bobbyshinton

Bruce Manager of NUFC

38 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t know why people are worrying about injuries, our state of the art facilities will sort those minor problems out.

“Dwight, climb into that wheelie bin, I’ll see if there’s any ice cubes in the freezer”

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

He shouldn't put his best team out in the cups. I'm sure he's telling Ashley in private that he needs money to spend.

latest?cb=20141201104816

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fuck off man. :lol:

We aren't winning the league anytime soon so if we don't try in the cups we may as well pack it all in 

We are very very unlikely to win a cup with this squad. We would need a few more seasons in the Premier League to be in the position to. A bit better at not wasting £40mil wouldn't go amiss either.

14 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

He shouldn't put his best team out in the cups. I'm sure he's telling Ashley in private that he needs money to spend.

pigsy.gif

• Haha 6
  • Jaysus... 1

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fuck off man. :lol:

We aren't winning the league anytime soon so if we don't try in the cups we may as well pack it all in 

That makes your stance on fan apathy a bit odd when that’s been our approach under this owner for ages 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

That makes your stance on fan apathy a bit odd when that’s been our approach under this owner for ages 

You're conflating my opinion with someone else's. I've always advocated for people to stay away/be apathetic if they want. What I don't agree with is those same fans calling the people that do attend matches or enjoy it when we win. 

From todays presser

Steve Bruce:

“Dummett and Gayle will have scans today so they’ll not be involved tomorrow.

“Saint-Maximin has trained for the last two days but tomorrow might be a bit early.

“The same goes for Shelvey.

It [Rochdale replay] is an opportunity for Joelinton.

“I am hoping he is going to declare himself fit this morning and hopefully get off the mark and up and running…maybe this is the ideal game for him.

“For too many years we haven’t had any cup run at all.

It doesn’t do any harm.

“We have got two League One teams to be in the Fifth Round, so let’s go for it.

“I’ve said it since I walked through the door, we will play as strong as we possibly can.

“We have got a wonderful chance.

They [Rochdale] made it difficult for us in the second-half but for me the game should have been put to bed in the first-half.

“If Hull can get to a cup final, why can’t Newcastle?

“That has got to be my mantra until I leave.”

Shouldn’t be letting players declare themselves fit, the stupid cunt. What are the doctors and physios for?

• Like 3

Should do a chart for the Bruce defenders where one axis is football knowledge and the other is desire to just attract attention 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Should do a chart for the Bruce defenders where one axis is football knowledge and the other is desire to just attract attention 

I'm just here to cut through the fog of Rose tinted spectacles... 

Is Rafa a better manager than Bruce? Clearly

Did we look a better team in the first half of last season? Yes, at times. Chiefly due to Rondon. 

However, we were in the relegation zone around this time last season, we routinely had 30% possession in games and it was only Almiron coming in that gave us the impetus to go on a run in the new year. 

The narrative that all things Bruce = Bad and all things Rafa = Good is mental and only serves to justify the "Delewded Jordie" accusations 

even when we were losing under rafa, the players looked fit and drilled, there was positional discipline and barely any injuries. that's gone. these days our wins feel fortuitous and you get the sense that our next 5-0 walloping is only ever just around the corner. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm just here to cut through the fog of Rose tinted spectacles... 

Is Rafa a better manager than Bruce? Clearly

Did we look a better team in the first half of last season? Yes, at times. Chiefly due to Rondon. 

However, we were in the relegation zone around this time last season, we routinely had 30% possession in games and it was only Almiron coming in that gave us the impetus to go on a run in the new year. 

The narrative that all things Bruce = Bad and all things Rafa = Good is mental and only serves to justify the "Delewded Jordie" accusations 

Thanks for the input but I’ve already plotted your position 

On 1/13/2020 at 22:13, Kid Dynamite said:

All joking aside, last seasons chart would be similar

Not the same chart, but to give a comparison 18/19 vs 19/20 so far

2018-19-pl-ad-2.png?w=8602019-12-27-pl-ad.png?w=860&h=484

2018-19-pl-att-1.png?w=860

2019-12-27-pl-att.png?w=860&h=484

2018-19-pl-def-1.png?w=860

2019-12-27-pl-def.png?w=860&h=484

2018-19-pl-eg-1.png?w=860

2019-12-27-pl-eg.png?w=860&h=484

• Like 1