Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

24 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Rafa bought some shit mind. 

Rafa was also given what? About 6.50 compared to the ridiculous amount of money the club has spent since they ushered him to the door.

Being sensible, you can only buy what you can with the budget you are given.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every manager going buys some shit. There’s a lot less risk involved when you’re given the funds to buy tried and tested rather than having to take a punt on young and unproven players though. Benitez managed to improve most of the players who played under him though. Look at the money we got for Perez for example. Not just him though, Lascelles was being touted for silly money. He’s probably worth about 20% of what he was when Bruce inherited him. It says a lot about Bruce that  he can’t even drill his defence well. That said, I reckon we’ll be ok again when you look at some of the sides in the division. He epitomises the Ashley era though, short-term, no real plan, no obvious playing style, just about make do and get another season’s worth of tv money. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Alex said:That said, I reckon we’ll be ok again when you look at some of the sides in the division. He epitomises the Ashley era though, short-term, no real plan, no obvious playing style, just about make do and get another season’s worth of tv money. 

I'm not so sure. Fulham and West Brom look poor, but beyond that we are hoping that Burnley or Sheffield United (who both have better managers than us) have stinkers of a season. If ASM gets injured I wouldn't bet against us finishing rock bottom 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Joselu for 5 million v 40 million on Joelinton..... I hate to start the day with a moan mate but you’re a fuckin idiot :lol:

Joelinton is the worst transfer the club as ever made - and that’s saying something. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm not so sure. Fulham and West Brom look poor, but beyond that we are hoping that Burnley or Sheffield United (who both have better managers than us) have stinkers of a season. If ASM gets injured I wouldn't bet against us finishing rock bottom 

Our decent start (points-wise at least), might be enough to make the difference. We’ve been statistically awful for the whole of Bruce’s tenure though and you’d think the apparent luck would even itself out sooner or later. I wouldn’t put a lot of money on it either way 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Our decent start (points-wise at least), might be enough to make the difference. We’ve been statistically awful for the whole of Bruce’s tenure though and you’d think the apparent luck would even itself out sooner or later. I wouldn’t put a lot of money on it either way 

I think we'll be fine simply because the bottom three haven't got a hope.

Bruce is tactically inept, morally bankrupt, a cretin, and basically not fit for the role. with the team working properly we could get lower mid table (11th to 14th). with Bruce in charge we'll probably get relegated. even with the bottom 3 being absolute rubbish, he's absolutely capable of dragging us down to the championship.

with the players at his disposal, we should be comfortably in mid-table. 

he's got to stop pissing about with joelinton in the team and hendrick on the wing when there are a couple of high quality alternatives on the bench.

it's hard to fathom what almiron has done to piss him off so much. he was our best player last season after ASM

Edited by Dr Gloom

If the stadium wasn't empty the atmosphere would be fucking toxic, doubt even that would get him out the door though. Bruce's job is safe as long as we're not looking likely to go down. 

Would love a journalist to really pull him up on the bullshit excuses we're hearing after every poor performance. The're simply no reason to play as badly as we are. We've got the players, arguably the best squad we've had since relegation. He inherited a good defensive team, he's got good attacking players in Wilson, ASM, Almiron, Fraser and yes, even Joelinton. I might be missing something, but it seems pretty straightforward to me. 4 at the back with Hayden ahead of him, no Shelvey, 5 from the other options. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

with the players at his disposal, we should be comfortably in mid-table. 

he's got to stop pissibng about with joelinton in the team and hendrick on the wing when there are a couple of high quality alternatives on the bench.

it's hard to fathom what almiron has done to piss him off so much. he was our best player last season after ASM

Joelinton had his best game as a number 10. Either play him there, or bench him. Don't stick him on the wing where he's entirely ineffectual.

Just now, The Fish said:

Joelinton had his best game as a number 10. Either play him there, or bench him. Don't stick him on the wing where he's entirely ineffectual.

HE'S FUCKING GASH MAN

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He inherited a good defensive team,

I said when he was appointed that we'd have a period where defensively the team could play from memory but over time we'd look more leaky and we're definitely going to see that happening this season.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I said when he was appointed that we'd have a period where defensively the team could play from memory but over time we'd look more leaky and we're definitely going to see that happening this season.

It's the passivity that gets me. Under Benitez we let the opposition play as much as they wanted in their half but as soon as they got within about 35yds of the box we were on them as a unit. Now, if there is pressure it's half-hearted headless chicken shit. For Rashford's goal, Shelvey just watched the play pass him by, didn't even jog after it.

Said elsewhere but fundamentally there's 3 ways to play; defend so they don't score, keep the ball so they can't score, or score more than them. We can't defend, we sure as shit can't control a game and we're not set up toa ttack, so what the fuck are we supposed to be doing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canofbeans said:

Bruce is tactically inept, morally bankrupt, a cretin, and basically not fit for the role. with the team working properly we could get lower mid table (11th to 14th). with Bruce in charge we'll probably get relegated. even with the bottom 3 being absolute rubbish, he's absolutely capable of dragging us down to the championship.

I honestly think Ashley had the notion that getting Bruce in and giving him a bit of money would see a better return than Benitez in terms of points and league position. Just to prove some weird point because the fans loved Rafa and he wouldn’t just meekly do what he was told. It backfired somewhat with the signing of Joelinton. I can’t imagine another team in the division going for Bruce (or paying that money for Joelinton). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Same and same for the injury list which will gradually deteriorate from him walking through the door.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I honestly think Ashley had the notion that getting Bruce in and giving him a bit of money would see a better return than Benitez in terms of points and league position. Just to prove some weird point because the fans loved Rafa and he wouldn’t just meekly do what he was told. It backfired somewhat with the signing of Joelinton. I can’t imagine another team in the division going for Bruce (or paying that money for Joelinton). 

With Benitez there was a given that if he is allowed to run things he would improve a team tactically/ physically,/ mentally. if he'd have been given £40m, or whatever last seasons budget was, we would have had a better team I have no doubt, than we currently do, or at the very least a team that has a direction rather than give it to St max...

honestly speaking I can't believe Bruce has got so many Jobs, he's a shambles.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

An oddity of Ashley's reign is that he'll bin off a competent manager that the fans support, but who he won't, for an incompetent manager that the fans don't support but he will. 

McClaren was shit, but was backed with signings like Wijnaldum, Mbemba, Mitrovic. Bruce gets ASM, Wilson, Joelinton. Give Benitez control and he'll have got us comfortably midtable every season, maybe once the squad was deeper he'd have been a bit more interested in the cups as well. He wouldn't have signed Joelinton, and while he would likely not have signed Saint Maximin the team, as a whole, would be better off.

We must have the worst manager in the league, I doubt any would have Bruce as first choice, not even Fulham and West Brom and i'm not convinced we'd be much worse off (performance-wise) with Parker or Bilic... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Because he had HIS best game as a number 10 doesn’t necessarily mean he’s worthy of a place in that position.Why do think he should be on the bench at worst.He shouldn’t be in the first team squad based on his 43 League appearances.I don’t know anyone who can see anything in his game.He’s better than Fumaca but worse than every other player I’ve seen in a black and white.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United