Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

13 hours ago, Dougle said:

One win all season. Against us of course.

I seem to remember it taking a late goal (or two?) to salvage a draw against them at home too

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I seem to remember it taking a late goal (or two?) to salvage a draw against them at home too

Viduka in the last few minutes, if memory serves. Think we were 2-1 down for a while though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

He thought we deserved to win today. Don’t know what Luke Edwards makes out of this but Brucey does make Donald Trump look sane.

There’s a reason for the poor form and (believe it or not) it’s not the manager

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

There’s a reason for the poor form and (believe it or not) it’s not the manager

He was wondering why there was 'patience it seems' on the South Coast concerning Potter at Brighton despite them doing shit but I'm guessing, like me, he has no fucking idea if their fans are happy or not? :lol:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He was wondering why there was 'patience it seems' on the South Coast concerning Potter at Brighton despite them doing shit but I'm guessing, like me, he has no fucking idea if their fans are happy or not? :lol:

Aye, good point. How the fuck would he know? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Aye, good point. How the fuck would he know? 

Obviously, his initial inference was, we're unreasonable and Brighton are just as shit and they're not moaning. Blatantly trolling. 

Steve Bruce:

"We gave the ball away cheaply on both occasions and Leicester punished us.

"The one thing you don't want to do when you are having arguably your best spell after half-time is give the ball away. It's something we have to improve on.

"I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but we have been punished and caught on the counter-attack. It's what we want to do but we keep getting caught the other way."

On Andy Carroll:

"Great finish, yeah. Andy certainly brought us to life. We went a bit more direct to him. He has given me food for thought. It's nice to see him fit and well. We just lacked that bit of quality in the final third.

"I have to think even though we only took one point, it was always going to be tough and thankfully we are getting a few back from the illnesses.

"I can't fault the players' efforts. I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but we have been punished and caught on the counter-attack. It's what we want to do but we keep getting caught the other way.

"You have to stay with it, there's a long, long way to go but if they [the players] keep showing the attitude they have been doing, they will be fine."

On transfers:

"If there are one or two out there in the loan system then we will try. I can't see there being much transfer activity in January if I'm being brutally honest and that will be the same for us probably.

"We need to recover and it gives them another two or three days for those struggling with illness and look forward to the next batch of games that are coming up."

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Troops, mate, no offence but I really couldn't give a fuck what the pudding says. :lol:

I know mate I read it & didnt know wether to post it. He's an utter shithouse 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, trooper said:

Steve Bruce:

"We gave the ball away cheaply on both occasions and Leicester punished us.

"The one thing you don't want to do when you are having arguably your best spell after half-time is give the ball away. It's something we have to improve on.

"I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but we have been punished and caught on the counter-attack. It's what we want to do but we keep getting caught the other way."

On Andy Carroll:

"Great finish, yeah. Andy certainly brought us to life. We went a bit more direct to him. He has given me food for thought. It's nice to see him fit and well. We just lacked that bit of quality in the final third.

"I have to think even though we only took one point, it was always going to be tough and thankfully we are getting a few back from the illnesses.

"I can't fault the players' efforts. I didn't think we deserved to lose the game but we have been punished and caught on the counter-attack. It's what we want to do but we keep getting caught the other way.

"You have to stay with it, there's a long, long way to go but if they [the players] keep showing the attitude they have been doing, they will be fine."

On transfers:

"If there are one or two out there in the loan system then we will try. I can't see there being much transfer activity in January if I'm being brutally honest and that will be the same for us probably.

"We need to recover and it gives them another two or three days for those struggling with illness and look forward to the next batch of games that are coming up."

On Ryder:

”What was that soft lad? Eeee man, ah tell you what, you want to gan oootside? Cos Ah tell you what, if we do my crisp packets won’t be the only thing getting crumpled the night.... aye that’s right, off you pop.... he’s fucking relentless man... No bird I won’t lay off..... I’m not arsed if he’s left in a huff.... Kinnear was spot on about you, spot on.” 

• Haha 3

It'll be interesting to see if there is actually any pressure on him after the Sheffield game.  We look likely to crash out of the cup at the first hurdle and then give the Blades their first win of the season by next Tuesday night.  Should that happen, for any sane person his position would have to finally become untenable.  But Mike Ashley is the man who appointed Bruce despite everyone involved with the club knowing it made no sense at all so it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that he'd be under any pressure let alone get the boot.

Edited by David Kelly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 31/12/2020 at 03:25, Howay said:

:lol: I absolutely fucking hated when Allardyce was NUFC manager. What an absolute monster arsehole the bloke is. just fucking unbearable. Still think it says a lot about the mackems that they love him. 

I'm probably hating Bruce now more than Fat Sham.  I don't know if that partially because I can't get to the games now (or even the pub to get pissed watching them) but we are a totally joyless experience now.  Admittedly we were then too but at that point you could still see the possibility of a way forward.

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’ll be under no pressure at all. 

Out of the cups, relatively safe in the league, not expecting any January transfer activity. 

Ashley’s man doing the job he was brought in to do. 

If we lose to Sheffield we won't be that safe in the league though and we'll be on a hell of a downward trajectory.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

It'll be interesting to see if there is actually any pressure on him after the Sheffield game.  We look likely to crash out of the cup at the first hurdle and then give the Blades their first win of the season by next Tuesday night.  Should that happen, for any sane person his position would have to finally become untenable.  But Mike Ashley is the man who appointed Bruce despite everyone involved with the club knowing it made no sense at all so it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that he'd be under any pressure let alone get the boot.

Good post.It won’t be the defeat that will put Fat Heed under pressure alone.If some of the teams below pick up 3 points then that will give Ashley something to think about.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United