this time but that might involve being sucked into a conversation about the sad thing and while I don't yet know what that is, I am pretty sure that I don't care."

Professsor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, stressed that not all the women were sad, especially the ones with attention spans longer than a photo caption.

He added: "There are some women who will not need counselling at a time like this. But only some."

Ironic to hear ra-ra students whose daddy's paid their housing costs and bought them a nice mini cooper sport, walking around Waitrose in their Ugg shoes, Starbucks in hand, complaining about Jade's unearned wealth.

The FAQ is mind blowing. In tears in WH Smiths :huh:

I do like the wummery that has went into this'un though...

Oh what a kind thing you are doing for those two wonderfull orphans, having lost their mother. May I congratulate you on this most noble attempt at donating towards the cause of love. Since hearing the news I havent been able to contain myself, its like Tristran losing Isolde or the Mullét of Junfan being rent from its resting place. I hope you get a very good price so that the boys get a good share. Thank you, truely, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.xxx

:angry:

Last time I checked Jeff Brazier was still alive. Is there somethigng we don't know? :huh:

well the advert for this weeks O has just been on, I think they've got the bloke who does the voiceovers for those magazines where you can build a replica ship after 1000 monthly issues to do it

"part one comes with a 1/10th scale model of the tumour that killed jade goody"