Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s certainly a cultured place :lol: 

It could have been worse if he’d open his mouth to reveal his plummy southern accent. He stuck out enough as it was with his suit and laptop bag 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Howay said:

What did he make of the place? Hope he saw the local landmarks, like the poundstretcher, poundland, and B&M bargains on their high street. 

Think he was just happy he lived to tell the tale 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howay said:

What did he make of the place? Hope he saw the local landmarks, like the poundstretcher, poundland, and B&M bargains on their high street. 

Be fair. There’s loads of sandwich shops, fruit and veg stalls and Wetherspoons too

• Haha 1

“How’s Graham? Canny aye, ah’ll tell you what he helps with, brings me my jam roly poly with extra fuckin custard after he runs the training sessions and tactics meetings for iz. Other than that it’s fuckin nowt, different set up is all thanks to me lads, like I say he just brings me puddings, ah should call the daft shite Mr Puddin eh” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 06/02/2021 at 18:04, Alex said:

Be fair. There’s loads of sandwich shops, fruit and veg stalls and Wetherspoons too

Don't forget the second hand shops too!

It's amazing that non of this is a joke.  I've had the misfortune of working there quite a bit and their so called city centre really is a shit hole from start to finish.  I'm sure they'd try and point their webbed fingers at parts of Newcastle that are also run down but the main shopping street they have resembles Shields Road in the 80's.

• Like 1

I went there for the first time in ages last year, to walk the coast path from Sunderland to South Shields. It's weird because the north side with the Glass Centre on the river, the marina, Roker beach and all the way along past Seaburn are all quite nice really, but none of that seems to spill over into the town centre at all - as soon as you're south of the Wear and into the centre it's zombie apocalypse territory

Aye unfortunately my ex missus is from over there so I went out with the bairn for a walk along the coast at Roker and they've put a bit of money into that area and it really is quite decent most of the way along to South Shields.  And actually there is some areas just outside the town centre on south side that quite nice too (before you get up to pennywell or pallion obviously), but the town centre itself is a fucking cesspit.

I had to work there for a couple of weeks in 2016, and I can honestly say that was the first time I've ever set foot in the place.  And I've lived in the NE for 40 odd years.

The bus station absolutely honked with piss on a morning (and probably the rest of the day), and that shopping centre looked like it was full of trauma victims who'd just witnessed a massacre.

If you don't live or work there, why would anyone choose to visit that rancid place is beyond me 🤢

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone does visit it and that's part of the their problem.  You hear opposition fans a lot of times saying that they like playing Sunderland away because it's a great night out in Newcastle.  Hardly anyone stays there and goes out and it just makes them all the more parochial to the point when anyone who they don't recognise as one of their own is either made to feel uncomfortable or chased out of town.  If they opened themselves up to the rest of the world a bit more they might find that it benefits them.

The makems who have worked for me over the years have come from Durham,Bishop and the odd one from Anfield Plain and not one of them goes to sunlun unless they’re going to the match,None of their pals,which ever team they support,ever go there to shop or drink,it’s always Newcastle.By the way,in most town’s and villages to the west of the A1 ,football supporters are predominantly black and white they reckon.

12 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The makems who have worked for me over the years have come from Durham,Bishop and the odd one from Anfield Plain and not one of them goes to sunlun unless they’re going to the match,None of their pals,which ever team they support,ever go there to shop or drink,it’s always Newcastle.By the way,in most town’s and villages to the west of the A1 ,football supporters are predominantly black and white they reckon.

I bet their coats were mostly white though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Aye unfortunately my ex missus is from over there so I went out with the bairn for a walk along the coast at Roker and they've put a bit of money into that area and it really is quite decent most of the way along to South Shields.  And actually there is some areas just outside the town centre on south side that quite nice too (before you get up to pennywell or pallion obviously), but the town centre itself is a fucking cesspit.

Aye the promenade at Roker is nice now, and there's a new stack further up too. Love Lily's is lush if your'e a fat bastard like me and like your cakes

17 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye the promenade at Roker is nice now, and there's a new stack further up too. Love Lily's is lush if your'e a fat bastard like me and like your cakes

Aye the bairn said it was nice and we tried to go but they were rammed.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United