Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

$6.5 million to acquire Bruce? It was idiotic to offer him the job, to pay a massive amount of money to make it happen was sheer lunacy. If it was another club I’d be laughing till I soiled my pants.

12 minutes ago, Kitman said:

$6.5 million to acquire Bruce? It was idiotic to offer him the job, to pay a massive amount of money to make it happen was sheer lunacy. If it was another club I’d be laughing till I soiled my pants.

To be fair we're that much a joke you can't help but laugh at the shameless way we go about our business. 

• Like 2

$6.5 million. Lol I cant believe it, even for them this is staggering incompetence! It’s like paying a massive premium for a car that you know has been written off in a motorway pile up. Fucking hell what a joke :lol: 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

And doing that to then make Bruce the worst paid manager in the top flight. 

He's on a decent wedge apparently 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1376143/Premier-League-manager-wages-Man-Utd-Arsenal-Chelsea-salaries-detailed-news

Ashley probably only expected to pay a few months of his salary before he sold up and fucked off 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's on a decent wedge apparently 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1376143/Premier-League-manager-wages-Man-Utd-Arsenal-Chelsea-salaries-detailed-news

Ashley probably only expected to pay a few months of his salary before he sold up and fucked off 

Good point. Every decision Ashley has ever made for NUFC has been short term and short sighted. This was probably a stop gap measure that ticked a box at the time, and has now become a massive fuck up.

Kind of sums up his ownership really :lol: 

• Like 1

So it seems to simply boil down to Ashley paying over the odds for a shite manager just as one last ‘fuck you’ to the fans, thinking he was about to sell. Now it’s gone tits up he’s unwilling to cough up a payout even though if it leads to relegation it’ll probably cost £30-50m in the unlikely event we come straight back up? Sounds about right given the alternative would mean he’d learned something about football over the last 13 years or whatever it is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

So it seems to simply boil down to Ashley paying over the odds for a shite manager just as one last ‘fuck you’ to the fans, thinking he was about to sell. Now it’s gone tits up he’s unwilling to cough up a payout even though if it leads to relegation it’ll probably cost £30-50m in the unlikely event we come straight back up? Sounds about right given the alternative would mean he’d learned something about football over the last 13 years or whatever it is. 

Mental isn't it.

£2.75mil pa fits with the £4mil figure quoted to pay him off too. He's got 17ish months left on his contract 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

I would hope so

Bruce's contract + compo to Sheff Wed would work out at nearly £15mil over 3 seasons. For a fucking championship manager with the worst win stats in premier league history.

I struggle to believe we couldn't have found a half decent mercenary manager from abroad for £5mil a season 

37 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Chronicle is saying the £6.5m isn't Bruce's settlement, that'll show in next years accounts.

The Chronicle are talking through their arse. In that article they first state that the accounts are until 31st July 2019, then later they say it can't be the Bruce settlement because it only covers the period until 30th June 2019.

The accounts are clearly until 31st July 2019 and as such do cover the Bruce payment.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bruce said that he felt all the decisions he has made this season had been "questioned" by fans and that what he had "witnessed in the stadium was not right".

"The guy who is being questioned…unfortunately, it sums up the society we are in at the moment. There's no respect for anyone," the 57-year-old said.

"I find the whole thing hugely disrespectful."

He added: "The one thing I've always had is the determination to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in. I'll always have a go."

Villa are 12th in the table having won only one of their last nine league games, while Alex Neil's North End stay bottom.

All sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

With the imaginatively named protagonist Steve Barnes. :lol: 

Manager of Leddersfield Town. 

Written whilst he was managing at Huddersfield :lol:

• Haha 3

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United