Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

Well obviously we’re disappointed. We don’t want to make excuses but  Zahra knows what she needs to do and she hasn’t really got anywhere near the standard we expect, she’ll tell you that herself. We dont know what more we can do, we’ve been in the landlord game a long time, maybe the penny will drop soon. Obviously we’re disappointed but we will just have to stick our heads down and carry on.

• Haha 6

"You always think you are capable but I don't think we envisaged being 4-0 up.

"I always feel we are capable when we are at full strength but

"I was always quietly confident that if I got the big players at the top end of the pitch fit because without them it became a bit of a struggle.

"Allan was missing for the best part of five months and for a team in the bottom half of the Premier League, we couldn't function without the best players being fit."

"You have to find a way sometimes and be a bit pragmatic.

"But we have invested money on Almiron, Joelinton, Callum and Allan so there is our threat.

"But unfortunately they haven't been fit."

"It is part and parcel of the whole thing at the time.

"People said the club appointed someone above me - as if I would do that.

"We added someone to the training ground to improve us and help give us fresh ideas

"I am delighted we chose Graeme and he has helped us enormously but the other staff, the two Steves, Steve Harper, Ben Dawson - they have helped enormously.

"You can't stop it. Graeme was my appointment. I interviewed him in London and there were a couple of others in the frame.

"It was a difficult decision for him because he was going well at Bournemouth but the big thing was him being a Newcastle fan and the love of the club."

"I thought the easy thing would be to say I am not enjoying this anymore and I will walk away.

"That has never been me. I wanted to batten down the hatches and make sure Newcastle are safe this season.

"The most important for me is the club and I have been working tirelessly and embroiled in keeping the club in the division."

"Certain journalists who have been on your show didn't want me here from day one.

"You have to accept criticism, it is part and parcel of it, but I think at times it has been unjust.

"I have always said to try and judge me when I have a fit squad.

"Newcastle in the last 14/15 years have been in the bottom half of the Premier League. We would all love to see Newcastle being back to signing the Alan Shearers of this world for world record fees but that just isn't going to happen.

"It is difficult about the expectation that is still there."

"The takeover. We were all disappointed and no more so than Mike.

"We were selling to the Saudi people that would generate the income of the likes of Man City so what supporter wouldn't like to see that?

"Until that happens I will do the best I possibly can for the club. It is no secret Mike wants to sell the club and for everybody that is the best thing."

"I have regular contact with Lee the CEO but when we have been up against it Mike has been steadfast in his support and as a manager you need that.

"It is not easy but a bit of experience helps you in that situation."

Edited by ewerk

"Newcastle in the last 14/15 years have been in the bottom half of the Premier League". Fuck me, I know I don't like Bruce but I never thought he'd have me wanting to jump in to defend Alan Pardew.

• Like 1

Just now, Meenzer said:

"Newcastle in the last 14/15 years have been in the bottom half of the Premier League and that's where I'm determined to keep them."

What he really meant.

:lol: He’s such a fucking wanker. He basically goes on and goes “I’m not sure why they don’t like me, they’ve been shite as long as this owner they inexplicably don’t like has been here, the fact they’re shite with me shouldn’t be a problem for them so I’ll just keep being shite” Cheers Steve, so no clue at all why a fan would hear that and not like you? I hope for his sake he’s just saying it and can understand why privately as if not it’s a miracle the bloke manages to have the cognitive ability to stuff the copious amounts of Mars bars and space raiders in his mouth that he does to keep himself going. 

Whenever it happens it’ll be fucking brilliant the day we see the back of this utter fucking plug and the monumental cunt that employed him. 

• Like 5

On 25/04/2021 at 12:57, Kitman said:

Bruce is a shit old alcoholic dinosaur. A total fraud of a manager and a horrible narcissist. Looks like someone made his face out of mashed potato and talks bollocks. Please resign.

Shearer absolutely loves him. 

Maybe it’s because he’s incompetent, about 20 years behind the times, arrogant, mercenary, incapable of handling criticism, has a fucking terrible track record, has took the club backwards despite having a decent transfer budget, doesn’t believe in tactics, doesn’t have any real philosophy about how the game should be played, has produced some of the worst football I’ve ever seen in last 30 or so years here or maybe there’s another reason the fans haven’t taken to him 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Maybe it’s because he’s incompetent, about 20 years behind the times, arrogant, mercenary, incapable of handling criticism, has a fucking terrible track record, has took the club backwards despite having a decent transfer budget, doesn’t believe in tactics, doesn’t have any real philosophy about how the game should be played, has produced some of the worst football I’ve ever seen in last 30 or so years here or maybe there’s another reason the fans haven’t taken to him 

:lol:

Did we ever find out what his response to “Who Let The Dogs Out” was going to be? 

(Given his fucking beige approach to everything, it’ll have been something unutterably dull by  Phil Collins or Whitney Houston.)

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did we ever find out what his response to “Who Let The Dogs Out” was going to be? 

(Given his fucking beige approach to everything, it’ll have been something unutterably dull by  Phil Collins or Whitney Houston.)

Who let the dogs out was the response wasn't it? Think we played Daydream Believer over the tanoy after the game :lol:

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Every loser wins by Nick Berry 

• Haha 3

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United