Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

The thing is it should be a no brainer to sack Bruce because a decent manager should be able to guarantee safety (assuming a decent manager is available and willing to take the job). However since Ashley doesn’t take

any interest and Charnley is incapable of making a decision, we’ll drift on like a ship with a blind drunk captain and quite possibly get relegated. 

And if that happens we’ll completely deserve it because the team, manager, CEO, owner, coaches and medical staff are shit.

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

On the last point, it says he apologised to players and staff, not to the Cabbage

Also suggestions in the article that the players have already been to Penfold - not sure how that will pan out, but clearly, whatever Edwards' spin, Cabbage has lost the dressing room (and will continue to do so). 

While players may clash physically on the training ground, Managers Head coaches should not be the instigators of physical confrontations, especially not these days.  Old school reaction from a dinosaur.

• Like 2

Bruce has to be sacked now, he’s continually had digs at the players by blaming them for losses and I think it eroded at his authority but choosing to do this to Ritchie was a complete error (or master stroke if you think he’s just angling for a pay out at this point). Our form should have got him the sack but now losing the dressing room it’s surely over. Edwards is an absolute fuckwit btw, hopefully Newcastle fans remember this and it ends the losers career as a NE football journalist. Honestly don’t get what he’s getting out of kissing up to Bruce, not had a single interesting story and has lost whatever credibility he had. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

He probably got the story from either Henry Mauriss or a nice family member.

I think it says a lot that the first thing Edwards has to state is that it wasn’t Bruce who told him. Even if he is right then it doesn’t change the fact that he got the information from someone close to Bruce before Darlow was told.

It does also say a lot about Edward’s journalistic that he was complicit in throwing Darlow under the bus by not checking if Darlow was aware of getting dropped before publishing his “scoop”.

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

On the last point, it says he apologised to players and staff, not to the Cabbage

Also suggestions in the article that the players have already been to Penfold - not sure how that will pan out, but clearly, whatever Edwards' spin, Cabbage has lost the dressing room (and will continue to do so). 

While players may clash physically on the training ground, Managers Head coaches should not be the instigators of physical confrontations, especially not these days.  Old school reaction from a dinosaur.

Yeah, two players butting heads over a bad tackle, lack of effort,  or a previous game is one thing. The experienced, "good bloke", manager storming downstairs to shove a player who called him a mean name is a whole other problem. 

Surely if Bruce does get the boot it'll be Jones? Can't see a queue of managers wanting to take over with so few games left and without 3 key players.

• Like 1

Luke Edward's "understands" the majority of players remain loyal to Bruce :lol:

He pretty much disputes every single point of the Mail story.  He's so far up his arse it's unreal 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Luke Edward's "understands" the majority of players remain loyal to Bruce :lol:

He pretty much disputes every single point of the Mail story.  He's so far up his arse it's unreal 

A stone cold implacable defence of Steve Bruce :lol:

2 wins in 17....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

A stone cold implacable defence of Steve Bruce :lol:

2 wins in 17....

:lol: Insanity. He’s also acting like this is the first time Bruce has tried to throw players under the bus. While perhaps this is the first time he’s called individuals out, he basically labeled the team as shit back in November and gave a “what am I supposed to do with this lot” type of response to questions. Sorry like, I find it extremely hard to believe the players wouldn’t be happy if this useless tosser got sacked. 

• Haha 2

I reckon quite a few players will be unhappy about their treatment, st leadt they should be. While Benitez got criticised for complaining about the quality of players Bruce hasn’t been any different. Everytime we lose it is down to individual mistakes not the team not doing enough to actually win games. Players have been repeatedly made scapegoats and getting dropped, especially Almiron. The treatment if the Longstaff’s is strange as well, especially with Matty getting ignored for ages, getting recalled, performing well, then getting ignored again.

Apart of Shelvey I can’t think of a player who can rightfully be happy.

With Benitez, wasn't it broad "this is a tough league and these are mostly players from the Championship", rather than "That fucking Yedlin is a bag of bollocks"?

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

With Benitez, wasn't it broad "this is a tough league and these are mostly players from the Championship", rather than "That fucking Yedlin is a bag of bollocks"?

He also said that you only get what you pay for. That’s not even a euphemism for saying that someone is shit tbh.

Aye, I think there’s no doubt Benitez was harsh but I think the difference is his criticism was coming from an angle of drive for improvement and kicking the club on, rather than throwing the team under the bus like Bruce is doing.

I’ve little doubt Rafa had team members that disliked him, Shelvey being one, I also know that Ritchie used to basically bray down Rafas office door after every match as Rafa subbed him off nearly every game he played, but Rafa could always seem to manage that whereas Bruce seems to be squaring up to people. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

He also said that you only get what you pay for. That’s not even a euphemism for saying that someone is shit tbh.

"I asked for a table and they brought me a lampshade" was a great Rafa quote (from his time at Valencia I think?). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, I think there’s no doubt Benitez was harsh but I think the difference is his criticism was coming from an angle of drive for improvement and kicking the club on, rather than throwing the team under the bus like Bruce is doing.

I’ve little doubt Rafa had team members that disliked him, Shelvey being one, I also know that Ritchie used to basically bray down Rafas office door after every match as Rafa subbed him off nearly every game he played, but Rafa could always seem to manage that whereas Bruce seems to be squaring up to people. 

Is it not like kids at school loving the push-over teacher, because they got away with murder. But when they're older it was the stricter teachers that they respected the most?

• Like 1

The only reason why I mentioned Benitez is because it is quite funny that certain people kept saying that it is much better to have a nice bloke in charge who is good at man management than the whinging Spaniard. At least Benitez was honest with his criticism to drive the club forward while Bruce is just trying to protect himself.

• Like 2

Benitez is in no way perfect. He's definitely a PR craftsman to the extent that it can be purely self serving at times, but the crucial thing is that he's a great fucking coach, and for the vast majority of the time he uses PR so the team, and obviously be extension him, are successful. In other words Benitez is a very smart, if perhaps a little too calculating at times, man, and Bruce is a fucking cabbage headed muppet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Leaks to Luke Edwards = ok

Leaks to Craig Hope = bad

Or players like Lascelles will make it clear that there's no point in cutting our nose off to spite our face in the middle of a relegation fight by downing tools to get rid of the cabbage. I'd say it must be nice to live in such a binary world as Edwards, but he likely thinks himself, falsely, quite the Machiavellian.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Probably easier to swallow being subbed when it’s lead to a change that sees your team get a result tbf. And then Rafa would often start Ritchie in important matches and he’s play well so that balanced it out in a good example of, gosh, man management that led to everyone reaping the benefits. I know that was your point but still.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I think it says a lot that the first thing Edwards has to state is that it wasn’t Bruce who told him. 

If not Bruce, then one of the other Steves presumably!

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United