Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

Where are all those people ready to criticise Rafa for his negative tactics? What we have seen so far this season is far worse. 
As for comparing points tallies and squad strengths. How about comparing the first half of this season to the second half of last season which is a better way to judge recent results and performances.

Fair play to Bruce who obviously got the team fighting for him, but I dread to think what happens if luck is running out. In most of the recent games there could have been no complaints in losing.

Anyway, top fishing from UM..,

What are people expecting from our squad? 

Dubravka £4mil

Darlow £3mil

Woodman Free

Willems Loan

Lascelles £3mil

Schar £3mil

Dummett Free

Fernandez £6mil

Clark £6mil

Yedlin £6mil

Manquillo £5mil

Krafth £6mil

Hayden £2mil

S Longstaff Free

Ki Free

M Longstaff Free

Atsu £6mil

Carroll Free

If you ignore the clearly crooked Joelinton deal, we've only paid decent money (£16mil or less) for

Shelvey

Lejeune

Almiron

Richie

ASM

Gayle

We have the most solid defence I can remember in my time following the club. So we play on that, soak up pressure and play on the counter attack with 2 quick wide men and 2 quick wing backs. Not always pretty but it's effective and has us 2 points off 5th. Swap Joelinton for Rondon or Mitrovic and we would be even higher.

No fans were moaning when we did exactly the same under Rafa? 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Who is really moaning though... at the regime yes but at Bruce I think everyone has come around to concluding he's doing alright.

In the end though, Bruce could win the fucking league this year and it still wouldnt resolve any of the underlying issues the club has.

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What are people expecting from our squad? 

Dubravka £4mil

Darlow £3mil

Woodman Free

Willems Loan

Lascelles £3mil

Schar £3mil

Dummett Free

Fernandez £6mil

Clark £6mil

Yedlin £6mil

Manquillo £5mil

Krafth £6mil

Hayden £2mil

S Longstaff Free

Ki Free

M Longstaff Free

Atsu £6mil

Carroll Free

If you ignore the clearly crooked Joelinton deal, we've only paid decent money (£16mil or less) for

Shelvey

Lejeune

Almiron

Richie

ASM

Gayle

We have the most solid defence I can remember in my time following the club. So we play on that, soak up pressure and play on the counter attack with 2 quick wide men and 2 quick wing backs. Not always pretty but it's effective and has us 2 points off 5th. Swap Joelinton for Rondon or Mitrovic and we would be even higher.

Our forward line to our score last seasons, iirc.

Better on paper than last season iirc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Who is really moaning though... at the regime yes but at Bruce I think everyone has come around to concluding he's doing alright.

In the end though, Bruce could win the fucking league this year and it still wouldnt resolve any of the underlying issues the club has.

Bruce is a cock, no amount of victories will change that. Factor in that most don't batter an eyelid whether we win or lose anymore then he's going to be waiting a while for any kind of recognition from most. J69 obv still cares like, whevener theres a free ticket going.

• Like 2

you see bruce could have all the planets align for him like pardew and fluke a 5th place finish and he'd still be a cunt.

he's more than happy to go along with desperate and nauseating shite like this....

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/get-a-free-half-season-ticket/

with his little mate lee, but there'll not be a peep out the twat with regard to buying a centre forward who has a rough idea on which part of the pitch the goal is, unlike the £40m (cough) pile of shite he was lumbered with.

nor will we ever, ever hear a word from compliant stevie about investement in the training ground/academy so as it doesn't resemble something out the dark ages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It wasn't exactly the same though, was it.

I feel like we’re riding our luck a bit. Results are going our way though, which is obviously the main thing. If you look at the table we’re probably only 4 wins off staying up, given we’ll draw a few and we’re not even half way through the season. Just about everyone would’ve taken that. It’s still very early days for Bruce and it remains to be seen if he can turn things around when we have the inevitable poor runs of form. It’s all a bit fucking meh so long as the owner is still here anyway. Interesting to see the club having to resort to giving tickets away, such is the general air of apathy 

• Like 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

We played defensive, counter attack football with an actual targetman, and a number 10 who harrassed their back line all game. We played further up the pitch because of that and so Rondon and Perez weren't as isolated as Joelinton is. We played with centre backs who would spray the ball about confidently but who were just as comfortable keeping the ball when possible. 

