Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's ludicrous like. 

Gerrard

Arteta

Martinez

Viera  

were the 4 early favourites. None as exciting as keeping Rafa but they wouldn't have been a disaster. 

We decide to pick from the old school British manager stable. 

Redknapp

Bruce

Pulis

Pardew 

Hughes 

Mclaren 

Allardyce

We've had 3 of the fuckers and they were all shite. Can't believe we are hiring number 4.  They all remind me of that scene in premier passions where Peter Reid gives a half time teamtalk and doesn't mention tactics once. Lots of shouting and swearing and "fucking get into them!". Might have worked in 1995 but we are a quarter of a century past that FFS :lol:

You forgot Moyes & Hughton.

34 minutes ago, Noelie said:

You forgot Moyes & Hughton.

Bit unfair on Hughton. Hes a decent manager and seems a nice bloke. The rest however, have a long list of clubs where they've done fuck all..

At this stage I'd sooner have Pards than Allardyce or Bruce. That's how desperate the situation is.

I always thought Hughton was one of the good guys. He stood up to Ashley about the players bonuses which ultimately lead to him being dismissed 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

It won’t be Pardew. He mugged bitch tits off when he ran off to Palace, Mike Ashley strikes me as a man who doesn’t drop a grudge. 

aye but if you said to me 2 weeks ago we would have offered allardyce the job and were thinking of paying compo for steve bruce i’d have thought you were taking the piss :unsure:

You honestly couldn't make this shit up

Reports that the compensation is set at £5million are understood to be on the hefty side but it is more than the £1million that was originally quoted. Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri wants substantial compensation for the disruption a move to Newcastle will cause at Hillsborough.

United Managing Director Lee Charnley is seemingly trying to drive a hard bargain with the knowledge that anything spent in compensation could potentially come out of a transfer budget handed to the new boss. As of Friday afternoon, the two sides were still locked in talks.

5 hours ago, strawb said:

Do you live in Croydon? Claiming to be London all this time

5 hours ago, strawb said:

Do you live in Croydon? Claiming to be London all this time

Nowhere near - Croydon is miles from Milwall

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

plus the fat man got 2m off palace for pardew didn’t he? doubt mike holds grudges for profit 

Aye, but then he almost had to pay compo for McLaren, who knocked us back and he was stuck with Carver, who almost got us relegated, which led to him having to spend money when McLaren eventually came, and then we were relegated which the fat bitch has been whinging about since through his various mouth pieces. I just don’t see it being Pardew with that history. 

I do love that article says Charnley is “trying to drive a hard bargain” when the fuck will these idiots learn you can’t be aggressive from a position of weakness? There is pretty much 3 weeks until Sheffield start their season, why the fuck would they let Bruce go for anything less than his full compensation? If they’re not going to pay it they need to move on, they don’t have the time to be trying to negotiate with a club. It’s also staggering that they’d even bother, to be frank with this squad and the level of manager Bruce is it’s not like he’d manage that many more points than some no mark like Redfearn. 

• Like 1

Ashley must be a fucking arsehole to do business with, because let’s say new owner stumped up the reported 350m..

As long as they kept us up, they could skim 20m/30m a season easy off the TV money (if image below figs are correct) for a few years and worse case scenario you would be able to flog us again (if you wanted out) to recoup 200-250m..

As long as we were run relatively tight, there would still be a decent wedge left to spend each year (plus any ticket / sponsorship/merch rev).. ashley just doesn’t want to sell, or is a complete wanker to deal with.

29307A37-3AE5-465F-9D13-AF876267A1C5.thumb.jpeg.299f33868bbb3667bb11ee4889645347.jpeg

Edited by zerosum
  • Like 1

From anything I’ve read about him as a businessman he sounds a complete arsehole. It’s suited him well in the retail world where he’s been able to bully suppliers, especially when his low price model pushed Whelan and JJB to a rough spot. The way he’s done business hasn’t transferred well to the football world as the pool of people is fairly small, and it’s hard to strong arm people as they don’t have to sell to him, they can sell to other clubs and it’s not like he can push out that competition. 

Saying all that I may be wrong. He’s basically got exactly what he wants, a club that has generally been in the PL and had access to that revenue and advertising potential while throttling the investment in the actual club. This does seem to be a turning point mind and his treatment of Rafa may have been a massive mid step (obviously it’s one from our/a football standpoint) as this 3 year shit housery towards a massively respected manager has seemingly made others take note and they’ve stepped away from NUFC whereas in the past they may have seen it as a possibly stepping stone despite Ashley being a pain.

Either way I sincerely hope for the blokes downfall. I’m fucking thrilled members of the SD board are turning on him, and JD sports coming in a cleaning up all the suppliers of the premium level sports wear meaning Ashley’s stores are only left with the bottom tier shite which has also seen JD sports revenue far surpass his bampy chain. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Moyes maybe, but that's harsh on Hughton 

Didn't mean it to be harsh on Hughton, mentioned him because he's another out of worker.

3 hours ago, Dougle said:

Hughton?? Give yer shrivelled owld heed a shake man Noelie...

Get a life Dougle, if aa shake me heed it might faal off.:razz:

• Jaysus... 1

Driving a hard bargain on a few million quid :lol: Reminds me of when they weren’t sure if 3 million for Schar was too much or not. It’s like the last 10 years hasn’t happened to them.

It’ll be Bruce like. This is like the Coloccini deal where Ashley got out-cunted by someone and he stumped up in shame.

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Driving a hard bargain on a few million quid :lol: Reminds me of when they weren’t sure if 3 million for Schar was too much or not. It’s like the last 10 years hasn’t happened to them.

It’ll be Bruce like. This is like the Coloccini deal where Ashley got out-cunted by someone and he stumped up in shame.

I don’t see why Wednesday should us any favours. We’ve left them very little time to find a replacement and I assume they were blindsided by our approach. I’d screw every penny out of the fat cunt I could if I was in their shoes, they’re under no obligation to do a deal other than Brucey  sheep head being pissed off and demotivated

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I don’t see why Wednesday should us any favours. We’ve left them very little time to find a replacement and I assume they were blindsided by our approach. I’d screw every penny out of the fat cunt I could if I was in their shoes, they’re under no obligation to do a deal other than Brucey  sheep head being pissed off and demotivated

Oh aye, I hope they shaft him sky high. Even if it does mean we roll into the season with Neil Redfearn.

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Oh aye, I hope they shaft him sky high. Even if it does mean we roll into the season with Neil Redfearn.

wouldn't surprise me in the least if it drags on, Redfearn manages first few games.. has a little winning streak..  then fatty sees a cheap opportunity and gives him the full time job 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United