Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Wonder what would happen if "top geordie bloke" Steve Bruce got a call from Old Trafford? :cuppa:

We'd all need to check the calendar to see if it was April 1.

52 minutes ago, sammynb said:

We'd all need to check the calendar to see if it was April 1.

Normally I'd agree but where do they go in October when they're 8th and bottom of their Europa League group? There was a clamour for him when OGS was appointed...

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Depends who you ask, some might suggest that the former Sheffield Wednesday, sheffield United, Aston villa, Birmingham and Sunderland manager, who now manages Newcastle might have a loyalty problem.

i reckon you might just be on to something there!

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Wonder what would happen if "top geordie bloke" Steve Bruce got a call from Old Trafford? :cuppa:

When Bruce's star was at his highest and he was a potential 'up-and-coming' new manager there's no question in my mind he would've been hoping to be the right man at the right time depending on when Ferguson called it a day. I think most footballers end up 'supporting' the team they had their best times with rather than their boyhood team* as most pro's would've been playing/training on weekends as teenage lads rather than getting up to no good with their mates going to watch their side when your allegiances are cemented and Bruce is a good examples IMO. Take Bruce, Barton and Supermac. Barton supported Arsenal, Supermac Fulham and Bruce supported us. All three of those mentioned I'd say are much more fond of another club than the ones they grew up supporting as bairns.

*Obviously doesn't count for the likes of Shearer, Gerrard etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

When Bruce's star was at his highest and he was a potential 'up-and-coming' new manager there's no question in my mind he would've been hoping to be the right man at the right time depending on when Ferguson called it a day. I think most footballers end up 'supporting' the team they had their best times with rather than their boyhood team* as most pro's would've been playing/training on weekends as teenage lads rather than getting up to no good with their mates going to watch their side when your allegiances are cemented and Bruce is a good examples IMO. Take Bruce, Barton and Supermac. Barton supported Arsenal, Supermac Fulham and Bruce supported us. All three of those mentioned I'd say are much more fond of another club than the ones they grew up supporting as bairns.

*Obviously doesn't count for the likes of Shearer, Gerrard etc.

Think you’re right. I remember when Gazza still played for us we knew some lads who knew him and they said he hardly ever went to SJP as he was always playing for some team or other on Saturday afternoons. 

* think it’s a fairly well known fact that all Liverpool’s best players from the mid-late 90s were boyhood Everton fans...McManaman, Fowler, Gerrard, Owen...Carragher’s old man kidnapped him from school to take him to the away leg of the cup winners cup semi in 85 v Bayern. The old man is now a season ticket owning kopite, the glory hunting prick :glare: 

• Like 1

I never liked Jack Charlton when he was our manager but I saw a quote from him relatively recently where he said there was only one team apart from England that he got out of his seat for and that was Newcastle. Compare and contrast with his pure manc cunt of a brother. 

I didn't see it live as I was at the match but I've seen the recording of Bruce as a pundit for the 99 final being asked who he wanted to win and replying "United - that's Man United" - two capital crimes in one sentence of four words. 

• Like 2

Sportsmail understands Wednesday's issue is focused on their belief that Newcastle knew there was a clause in Bruce's contract that enabled him to speak to other clubs if a compensation offer of around £3.5million was met.

In Wednesday's view the existence of that clause was a private agreement between Bruce and the club that was reached when he became their manager in February, and they now want the Premier League to investigate whether Newcastle were told how to activate it.

27 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Not only does he look like a cabbage, but it appears he thinks like one too

So Ashley's already been to see Mrs Doubtfire. This is what Rafa said about his new club.

Rafael Benítez has revealed he has already had more meetings in one week with Dalian Yifang than he did during three years at Newcastle United

Steve Bruce confirms meeting with Mike Ashley today & says: “We can’t settle for just staying up. I think I have the tools to take the club forward.”

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Steve Bruce confirms meeting with Mike Ashley today & says: “We can’t settle for just staying up. I think I have the tools to take the club forward.”

What fucking tools are those?? has mike sent him to b&q for a few cheap spanner’s 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:58, NJS said:

I never liked Jack Charlton when he was our manager but I saw a quote from him relatively recently where he said there was only one team apart from England that he got out of his seat for and that was Newcastle. 

Met Jack Charlton twice in his retirement years, once at the North Shields fish quay when he was out for his fish n' chips, and once among the crowd at  St James' Park at a league game. Spoke to him both times and he seemed happy to be recognized and quite happy to pass the time of day with me.

C'mon you wankers, give Steve Bruce a chance! He may not be what we want, he may not have a good track record, he may not be fit to fill Rafa's shoes, but he is all we've got so give him a chance and hope he doesn't make you eat your words.

Not saying love him, not saying welcome him, not saying anything but give him a fucking chance, he stands between us and relegation FFS. Surely you want him to do a good job for the Toon.

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Met Jack Charlton twice in his retirement years, once at the North Shields fish quay when he was out for his fish n' chips, and once among the crowd at  St James' Park at a league game. Spoke to him both times and he seemed happy to be recognized and quite happy to pass the time of day with me.

C'mon you wankers, give Steve Bruce a chance! He may not be what we want, he may not have a good track record, he may not be fit to fill Rafa's shoes, but he is all we've got so give him a chance and hope he doesn't make you eat your words.

Not saying love him, not saying welcome him, not saying anything but give him a fucking chance, he stands between us and relegation FFS. Surely you want him to do a good job for the Toon.

Alternatively, no let’s not give this cabbaged  🥬 face snidey Judas cunt who is happy too suck Ashkey’s balls a chance.  Couldn’t give a fuck if we get relegated. If that’s what it takes to get the fat cunt out. Support the boycott. Tough love is what is required. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United