Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

I read somewhere that Fulham are currently on course to stay up with 17 points. The lack of ability in Sheffield United’s squad is finally being exposed, West Brom and Fulham are complete failures and Burnley shot themselves in the foot by refusing to freshen up the squad. Out of the 4, I’d say Burnley and Dyche are probably the most likely to find some form and stay up but if he walks, they could easily drop. Obviously losing Jeff Hendrick was a major blow.

• Haha 5

I mean I understand these pundits are his mates, but when the football is this fucking bad and we’re this far down on every single attacking (and quite a lot of defensive) metric, surely they’ll have to start holding their hands up soon and saying it’s not good enough? As Tom said there’s just nothing at all about this side, I have quite regularly watched them pass it back and forth between Central Mid and Central defense until someone inevitably wildly hoofs it up field to no one, or one of their simple 5 to 8 yard passes is misplaced and rolls out for a throw in, then there’s another 5 - 10 minute spell where we barely touch the ball. 

I also don’t understand the pundits constantly bringing up Benitez, the bloke left 18 month ago, we have this daft cunt now and however boring Rafas football was (imo it wasn’t particularly boring but it wasn’t thrilling so I see it both ways) this brand of football is definitely worse to watch. Again though I’m not arsed about Benitez now, he’s gone and Bruce is here, he’s the one doing the terrible job, of their entire point is that we gave Benitez more of a chance then yeah we probably did, Benitez is a manager that has won league and CL titles, Bruce has fucking nowt as a manager, Benitez had a plan in games, I really can’t see Bruce’s plan each week at all, I also fucking hate this assertion that football fans should give him a chance, why? I never wanted him near the club, I knew he is as shit manager, he’s turned out to be a shite manager, so I’m really not sure why I was supposed to give him a chance? I guess so that when he inevitably failed Ashley would be comfortable giving a contract to the next complete dinosaur of a manager knowing we’ll all give him a chance? And in all honesty my (and a lot of others) indifference gave him a chance, he certainly hasn’t done anything with it has he :lol:. To top it all off the bloke lays into the fan base on a weekly basis at this point, he’s just a wanker. 

• Like 4

I've known the man was a cunt since we beat Man Utd 5-0 and he claimed Peacock's goal shouldn't have been allowed despite the camera angle clearly showing it go over the line.  

I've known he's a shite manager ever since he started managing.

Why the fuck would I give him a chance?  His constant bleating on about work in progress and keyboard warriors as well as what the stats tell me and my eyes can see make me feel very comfortable that I never gave him a chance in the first place.  I'm just annoyed that there were suckers out there who did, particularly Ashley.

• Like 6

I'm not sure there's many managers still going that I'd want here less than him now.  I mean I know it's certainly not impossible that he would bring some clown back from years out of the game given he did that with Kinnear but I can't actually see him doing it again.  So the only person I can think of that would annoy me close to the level of Bruce would probably be Tim Sherwood.

The problem is all he actually wants is to get shot of us now and as long as we're in the premier league Bruce will suit his purposes.  Especially as it's very unlikely we're going to get any meaningful crowds in this season so he's at no risk of losing ticket sales.

• Like 3

Wilson up front with The Saint and humping the ball 60 yards in their general direction would be a vast improvement.What’s Fat Sam doing these days? His pals in the press are unlikely to turn on Brucey.Possibly when he leaves we might get It wasn’t attractive ........but the fans need to realise the days of Entertainers are long gone’.Jenas always looks like he’s going to slate Brucey but holds back .

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fair point- we’d need someone more persuasive than Penfold to convince him to take a drop in wages and quality of squad :lol:

True. Honestly At least we might be able to defend if Pulis was the manager

Best squad since relegation. Worst football since, I don't know when.

If we stay up (I agree that it's likely we will because of the current bottom 4), Bruce will keep his job for another season. We're only going to get worse and our better players will want out; ASM, Almiron, Dubravka, etc.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Best squad since relegation. Worst football since, I don't know when.

If we stay up (I agree that it's likely we will because of the current bottom 4), Bruce will keep his job for another season. We're only going to get worse and our better players will want out; ASM, Almiron, Dubravka, etc.

Looks like ASM has already gave it up as a bad job. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United