Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I feel like if you look at just the money, the squad should be stronger on paper. 

I don't know or care really, I doubt the league is any tougher this year than it was last year by any objective measure. Losing Rondon is a self inflicted injury but I suppose that's not Bruce's fault.

What is his fault is that he joined a club that had just gouged out its forward line and replaced it with a guy who scored 7 goals last season.

But looking at just money other clubs team will be stronger too, is the point. So how can that not make the league tougher?

The buck stops with Bruce. Regardless of the way Ashley runs the club, he’s given Bruce replacements, with Carrol, Joelimping, Gayle, Almiron, Maxim, Muto.. he has more choice up front than Rafa ever had (quality argument aside).. and the rest of the team Rafa organised them enough to be a tough unit to crack. If he can’t manage to make us “hard to beat” at the very least with the tools he has available.. then it’s confirmed.. he’s fucking shite.. (which is plainly apparent). 

Edited by zerosum
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

But looking at just money other clubs team will be stronger too, is the point. So how can that not make the league tougher?

I think a lot of teams spend money to stand still. Is our team better than last year? We spent plenty.

If you think Bruce is right and he's got a tougher job on his hands than Rafa then fair enough, guess he's due patience and sympathy then.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think a lot of teams spend money to stand still. Is our team better than last year? We spent plenty.

If you think Bruce is right and he's got a tougher job on his hands than Rafa then fair enough, guess he's due patience and sympathy then.

Spent plenty but sold plenty though. I don't get why you think we should have a better squad for our modest spending but others with similar spends have stood still. I also don't understand why others would need to spend to stand still if the league isn't any tougher.

I think Bruce has a worse squad personally. I think we've replaced departing players poorly. But that doesn't mean Bruce is due patience because he doesn't have any ability or talent and shouldn't be in the job regardless. No sympathy either because he knew what he was signing up for.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

18 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Spent plenty but sold plenty though. I don't get why you think we should have a better squad for our modest spending but others with similar spends have stood still. I also don't understand why others would need to spend to stand still if the league isn't any tougher.

I think Bruce has a worse squad personally. I think we've replaced departing players poorly. But that doesn't mean Bruce is due patience because he doesn't have any ability or talent and shouldn't be in the job regardless. No sympathy either because he knew what he was signing up for.

I don't really understand what you're arguing with me for then because i said the last bit two posts back.

But if you want me to concede that the league is tougher this year so his job is harder than Rafa's, I'm not sure we have the data to determine that. We may well be worse, but I'm not sure the league gets better and better each year.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't really understand what you're arguing with me for then because i said the last bit two posts back.

But if you want me to concede that the league is tougher this year so his job is harder than Rafa's, I'm not sure we have the data to determine that. We may well be worse, but I'm not sure the league gets better and better each year.

Well because you concluded that the squad should be better because we'd spent some money. That should therefore be applied to the other teams in the league that spent some money? 

I object to your line that we've spent so much that it should be easier this year. We've spent a very average net amount

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

What we are witnessing is intense and emotional confirmation bias - the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories. 

How dare the supporters who didn't want Bruce use an abject defeat to newly promoted Norwich to reinforce their view that Steve Bruce is a shite manager.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

The reality is that the objective is to stay up. The aim is never going to be any more ambitious under Mike Ashley. The baffling thing seems to be that the appointment of Bruce doesn't appear to be matching of that aim.

Ashley is a chancer and the Bruce appointment sums it up.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

How dare the supporters who didn't want Bruce use an abject defeat to newly promoted Norwich to reinforce their view that Steve Bruce is a shite manager.

Judging by this the appointment of Bruce was a clever thing. I wonder if any other manager who wasn’t as much of a friend with the journalists covering football in the North East plus Alan Shearer would be able to deflect as much of the criticism for the appointment and treatment of Benitez and the fans.

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

People giving Ashley too much credit. He was chosen because he was prepared to accept a performance based contract and the belief that him having experience in the premiership was going to be of great value.

291B2E2D-C561-43DF-BB17-BB43208C0869.gif

steve brucey....

"Some of the criticism has been relentless but I'll protect the players and keep my dignity"

protects the players by stating they didnt turn up with their boots after two games.

dignity?

the cunt doesnt even know the meaning of the word.

the fucking wobbling fat mess is really going to achieve the seemingly impossible, by the end of september newcastle supporters will look back in fondness on pardew.

pardew will be remembered as amiable, likeable, dignified, humble and hugely competent in his work.

take a bow brucey.

• Haha 3

I heard a pundit say that after only two games Bruce and NUFC are already falling into the tropes of a side that goes down; manager regularly announcing rallying cries, disorganized line up, manager having a go at the players attitude and application.

I knew he was going to be shite but I didn’t think he would be as hopeless as he’s been so far. Putting the fact we lost both games to the side, there was nothing at all in those losses you could point to as a positive that would help turn things around. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United