Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

46 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

"One of the reasons I didn’t really buy in January was to keep it ready for the summer, because I didn’t think we could get the value for money,” said Bruce.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kktuezpnqmwbjibrx8

56 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

"One of the reasons I didn’t really buy in January was to keep it ready for the summer, because I didn’t think we could get the value for money,” said Bruce.

40E13601-8817-4334-ABEA-BE73C96FE116.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, sammynb said:

Hmmm..

6) Newcastle Controversial this, because Toon fans want to do better than lower mid-table, but considering everyone had Newcastle down as relegation candidates at the start of the season, Steve Bruce has done a fair job. Not great, but better than expected.

:glare:

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Well if he was going to be found anywhere then of course it was the Guardian comments section.

"I agree with Newcastle overachieving though. The reaction when Bruce replaced Benitez was that he was an incompetent who would take them down or get sacked trying. Safely in mid table for most of the season and their first cup run in years. Job well done."

Luke Edwards in disguise ? ^ 

This 'cup run', man. :lol: :lol: Took replays to get past third and fourth division clubs then just scraped past a vastly changed West Brom who were clearly looking at promotion only. First PL team we played we were swept away. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

This 'cup run', man. :lol: :lol: Took replays to get past third and fourth division clubs then just scraped past a vastly changed West Brom who were clearly looking at promotion only. First PL team we played we were swept away. 

Spot on

Bruce got a call from Ashley

"He wanted to say thank you to all my players and staff for the hard work and effort and to enjoy the summer. What he reiterated was it's in the hands of the Premier League and it's been like that for weeks. We need a decision and one quickly. How long do we need to make that decision?

All I want is what's best for this great club. If new owners come in and take the club forward that's what we all want as Newcastle fans.

We're disappointed that we faded a bit at the death [in recent weeks]. We're disappointed not to overtake last year's tally. But if someone said at the start of the season would you be happy to finish with seven teams below you, we'd have taken that. But that's not enough. We want to push for the top 10 on a regular basis and not look over our shoulders"

Edited by trooper

And theres more

Steve Bruce says that he has a further call with Mike Ashley scheduled for Wednesday.

Mike Ashley call was via a Zoom conference with the entire squad and staff straight after the game.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Fucking how we have fallen eh, happy to have 7 teams below us.  Fuck off.

Aye but the ambition is Top 10.… on a regular basis. 

Fuck me, stop it Brucie, I can only get so hard. :lol:

• Haha 3

Bruce after the game

"We've taken the lead against them twice this season and it gives you something to hold onto. For large parts of the first-half we defended very well. We had a hunger and a desire I couldn't fault but in the end we just weren't quite good enough." 

No shit Sherlock. Shame about small parts of the first half & all the second half really 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United