Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Best bit was he fucked off after taking the huff because the decision to delete his post wasn’t explained to him :lol: 

Just had a look at the post in question- fucking hell! 
Fruity. 

• Haha 2

It was a post which was a misguided attempt at humour, I think, that used terms related to George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter campaign, Noelie probably thought there was nowt wrong with it, but I think it was more a generational thing than him being racist. 

He had a bit flounce though. :lol:

From one outsider who's got no right hovering around here to another: even I could tell you Joelinton isn't the problem. Hard to put the blame solely on Bruce either. . 

Proper dick move blaming the players at a club where the hierarchy signed off on letting Rafa walk in favour of bringing in Bruce. 

2 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

From one outsider who's got no right hovering around here to another: even I could tell you Joelinton isn't the problem. Hard to put the blame solely on Bruce either. . 

Proper dick move blaming the players at a club where the hierarchy signed off on letting Rafa walk in favour of bringing in Bruce. 

Joelinton on the field is a problem.Brucey picking him is a problem.Brucey took the job on knowing what the problems would be,including  accepting that Joelinton must be an ever present,unless injured. 

Fulwell End 27-3-70.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

why is it over the top? he's been awful ever since he joined. at least with perez, for all his flouncing around, and lack of pace, you could see he had a couple of redeeming features - a nice touch and he could finish

Perez had his good games and quite a few good moments In league games..Joe from Linton has never had a good game in the Premier League.£40m for someone who has been shit  in just about every one of his 43 Premier League games is astonishing yet still finds himself either a starter or a sub.

29 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Joelinton on the field is a problem.Brucey picking him is a problem.Brucey took the job on knowing what the problems would be,including  accepting that Joelinton must be an ever present,unless injured. 

Fulwell End 27-3-70.

Sounds like an admission that Bruce isn't picking him. 

16 hours ago, Alex said:

IIt backfired somewhat with the signing of Joelinton. I can’t imagine another team in the division going for Bruce (or paying that money for Joelinton). 

I doubt that even Bruce would have bought Joelinton if he had had the choice - that's how bad Joelinton is and what a complete waste of money he is.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Rafa chose to leave. He got a better paid job in a shit league. 

The first part of that statement isn't actually correct though, is it?

Wasn't he offered a new contract at a much reduced rate which he refused and then they chose not to negotiate and withdrew all offers?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Rafa chose to leave. He got a better paid job in a shit league. 

so don't you think it had anything at all to do with benitez having some self respect?

you know...

wanting to make his own decisions on which players were bought and sold to suit a system, fielding the players he wanted to, showing a modicum of ambition, upgrading the training facilities beyond those from the dark ages, not having it regarded as a negative that he engaged with the support, standing up to two absolute fucking know nowts with the footballing brains of a dead slug

.... those sort of things?

regardless of whether or not you're happy with bruce, you'd better get used to his ilk matey boy, because the fat lad won't be employing anybody like benitez again.

• Like 7

He came, did a good job, wasn’t backed and subsequently left at the end of his contract. What an incredible turn of events.  And in any case, UM’s preferred option is one of the most mercenary managers out there. Has he ever seen out a contract? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm not the biggest fan of hayden or shelvey tbh,  but you need someone who can win the ball back and someone who can pass it forwards. and until they're both upgraded, i dunno if we have two players who can do those jobs better in our squad. 

i wouldn't mind giving the longstaffs another go, or seeing if hendrick looks any good in the middle, because he's clearly a waste of a shirt out wide. 

think either of the Longstaffs offers more defensively, and mobility wise than Shelvey, although less creatively (if you call spanking the ball into spaces where sometimes our runners go as creativity). Hayden's not bad but needs help basically. shelvey would work best as a low rent Pirlo, but would need 2 covering midfielders to do his leg work. that doesn't really fit with the system they have and also would mean one less up the pitch.  

anyway Bruce probably still doesn't know our best eleven.

• Like 2

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United