Bruce Manager of NUFC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just another Pardew for me.  Didn't like the fucker before he came here, didn't like him when he was here, and I'll continue disliking him after he's left.   Just another snidey snake i

i'm going to explain to you where you're going wrong here, although god only knows why i should need to....   you (and no doubt many others in the putrid facebook/twitter world of the termin

Be careful what we wish for?!   Over a decade of utter fucking meaningless pish, lies, villainy, has beens, never weres and never should've beens we've endured.    Should we just w

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

it's a miracle we have the points we've got. 

It certainly is! 

Given that nearly half the starting 11 were not here under Rafa, and given that some of the others were not playing regularly either, I wonder if the lucky results earlier in the season, which in the main came from incredibly hard work in defensive terms, something which was coached into them by Rafa, and the downturn in standards now, could be related to the coaching perhaps in the intervening period?

I wonder :scratchchin:

• Like 1

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-losers-bruno-fernandes-newcastle

Newcastle United, and chickens coming home to roost
This is Newcastle United’s reality: misery as standard that is occasionally alleviated – temporarily – by a run of half-decent results or victory against a better team achieved in spite of all logic or laws of averages.

That bigger picture tragedy isn’t on Steve Bruce; he is merely one thread in a pitiful show. I don’t believe that he is good enough for this job, and his CV didn’t merit the appointment, but then he is only a symptom of Mike Ashley’s managed decline. Ashley has starved a wonderful club of all ambition and nothing will change until he leaves.

Even so, Bruce could – should – be doing more with the tools at his disposal. The last couple of months have seen his chicken coming home to roost. Newcastle’s results had always outweighed their performances, and now the results have caught up. No team has had fewer shots. No team has a worse expected goals total. No team has had fewer touches in the opposition box. No team has scored fewer goals. It’s now six points from their last ten games.

On Saturday they faced a Crystal Palace team that has had far less money spent on the squad and was in chronically bad form. Newcastle allowed them to have 16 shots and had only two on target of their own. This was Palace’s first win since Boxing Day.

It’s almost impossible to work out what Bruce’s plan is, other than hoping three clubs remain worse than his own. They don’t attack with any cohesion, rely upon defenders scoring their goals and have ruined a £40m centre forward. Joelinton excelled in Germany surrounded by other attackers. Bruce described him as having everything a striker needs to be successful, left him entirely isolated for six months and then insisted he wasn’t a natural goalscorer. It’s a how-to guide for failing to get the best out of an expensive signing.

Apathy is growing in Newcastle. The club had to give away 10,000 half-season tickets to ensure that the stadium remained full on matchdays. Supporters are sick and tired of having the piss taken out of them and are sick and tired of the constant cycle of takeover soap operas that coincide with transfer windows or season-ticket renewal dates.

It would be beyond many managers to succeed in an environment as toxic as that. But Bruce’s problem is that his predecessor managed it and he is failing to do so. The best they can hope for is limping through until May and hoping the summer brings structural change at the club. Without it, Newcastle United are slowly dying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

it's not a bad article, with the exception of this...

'Supporters are sick and tired of having the piss taken out of them'

tragically there's tens of thousands who are that stupid they don't appear to realise that's what's happening, prefering even to defend ashley in some cases.

until people start seeing the blindingly obvious and walk away they'll have what they deserve... a dying club.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's not a bad article, with the exception of this...

'Supporters are sick and tired of having the piss taken out of them'

tragically there's tens of thousands who are that stupid they don't appear to realise that's what's happening, prefering even to defend ashley in some cases.

until people start seeing the blindingly obvious and walk away they'll have what they deserve... a dying club.

Who's defended Ashley?

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I take umbrage with”Joelinton excelled in Germany surrounded by other attackers.”

7 goals in 29 appearances is not what I would call excelling. Even in Austria he only got 15 in 60.

He's as equipped to play in PL as I am.

Sad for him he keeps getting exposed week in, week out. I'd doubt he would get a game in the championship. 

53 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I take umbrage with”Joelinton excelled in Germany surrounded by other attackers.”

7 goals in 29 appearances is not what I would call excelling. Even in Austria he only got 15 in 60.

He didn’t excel as a goalscorer but did have a very good season in an attacking frontline where the other two striker scored most of the goals.

It does only prove that the club didn’t sign the player for football reasons. They paid far too much on a player not being suited to the position and role he is asked to play. Not having a manager who could adjust tactics to get the best out of him doesn’t help either.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

He didn’t excel as a goalscorer but did have a very good season in an attacking frontline where the other two striker scored most of the goals.

It does only prove that the club didn’t sign the player for football reasons. They paid far too much on a player not being suited to the position and role he is asked to play. Not having a manager who could adjust tactics to get the best out of him doesn’t help either.

i think this was highlighted when he went off against Oxford.  He was missed as a focal point.

One plan is usually to hump it to the big lump up front.We cannot even do that,unless we’re desperate to clear our lines to ease the pressure.Is Brucey telling his midfielders not to support him because of his shocking control.There is more chance of our mid-field receiving the ball from if they stay 10 to 15 yards away to benefit from his terrible first touch.

Steve Bruce says great opportunity and realistic for Newcastle United to finish top half of Premier League...

"It is still realistic (to finish top half).

“We have got 11 or 12 games left (including West Brom in the FA Cup) and we have given ourselves an opportunity.

“We are getting a few back from injury now and we have give ourselves a great opportunity.

“Let’s try to grasp it over the next four, five, six weeks.

"Let’s look upwards.

“Let’s see if we can do it.

“We’re up against teams up and around us.” :D