Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: I can’t wait for him to let Bruce spunk a fortune up the wall, like he did for McLaren while Rafa wasn’t even allowed to spend what was recouped. 

As if there are people seriously on about “wheeyyy we just need to back him man”, this is an absolute joke, we’re going from Rafael Benitez to Steve Bruce :lol::lol: whatever the club do off that back of the support will never ever be capitalized on, I mean when we somehow came 5th all they bought was Anita which sent our best player into a protest :lol: I actually hope we go down, and this time fucking stay down, if this abhorrent cunt is going to make moves like this I hope that for once he doesn’t somehow luck into a bloke who can rally everyone and have the squad over perform like Hughton and Rafa, so that way he finally takes the hit for the shit he’s serving up. 

Exactly correct. Fatass has a proven track record for giving shit managers loads of money to blow and letting talented managers starve. As you say, when Pardew was on a purple patch and we finished 5th, it would've been the perfect time to invest heavily in the squad. Some of the pain might've been alleviated. There might've been a road back for Ashley. But instead, we cut our own throat to stop the nosebleed of Europa League football. 

Of course, Fat Sam and McClaren, easily the worst permanent managers we've had in Fatty's time, had fortunes (comparatively) thrown at them to flood the squad with dross. 

I fully expect us to sign up to 50m of players this summer now that Rafa has gone.. But it would've been no net spend again if, somehow, he'd signed the extension and stayed another year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Isegrim said:

The apologists in the press are already in full swing again. They rather appease a thundercunt of an owner not to lose access to informations than a fanbase appalled by the obvious contempt of their feelings.

All the local press are friends with Bruce from his time at the Mackems. It's so transparent that it's actually quite funny to see, what was angry diatribes, turn into glad-handling, pissy knickered "give him some time!" narratives. They're shameless and they and their malware, ad-ridden websites need to be ignored completely for the rest of time.

• Like 1

Ashley would see £5m as good value to infuriate the fans, such is his rancour.

"You guys don't understand how fucking horrible we can be."

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

5 million for Bruce :lol: 

We wouldn't pay 16 or whatever for Rondon but we'll pay 5 million for steve fucking bruce after the club were informed that they'd need a new manager for the next season back in May.

Just shy of 4 weeks until the transfer window closes, no signings made, another few days then until our first game of the season.

This is surely the worst state the club has been in leading into the start of a season since Ashley bought the club right? We're plumbing new depths here.

Plumbing new depths and the new season already a damp squid thanks to the football genius who's finally got this football lark sorted.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Plumbing new depths and the new season already a damp squid thanks to the football genius who's finally got this football lark sorted.

Who'd have thought things could be even more on the wayne.

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

As if we are paying £5mil to install a championship manager. There must a shit load of young progressive managers in Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, France we could get for that much who would jump at the chance to move to the Premier league. 

Well that’s it. As much as anything it demonstrates how utterly devoid of vision those running the club are. Again 

It’s not like the alternatives are likely to be much better than Bruce so I really couldn’t give a shit either way. 

I've seen it said, but it's almost guaranteed to be Tony Pulis if they can't agree compensation with Wednesday. I'm shocked they didn't just plumb for Pulis anyway, given he's unemployed and they only want someone to scrape us 17th. Sadly it may have been the case that he's already knocked us back. A bit like ten ton Tessie turning you down for a date. But again it's not as if who's the manager is all that relevant anymore, or has been really for the entire time Ashley has owned the club. I used to think that we needed the best manager possible to keep us in the premier until Ashley sells up, but does anyone actually think he'll ever sell while he's still raking in the cash. A couple of seasons in the championship might force his hand. God forbid we join the Mackems in league one, but again it might be the only way to get rid of him.

Edited by Polarboy

It would be fucking brilliant if Bruce turned us down or they couldn’t agree compo, then all other managers they approach do similar. The fat cunt is finally paying for his dog shit behaviour and complete disregard of the club. 

It's ludicrous like. 

Gerrard

Arteta

Martinez

Viera  

were the 4 early favourites. None as exciting as keeping Rafa but they wouldn't have been a disaster. 

We decide to pick from the old school British manager stable. 

Redknapp

Bruce

Pulis

Pardew 

Hughes 

Mclaren 

Allardyce

We've had 3 of the fuckers and they were all shite. Can't believe we are hiring number 4.  They all remind me of that scene in premier passions where Peter Reid gives a half time teamtalk and doesn't mention tactics once. Lots of shouting and swearing and "fucking get into them!". Might have worked in 1995 but we are a quarter of a century past that FFS :lol:

From .com

Newcastle's pursuit of Steve Bruce continued on Friday, but Sheffield Wednesday are clearly in no mood to let him leave on the cheap and the issue of compensation remains unresolved.
In addition to a claimed contractual payment of up to £5m, it's claimed that Wednesday are seeking additional recompense for releasing Bruce's two coaches, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.
Bruce took training at his current club on Friday and as it stands, will be in charge when the Owls play a friendly at Lincoln City on Saturday.
Could this be any more embarrassing? 

PS: This has some hallmarks of our pursuit of Steve McClaren in 2015, when news of our interest in him mid-season was followed by his Derby County side losing form rapidly and the Rams then sacking him  - McClaren then taking charge at SJP and NUFC avoiding having to pay out any compensation.  

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United