Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I agree with every word. Miserable 

in fairness to michael martin he's wrote some cracking articles on the state of ashley's abomination of nufc during the last 14 years.

sadly, at least in my opinion, he's then completely invalidated the time and effort he's put in to doing so by handing over his money to him for a season ticket.

still, at least it's better than this drivel from one of his co-writers....

https://true-faith.co.uk/steve-bruces-position-at-newcastle-united-yes-man-good-or-bad/

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The 2 things can co-exist

You seem a bit hung up on other people not replicating your views/actions around the club

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by hung up?

I think our support is fractured, possibly to the point of it being beyond repair, but I hope not.

we've got thousands who probably share my views and who've walked away.

we've got thousands who probably share my views but remain.

we've got thousands who probably think mike ashley is doing a good job and saved us from financial oblivion.

we've got thousands who've jumped on the opportunity for a free ticket to provide a backdrop for keith bishop's crisis management pr exercise.

we've got thousands who tolerate steve bruce.

we're all co-exsisting but it's not particularly harmonious or even healthy is it?

I feel angry, bitter, resentful but mostly saddened that ashley has managed to achieve this. does that mean hung up?

I've no love for leeds united but I quite enjoyed reading this article on the bbc the other day...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58294478

as it stands we've had 14 years of ashley's football purgatory with no real sign it's about to end any time soon and if I held my hand on my heart I'd rather we replicated leeds and ashley lose tens of millions on his version of nufc then profit by even by more by selling to the saudis. it's what he deserves.

we'd bounce back as leeds have and maybe then like them our support would be united and have some hope?

it's fucking tragic.  :(

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just that I've noticed multiple posts from you digging out the fans that choose to still go to the match. We should be punching up, not down.  

well spotted. precisely. (with the emphasis on 'we')

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 09:25, thebrokendoll said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by hung up?

I think our support is fractured, possibly to the point of it being beyond repair, but I hope not.

we've got thousands who probably share my views and who've walked away.

we've got thousands who probably share my views but remain.

we've got thousands who probably think mike ashley is doing a good job and saved us from financial oblivion.

we've got thousands who've jumped on the opportunity for a free ticket to provide a backdrop for keith bishop's crisis management pr exercise.

we've got thousands who tolerate steve bruce.

we're all co-exsisting but it's not particularly harmonious or even healthy is it?

I feel angry, bitter, resentful but mostly saddened that ashley has managed to achieve this. does that mean hung up?

I've no love for leeds united but I quite enjoyed reading this article on the bbc the other day...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58294478

as it stands we've had 14 years of ashley's football purgatory with no real sign it's about to end any time soon and if I held my hand on my heart I'd rather we replicated leeds and ashley lose tens of millions on his version of nufc then profit by even by more by selling to the saudis. it's what he deserves.

we'd bounce back as leeds have and maybe then like them our support would be united and have some hope?

it's fucking tragic.  :(

I've never spoken to a single supporter who thinks Ashley has saved us from anything mind.  Certainly not in the last five years or so.  I'm sure there are some but don't for a second believe they number in their thousands.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I've never spoken to a single supporter who thinks Ashley has saved us from anything mind.  Certainly not in the last five years or so.  I'm sure there are some but don't for a second believe they number in their thousands.

There's a couple on twitter who make their fun by defending Ashley's tenure, leaning heavily on the idea that he saved us from financial ruin. The central premise that if he hadn't bought us, Shepherd would have taken no measures to stave off calamity and we'd have folded, never to return.

4 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I've spoken to quite a few who have, although I'd concede I've not went out me to conduct a straw poll on the actual numbers!

I was basing an opinion more on the many reports of people who'd took part in relatively insipid protests like the 11th minute walk in for the west ham game less than 3 years ago or handing out leaflets outside the ground.

in both cases having been given dogs abuse for doing so.

anyway, whatever the numbers are in each camp/stance our support is indisputably fractured to fucking buggery and has been unable to conduct a collective stand against a man who's clearly a vindictive parasite and has been for 14 years

very sad.

Edited by thebrokendoll

I think the support has been rendered apathetic more than fractured.  The vast majority are desperate to see the back of Ashley and co. but feel there's fuck all they can do about it.

The fact that he's actively appearing to try and sell the club to people who could actually take us forward, but is getting blocked by the premier league and the so called big clubs who don't want to see their share of the pie decreased, only makes people feel more helpless in trying to change anything.  Would not buying tickets actually help now?  I suppose you could take the view that if the revenue kept decreasing, Ashley might be forced to accept a lower amount for the club and therefore bring other prospective buyers into play.  But imo that will just see him further restrict spending and resulting in our relegation and possible fall down the league like the inbread down the road.  You can argue that we would eventually do a Leeds etc but that's taking a big risk and asking people to look ten years or more into the future before returning.  How do you ask young kids to do that?

Unfortunately very sad is the only way to describe the situation.

Edited by David Kelly
  • Like 2

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

How very NUFC. At least we can concentrate on the league now 😪

Aye the sad thing is we knew it was coming. I mean we give that much of a shit there's no match thread. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United