Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

It makes sense to try and safeguard a transfer fee for him.  He's done fuck all in the premier league but consistantly proves himself as a scorer in the championship.  I'd reckon you'd still have teams willing to pay £10m for him to try and get him out of that league.  And of course in all likelyhood we will need him to do that very job next season because I can't see Wilson hanging around in the Championship for us.

For him I can't really see the motivation.  There would be teams willing to pay him good money, especially if they can get him on a free.  And the thought of having to play any more for Bruce cannot be a happy one.

• Like 1

He's getting three years wages from us guaranteed. That's his motivation and it's no upheaval. The club's motivation is it's easier than getting another player in and they'll assume he'll still be fit and still be scoring regularly in the championship if we go down or it'll raise his fee for a championship club to buy him if we stay up. It's Ashley's NUFC to a tee.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's getting three years wages from us guaranteed. That's his motivation and it's no upheaval. The club's motivation is it's easier than getting another player in and they'll assume he'll still be fit and still be scoring regularly in the championship if we go down or it'll raise his fee for a championship club to buy him if we stay up. It's Ashley's NUFC to a tee.

Most Championship clubs don’t have £10m to spend on a proven second tier goalscorer like Gayle.Isn’t he on something like £60,000 a week? 

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Most Championship clubs don’t have £10m to spend on a proven second tier goalscorer like Gayle.Isn’t he on something like £60,000 a week? 

He's took a wage cut and relegated clubs or clubs who think they can gamble to get the PL cash in the long run might fork it out although obviously the older he is the less likely that gets plus he hasn't played a lot.

So there were "frantic" meetings today between Cabbage and Penfold. I have an inside source on this, and it turns out that the tea lady forgot the double chocolate hobnobs. She was fired on the spot.

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Jokes aside, we’re looking at next season’s first choice striker 

in a similar way in which the planets aligned for pardew's fifth place finish, they're now aligning again for the payback.

after the inevitable sales, an abysmal squad. an uninterested, clueless and malicious owner. plummeting crowds. and fucking bruce,

we're fucked  we could quite easily replicate the mackems double relegation.

It’s actually incredible how fucking bad Bruce has been. Two seasons ago you’d have thought there was no fucking way we’d be relegated, not that we were a great side but we looked very solid defensively which always gave us a chance in games. Fast forward 2 seasons of mis management under this fucking FRAUD and we are hurtling towards relegation, avoidance of relegation will be purely down to Fulham being too wank to catch us. 

Not that I respected many pundits and Journos beforehand but fucking hell they can all go whistle now after sticking up for this useless cunt. By fucking far the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime, I include Kinnear in that btw. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

At least Kinnear had the good grace to have a heart attack and fuck off, this steaming sack of shite and bacon fat isn't going anywhere.

in the very likely scenario whereby he's got us struggling in the bottom half of the 2nd division there's every likelihood he'll have a breakdown.

he's probably close already.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

At least Kinnear had the good grace to have a heart attack and fuck off, this steaming sack of shite and bacon fat isn't going anywhere.

Remember when he was booting off in the press when he recovered saying he was still our manager as he was never let go :lol: you can just imagine Charnley sweating worried he’d have to actually inform Kinnear he wasn’t our manager. 

Edited by Howay

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

in the very likely scenario whereby he's got us struggling in the bottom half of the 2nd division there's every likelihood he'll have a breakdown.

he's probably close already.

I dunno, I think he’s one of those arrogant people that’s genuinely convinced of their own greatness, despite all evidence to the contrary. I can’t see him taking enough responsibility to have a breakdown, nothing is ever his fault. His signature phrase is “I’m not making excuses but...”

I'm surprised that anyone who remotely followed us would be surprised at those results.  We've gone from playing dull football but with a well drilled defence and the prospect of improving when we could upgrade our attackers to playing much worse football with a bunch of players who have no respect for the manager, a sloppy defence and no idea how to attack other than through the moments of quality from individuals.

The only surprise is that we're not bottom of every category.

• Like 3

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United