Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

The full Newcastle segment was posted there https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/premier-league/11924732/sunday-supplement-the-newcastle-debate

Edit. Actually having watched it it's not the entire segment. There's a bit from Hope about the takeover which is basically just what he said about it looking very familiar from other fakeovers. Hope though seems to be of the opinion that these approaches aren't sufficient as opposed to Ashley just messing about for his own advantage. He does question Ashley's willingness to sell, and he doesn't shy away from criticising Newcastle, so perhaps he's right and it's a case of both Ashley being an unwilling seller and there not being any particularly reputable buyers. I have to say I find it hard to believe that none of the supposed groups looking to takeover were serious or had the finances, but I'm not a journalist with contacts either. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

I think he makes a good point in that it’s essentially unsustainable. I think any who watches us and has an actual clue about football recognises that. 

• Like 1

I think we are getting to that point now. The clean sheets are sticking due to graft and a good keeper (and some luck), but now that our defenders aren't weighing in with goals we are going to see a lot of 0-0s or narrow defeats ala our scruffy neighbours 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think we are getting to that point now. The clean sheets are sticking due to graft and a good keeper (and some luck), but now that our defenders aren't weighing in with goals we are going to see a lot of 0-0s or narrow defeats ala our scruffy neighbours 

It’s not all luck of course. Solid defence and a good keeper makes a big difference when it comes to grinding out results. The team spirit seems good too. Of course the fortunate points tally relative to performances helps with latter. If we hadn’t carried our luck as much cracks might’ve formed. But they’re trying for the manager alright so he deserves credit for that at least

"This team last year went five at the back under Rafa, they couldn't win a corner before that."

Nice bit of revisionism from Brucey, ignoring that at no stage last season did we look as poor as we do currently. Even when the results didn’t went our way there were games where we could have got more out of it, like the game at Old Trafford where there would have been a good chance to go three up if it hadn’t been for the most baffling bit of officiating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I am not sure what is the bigger insult, to call the team lucky or to say the likes of Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Hayden, Longstaff, Shelvey, Schär, Lascelles et al aren’t able to pass the ball better.

Indeed, players who were perfectly capable last season :yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

He’s probably opened some cans a bit too early.

Must be because I just cannot see the point he is making.  He has completely nailed his colours to the Bruce mast and is no longer in anyway capable of being impartial.  He just keeps digging that hole. 

Yeah, reset your expectations you ungrateful pricks. Keep giving money to the club who have set a target on promotion at the cost of playing anything resembling football. Why care if we're atrocious to watch you absolute bastards, look at all of those glorious points! CELEBRATE a job well done. We are after all, a company and not a football club.

Former Aston Villa defender has been scathing about Steve Bruce's traing methods 

"Steve Bruce wasn’t my cup of tea. The football was similar to Tony Pulis but at least Tony had a plan.

I remember Steve would throw the ball into the middle in training and say, ‘Let’s play’, like we were under-nines.

It was crazy."

26 minutes ago, trooper said:

Bruce wants to give Big Andy another 1 year contract. He's only started 4 times for NUFC this season  :razz:

A bit like them giving Coloccini an extension because they couldn't/didn't want to buy a centre half despite the fact he was finished and wanted away. 

• Like 1

I’m sure he’s as frustrated as we all are but unfortunately he’s got to try and get fit and hopefully he will be ready in a couple of weeks or whenever it will be. We’re not putting a time scale on it. It’s just the way it is.

Five year contract for the man.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United