Now, we're humping balls up to nobody, or to Carroll when he's on the pitch. Joelinton is entirely on his own, Almiron and Saint Maximin need to beat two or three men before they get close to the opposition box and our defence is our biggest attacking threat. Also, I'd say that Benitez' defensive displays owed more to organisation and design, than to passion and individual ability.

• Like 4

You're talking shite.

Yes, at times, we clear the ball to a big man up top to ease pressure at the back. At other times the full backs or Fernandez bring the ball out of defence, Shelvey is as involved in games as he's ever been, ASM and Almiron see plenty of the ball too.

Suggesting we have 9 men in defence and then hoof it upfield all game is bollocks. Its not Bruce's fault that Joelinton can't finish his Dinner, resulting in our defenders having more goals than him.

And it's also not a bad thing that we are creating goals all over the pitch. Willems, Shelvey, ASM, Clark, Lascelles, Fernandez all chipping in. If anything our set pieces have improved over Rafa's time at the club 

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We played defensive, counter attack football with an actual targetman, and a number 10 who harrassed their back line all game. We played further up the pitch because of that and so Rondon and Perez weren't as isolated as Joelinton is. We played with centre backs who would spray the ball about confidently but who were just as comfortable keeping the ball when possible. 

Now, we're humping balls up to nobody, or to Carroll when he's on the pitch. Joelinton is entirely on his own, Almiron and Saint Maximin need to beat two or three men before they get close to the opposition box and our defence is our biggest attacking threat. Also, I'd say that Benitez' defensive displays owed more to organisation and design, than to passion and individual ability.

Spot on

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You're talking shite.

Yes, at times, we clear the ball to a big man up top to ease pressure at the back. At other times the full backs or Fernandez bring the ball out of defence, Shelvey is as involved in games as he's ever been, ASM and Almiron see plenty of the ball too.

Suggesting we have 9 men in defence and then hoof it upfield all game is bollocks. Its not Bruce's fault that Joelinton can't finish his Dinner, resulting in our defenders having more goals than him.

And it's also not a bad thing that we are creating goals all over the pitch. Willems, Shelvey, ASM, Clark, Lascelles, Fernandez all chipping in. If anything our set pieces have improved over Rafa's time at the club 

I'm not.

Thing is, if Joelinton isn't a targetman (he isn't) why the fuck is Bruce playing him like he is? Why aren't we playing a 5 at the back system that doesn't isolate Joelinton? Given he's our £40m striker, why aren't we playing a system that gets more out of him?

It's not a bad thing to have goal scorers from all positions, of course iti sn't. But we don't .There's a significant lack of goals from the forward positions. The ones who's fucking job it is.

19 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I was indeed. 

It was fucking woeful to watch. That game v Man City where we threw everyone behind the ball the most gruesome and cowardly performance in my 4 decades watching at SJP. 

We lost 6-0 at home to Liverpool under Pardew, I reckon that was worse.

We gave the worst team to ever grace the Premier League 4 of their 9pt haul for the season.

Towards the end of last season we were quite enjoyable to watch, even for the neutral, I thought. 

Must admit I took a perverse pleasure from watching us deny much better opposition by being well drilled. But, this isn't that. This is a good 'keeper, good fortune and good individuals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It was fucking woeful to watch. That game v Man City where we threw everyone behind the ball the most gruesome and cowardly performance in my 4 decades watching at SJP. 

Hmm? Were you in the army, as well? :scratchchin:

• Haha 3

To complain about our approach to games against City is nonsense, since we came up we've got a record against them most teams of our stature would envy, either cause we actually get results or simply don't get battered. 

Bournemouth haven't taken a point off them, scored 4 conceded 12.

Palace have the same points total against them but conceded 3 more and scored 3 less. 

Youre a lunatic if your takeaway from those games is "ugh the football wasn't very good though"

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United