Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

On 12/31/2019 at 12:30, ewerk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50822875

Basically we’re lucky to have scored nearly as many goals as we have, the opposition should have scored much more and Dubravka has had a good season.

All hail the mighty Bruce!

We should be rock bottom on 15pts, were it not for huge slices of luck up front and at the back.

image.png

image.png

Edited by The Fish

Bruce on Lookman:

I’ve been linked with 38 players that Lee, our media man, has runned past me. He’s another. He’s a good player. I like him. Who wouldn’t do? It’s a little bit far off at the moment.

"Lee our media man" "runned" :D

• Haha 1

After todays game 

Steve Bruce:

“I thought we looked very, very dangerous and scored a great goal.

“Unfortunately…and I never really try to make injuries a thing, as they’re part and parcel of the game…to lose two and maybe lost three as Joelinton is nowhere near fit but managed to carry on.

“When you take a look at the problems we have had.

I have never experienced in the last 40 years the problems we have had.

“I haven’t known anything like it.

“I thought it was going to be a repeat of Leicester where we lost four players in 12 minutes.

“Joelinton should have come off.

“He played at half pace in the second-half but had courage to carry on.

“We are down to the bare bones.

“So look, we will have an in-depth look at it and now we have got 10 or 12 injuries.

When you look at all the problems we will take a point here and the resilience was there to be seen.

“We lacked a bit of quality but their effort and endeavour to get a point was excellent and I’m delighted that we got one.

“Dubravka has made two real top, top saves.

“He’s done that a few times and we’re blessed to have a very, very good goalkeeper so we hope that continues.

“Almiron is a top, top player. He trains every day and he’s tough and resilient.

“I’m delighted and he deserves everything that’s coming his way. He had that little bit of quality today.

“We have not changed any of the medical department from last season.

“Whether it (injuries) is just bad luck or we have to go a little deeper…we need to find out.

“I thought it was going to be a replay of the Leicester game with four going off and Joelinton played on through an (groin) injury.

Both Gayle and Dummett were hamstring injuries.

“Dummett is the other leg (than his previous injury).

“Joelinton had a groin.

“We’ll see how we are (with the injury situation and players returning] tomorrow.”

On Dwight Gayle’s future:

“I waited for him for two and a half months because he was injured, then the team was doing OK so he struggled to get in.

“I’ve started him twice in the last four/five games and he was excellent today before his injury so he’s not going anywhere.”

38 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t know why people are worrying about injuries, our state of the art facilities will sort those minor problems out.

“Dwight, climb into that wheelie bin, I’ll see if there’s any ice cubes in the freezer”

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fuck off man. :lol:

We aren't winning the league anytime soon so if we don't try in the cups we may as well pack it all in 

We are very very unlikely to win a cup with this squad. We would need a few more seasons in the Premier League to be in the position to. A bit better at not wasting £40mil wouldn't go amiss either.

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fuck off man. :lol:

We aren't winning the league anytime soon so if we don't try in the cups we may as well pack it all in 

That makes your stance on fan apathy a bit odd when that’s been our approach under this owner for ages 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

That makes your stance on fan apathy a bit odd when that’s been our approach under this owner for ages 

You're conflating my opinion with someone else's. I've always advocated for people to stay away/be apathetic if they want. What I don't agree with is those same fans calling the people that do attend matches or enjoy it when we win. 

From todays presser

Steve Bruce:

“Dummett and Gayle will have scans today so they’ll not be involved tomorrow.

“Saint-Maximin has trained for the last two days but tomorrow might be a bit early.

“The same goes for Shelvey.

It [Rochdale replay] is an opportunity for Joelinton.

“I am hoping he is going to declare himself fit this morning and hopefully get off the mark and up and running…maybe this is the ideal game for him.

“For too many years we haven’t had any cup run at all.

It doesn’t do any harm.

“We have got two League One teams to be in the Fifth Round, so let’s go for it.

“I’ve said it since I walked through the door, we will play as strong as we possibly can.

“We have got a wonderful chance.

They [Rochdale] made it difficult for us in the second-half but for me the game should have been put to bed in the first-half.

“If Hull can get to a cup final, why can’t Newcastle?

“That has got to be my mantra until I leave.”

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United