Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

49 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Sherwood,Wise or some other cockney bastard probably.

Fucking hell if it was Sherwood that would be terrible.

15 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He’s not wrong that the responsibility is ultimately Ashley’s but absolving any manager of any wrong doing just because the owner is a cunt seems ridiculous to me.

He's not exactly absolving him by suggesting that anyone working under Ashley is not the root cause of the overall problem.

That said Bruce is a root cause to different problem, so even with the other constraints at the club he has to be held responsible for the football being as terrible as it consistently is since his arrival.

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Fucking hell if it was Sherwood that would be terrible.

It would ,but we currently have ‘one of us’ so maybe ‘one of his ‘.To be honest no one stands out as a replacement.We know he’ll be a yes man like Brucey.Dummitt is our only fullback who can defend.Apart from Almiron,we have no other midfield player with any energy.Wilson,Gayle and Carroll can cause problems.Of course we have BUJ.Take TOT out of it and we have average central defenders.If we don’t get drawn into a relegation fight I’ll be very very surprised.

Under the previous manager people were saying we had the best group of central defenders just about anyone could remember. It speaks volumes that Bruce can’t even coach players in the position he played in 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Under the previous manager people were saying we had the best group of central defenders just about anyone could remember. It speaks volumes that Bruce can’t even coach players in the position he played in 

I think that's what bothers me the most. Here's a manager who we're told will 'sort out the defence', 'make Newcastle tough to beat', and yet he's turned a top half defence into a fucking shambles. Easier to get through than a pack of Space Raiders. He was a top class centre half, wasn't he? How is entirely incapable of organising some fairly decent players into a fairly decent defence? 

It would be like if Shearer couldn't improve the strikers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

It was always a matter of time before the drilled effect of Benitez began to wear off as well as the fear they couldn't hoodwink him whereas you'd imagine the difference stands out a mile between players comparing the two.

• Like 2

As for the forward play, ASM, Wilson and Joelinton weren't here with Rafa and he's having a fucking mare working out what to do offensively and coupled with the defensive side starting to crumble.......

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 10:00, ewerk said:

I said when he was appointed that we'd have a period where defensively the team could play from memory but over time we'd look more leaky and we're definitely going to see that happening this season.

I'm not one to blow my own horn but...

Blow Horn GIFs | Tenor

The Martinez effect. Takes over Everton who had been drilled fairly competently by Moyes, introduces some attacking verve, has a good season as the blend between the two styles takes hold but then loses it as the defensive discipline collapses.

At least that's vaguely my memory of it.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

The Martinez effect. Takes over Everton who had been drilled fairly competently by Moyes, introduces some attacking verve, has a good season as the blend between the two styles takes hold but then loses it as the defensive discipline collapses.

At least that's vaguely my memory of it.

We didn't even get that sweet attacking verve you mention, because we'd let Rondon and Perez go, and replaced them with Joelinton...

• Like 1

Clark is an old fashioned centre half.Our best centre half.He want’s to win headers.Do our other central defenders want to win headers.They jump ,as does BUJ,but do they really go in when they may get hurt? I’ve never accepted that so and so knows more than us/ME because he’s ‘played the game’.It’s bollocks.Us non ex-pro’s know you cannot score many goals playing a 5-4——1 formation ,whoever the opposition. Brucey hasn’t improved the defence,midfield or attack since he arrived.We have a squad with too many players who want to do their own thing.Lewis doesn’t want to get close to his man.Apart from Dummitt,none of our fulbacks want to stop crosses coming in.Shelvey will not put a shift in,that’s obvious.Is Sean Longstaff being told to stay put and not support the front player or deciding himself not to run forward.Is Brucey telling them not to throw the ball into the opposition box.The same with free kicks.Are they being told to play it back if it means keeping the ball,or are the players taking their preferred option.Nobody seems to be saying ‘ get it into the box’.Certainly fat heed isn’t.You don’t need coaching badges to coach the way we play.You don’t need to be an ex-pro to know we don’t have a style of play,unless getting everyone behind the ball is a style.’ Unless you’ve played the game’.Fuck off man!! 

16 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

No good him saying that and then lining up the same way on Monday. Which he will.

Spot on.I’m surprised he didn’t say we missed BUJ who is still hasn’t quite got over coronavirus,meaning he’s back in the team.He has to play Carroll and hump long balls up to him with Wilson close by.I cannot believe I’m suggesting that !!! Wilson must be getting close to being totally pissed of due to the lack of service and support.

Bruce's words of acceptance of criticism of the Sheffield game mean nothing when he's still trying to suggest that it's just the odd game like that and Brentford that are going wrong.  Anyone with eyes can see that we've been utter dogshit for a season and a half.  I could accept the Liverpool performance as being decent if it was alongside other performances where we played with some ambition to be on the front foot and have a go at teams who's playing staff doesn't far exceed our own.  But we've seen us get hammered off Brighton this season, grab a draw against Fulham only because of a pen and a red card and get totally undeserved wins against West Brom and Palace.  These teams aren't the cream of the crop, they're full of many players that we would look at and say aren't any better than what we have (although I assume they all have better central midfielders than the shite we have), they're low on confidence and yet we set out to sit back and give them all the opportunities they want to pass the ball amonst themselves up to the edge of our box and look like they're world beaters.

• Like 4

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United