Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Bruce comes out with this...

If Hull are capable of getting to cup final and maintaining Premier League status then surely a club like this can. 

They also lost 13 of their last 19 games and were relegated the following season.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They also lost 13 of their last 19 games and were relegated the following season.

Aye he's fucking hilarious. He'll miss out winning the cup & just get relegated this season 

Edited by trooper

Bruce is the level of appointment Ashley sees fit in terms of ambition. Not sure why anyone is shocked by this.

I dont have a massive issue with Bruce. He is just an average manager.  Its just the way its going to be until Ashley no longer owns the club.

I think part of the problem with Bruce is that he might -just- be good enough to keep us up. Which means we have yet another year of Ashley at the helm, however long it takes. We need to go down and stay down.

Aside from that, the guy is of course bang average, managed Sunderland, and has been foisted on us in part because he's a geordie and Ashley legitimately thinks we're that fucking tribal that this should matter.

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Bruce is the level of appointment Ashley sees fit in terms of ambition. Not sure why anyone is shocked by this.

I dont have a massive issue with Bruce. He is just an average manager.  Its just the way its going to be until Ashley no longer owns the club.

Is he fuck ‘average’ 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I think part of the problem with Bruce is that he might -just- be good enough to keep us up. Which means we have yet another year of Ashley at the helm, however long it takes. We need to go down and stay down.

Aside from that, the guy is of course bang average, managed Sunderland, and has been foisted on us in part because he's a geordie and Ashley legitimately thinks we're that fucking tribal that this should matter.

Well he has relegated two of the four PL sides he's managed.

He’s a poor manager, especially at this level. 28% win ratio in the PL is dismal, I think I also heard/saw somewhere that his record against the top sides is around a 3% win rate. 

If he does get sacked it makes no difference, we’d just get someone equally as incompetent. That being said, he doesn’t deserve time, or a chance, he’s a bloke who has no right whatsoever to have this job, who has consistently failed in this role and has not done anything of note in the Championship since that would warrant him getting another shot. He also knew full well what this job was, and he surely knew the reaction he was going to receive, I understand him getting annoyed on a personal level and wanting to have a few jabs back but if he’s going to have those jabs he then has to accept he’s not going to get the time he thinks he deserves. 

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

He’s a poor manager, especially at this level. 28% win ratio in the PL is dismal, I think I also heard/saw somewhere that his record against the top sides is around a 3% win rate. 

If he does get sacked it makes no difference, we’d just get someone equally as incompetent. That being said, he doesn’t deserve time, or a chance, he’s a bloke who has no right whatsoever to have this job, who has consistently failed in this role and has not done anything of note in the Championship since that would warrant him getting another shot. He also knew full well what this job was, and he surely knew the reaction he was going to receive, I understand him getting annoyed on a personal level and wanting to have a few jabs back but if he’s going to have those jabs he then has to accept he’s not going to get the time he thinks he deserves. 

It was shown during the Spurs game.  His W/R against 'Top 6' is approx (from memory) is 3.2% or something shite like that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye he can shove his "That should shut a few people up" comment up his arse

56 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

He says he going to give the cups a go.Will ' injuries' allow him to select a strong team? If he does get us to a cup final,tickets will be in short supply

Give over man 

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

FCB: Awight Brucie me ol'd china.  Great win against them lot today, had a few grand on wiv a few of me pals.  Fucking smashed now and on my way for a ruby.
Mrs Doubtfire: Ah canny, is there a spare place gannin like?
FCB: Fark off you mug, tell you what, there's no money for traaaansfers in Jan so I would go easy against them cunts during the week, n'wha am sayin?

What accent was "FCB" written in?

• Haha 1

Steve Bruce asked about all the empty seats:

“I’m sure they’ll be back when we win a few games.

“We have had three difficult games in a week and didn’t lose any of them really, in real terms, so I have got to be pleased with that.

We can never take for granted the support this great club has got.

“All I can do is just hopefully going onwards and upwards with the team and the supporters,

“There has been Tottenham and Arsenal (amongst the opening games), so I have got to be reasonably pleased.

“One point behind Chelsea and one point behind Manchester United or something, is it?

There you go, it hasn’t been such a bad start after all.”

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I mean, it was unlikely he was gonna say "aye, good on them, that Ashley is a right cunt"

i would.

but there again, i would rather look in supermarket skips for food than work for an utter peice of human scum like ashley.

question of principles really.

hometoon brucey has demonstrated time and time again he has none, the fucking disgusting cunt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

i would.

hometoon brucey has demonstrated time and time again he has none, the fucking disgusting cunt.

Rafa worked for him as well man :lol: long after he knew the type of bloke he was 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

I acknowledge that Bruce wouldn't be most people's choice of manager but I'm happy to see if he can make a decent go of it. Performances have been steady so far. As I've said countless times before, Ashley is the one everyone needs to direct their displeasure. Those who seem to be directing it at Bruce are doing exactly what Ashley wanted them to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rafa worked for him as well man :lol: long after he knew the type of bloke he was 

aye, i'll grant you that.

i believe that benitez would've served our cause better by having chucked the towel in at least a year before he did.

perhaps the misconception that he could change aahley's sttitude from within could be considered a flaw?

i would say it was.

that makes no excuses for what bruce has knowingly bought in to though, on the contrary,.as a supposed life long newvastle supporter, it' makes it mindbogglingly worse.

He didn't honour anything at Sheff Weds

Or Hull

Or Palace

Mike Ashley has been an abomination for 12 years but wanting to appear fair minded about him and his latest appointment is the road we should be going down.  That's what I call fuckin silly tbh 

• Like 5

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United