Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Should do a chart for the Bruce defenders where one axis is football knowledge and the other is desire to just attract attention 

I'm just here to cut through the fog of Rose tinted spectacles... 

Is Rafa a better manager than Bruce? Clearly

Did we look a better team in the first half of last season? Yes, at times. Chiefly due to Rondon. 

However, we were in the relegation zone around this time last season, we routinely had 30% possession in games and it was only Almiron coming in that gave us the impetus to go on a run in the new year. 

The narrative that all things Bruce = Bad and all things Rafa = Good is mental and only serves to justify the "Delewded Jordie" accusations 

even when we were losing under rafa, the players looked fit and drilled, there was positional discipline and barely any injuries. that's gone. these days our wins feel fortuitous and you get the sense that our next 5-0 walloping is only ever just around the corner. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm just here to cut through the fog of Rose tinted spectacles... 

Is Rafa a better manager than Bruce? Clearly

Did we look a better team in the first half of last season? Yes, at times. Chiefly due to Rondon. 

However, we were in the relegation zone around this time last season, we routinely had 30% possession in games and it was only Almiron coming in that gave us the impetus to go on a run in the new year. 

The narrative that all things Bruce = Bad and all things Rafa = Good is mental and only serves to justify the "Delewded Jordie" accusations 

Thanks for the input but I’ve already plotted your position 

On 1/13/2020 at 22:13, Kid Dynamite said:

All joking aside, last seasons chart would be similar

Not the same chart, but to give a comparison 18/19 vs 19/20 so far

2018-19-pl-ad-2.png?w=8602019-12-27-pl-ad.png?w=860&h=484

2018-19-pl-att-1.png?w=860

2019-12-27-pl-att.png?w=860&h=484

2018-19-pl-def-1.png?w=860

2019-12-27-pl-def.png?w=860&h=484

2018-19-pl-eg-1.png?w=860

2019-12-27-pl-eg.png?w=860&h=484

• Like 1

On 20/02/2009 at 14:00, bobbyshinton said:

From May. I do not do rumour put your money on it. :D

Paddy Power keep telling me my bet lost. I’m not having it Shints! 

Fuckers owe me £4

On 1/15/2020 at 17:26, Kid Dynamite said:

Pedantry

Sure, you can avoid the obvious if you want, but it just makes you look at best ornery, at worst stupid.

Edited by The Fish

You can celebrate winners all you want mush, I’m sure a lot of the people on here who dislike Bruce did too.

The problem with swallowing what is being served up is it’s indicative of the regime, we survive on a whim or a shoestring. You can’t honestly believe we deserve to be where we are in the league based on the showings this seasons? 

Unless there is either a change of heart from Ashley and he properly supports the team, or he leaves this is as good as it gets. This is the culmination of Newcastle United, aim for safety and everything else is a bonus. It’s not what I thought of when I first started supporting a football team, it’s not what Sir Bobby or Kevin Keegan or Rafa Benitez thought when managing us. 

I actually like a lot of our players, they graft and they can defend very well and generally are a likeable bunch. But this aiming for survival is draining and honestly drains the fun from the game.

Enjoy the win, I did because fuck Chelsea and I’m glad for the players. 

• Like 10

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United