Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

From Bruce's presser today...

I don’t really want to go into specifics…but there are have been a couple of things that have been written.

“The big one (claim) is – I am going to sit here and be a puppet.

That will not happen and I am in charge of transfers.

“It is just like most football clubs, I will have the final say on transfers.

have read all kinds of nonsense that I won’t.

“I will work hard to make sure I work with the chief scout and the policy is like most other clubs, identify players and making sure they fit in.

“I will have control of who we bring in.

“We want to make a couple of acquisitions at least…

“With the loss of Perez and Rondon it is where we have to immediately take a look.

“Make no mistake, we are active as we speak and hopefully we will get them over the line.

“I couldn’t refuse it (the NUFC job). I regretted it some ten years ago, whenever it was, and kicked myself – why didn’t I do it? So when the opportunity came, I was determined to grasp it and give it a go.

“Make no mistake, I’ve come with my eyes wide open. I understand I’ve got big boots to fill, but I’ve been around the block a long time and to be given the opportunity… I’m delighted.”

Showing no loyalty to Sheffield Wednesday and walking out on them:

A contract is a contract and it also applies when a manager resigns.

“I am disappointed as I thought it was in hand.

“It is the challenge of managing Newcastle United (that was my motivation) that was the overriding factor for me to be as selfish as I was.”

• Jaysus... 1

However, of the 33 managers to have managed 200 or more Premier League games, Bruce's win percentage of 28.1% (110 in 392 games) is the second lowest, ahead only of his former Manchester United team-mate Bryan Robson (26.8%).

Image result for steve bruce cabbage

46 minutes ago, NJS said:

Lying sack of shit (Bruce not Troops). 

aye. from the outset he's prepared to peddle lies for the fucking piece of human scum who employed him.

very reminiscent of pardew in 2010 denying having had meetings with ashley/llambias before hughton was sacked.

12 years of lie after lie after lie.

it needs destroying.

Bob Concur trying to convince us 

I watched them train and he (Steve Bruce) has them up and running. There was a bit of old school running in pre-season. It may prove successful.”

Who is anybody to criticise his style before giving him a chance?

“Steve has been appointed and it’s done and dusted.

“Sadly, Rafa Benitez has gone and he made his choice, whatever you can say about the circumstances it is history now unfortunately.

“Steve has come in and he knows he wasn’t first choice – at the end of the day he is the guy who had the gumption to take on the challenge. It is a massive challenge.

Everybody knows it is a very difficult job and regardless of what people might think, you have to get behind him now.

“I wish him success.

“There’s no magical thing about this, he is the boss, let’s get behind him and support him.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United