Bruce Manager of NUFC

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well that's hyperbole. He's not worse than Guivarch, Luque, Slimani and so on. 

Honestly, a better manager wouldn't have persisted with him isolated up front, they'd play a team that doesn't meekly surrender possession. They'd have improved his game (as Benitez did for Perez). I don't think he's £40m worth of Premier League striker on this form, but the criticism of him is way over the top, just like the criticism of Perez was way over the top at the time as well.

Luque scored 1 in 21 . Joelinton is currently 1 in 21.5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i'm going to explain to you where you're going wrong here, although god only knows why i should need to....   you (and no doubt many others in the putrid facebook/twitter world of the termin

He's just another Pardew for me.  Didn't like the fucker before he came here, didn't like him when he was here, and I'll continue disliking him after he's left.   Just another snidey snake i

You can celebrate winners all you want mush, I’m sure a lot of the people on here who dislike Bruce did too.   The problem with swallowing what is being served up is it’s indicative of the r

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thing is as well, Parker is young / inexperienced, which is obviously a risk but it might pay off. With Bruce you know exactly what you’re getting with fuck all chance of a positive outcome. 

At least with McClaren there was spells of success that you could pin your hopes on. What's Bruce ever done in his managerial career to get a shot at the modern Premier League? His is a career of diminishing returns, relegations and discord with the fans. The same criticisms of his time at Birmingham City still exist now, 20 years later. No apparent style, over-reliant on individuals and poor defence. 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's not like he hasn't had enough chances either. it's terrible man management. his confidence is shot. he should have been taken out of the firing line ages ago and given a run on the bench - see if he can contribute with a cameo here or there and earn his place back. 

Plenty of chances out of position in a team which seems allergic to the ball.

His 'best' performance has been in his actual position in a game where we actually had the ball a bit.

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Luque scored 1 in 21 . Joelinton is currently 1 in 21.5

Luque scored 3 in 34  in all competitions. (11.333)

Joelinton has 6 in 52. (8.666)

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I was only counting Premier league as that's all we really care about.

:lol: well, I'd suggest that .5  difference isn't enough to say he's the worst player to have pulled on a Newcastle shirt, given the Bruce factor, but whatevs.

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Would he be better under Souness?

Probably, Souness was bad, but Bruce is arguably the worst permanent manager we've had in my lifetime.

Aarons, Atsu, Lazaar, Saivet left out the squad. Ritchie and Gayle included. 

Now, I know he's been a bad signing, but given the trouble we're having in the midfield, wouldn't it have been worth naming Saivet at Ritchie's expense until January? Saivet might be average-to-poor, but it's better than forcing Schar into centre mid, right?

Also, it would prevent Bruce from bringing Ritchie back too early.

It was a post which was a misguided attempt at humour, I think, that used terms related to George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter campaign, Noelie probably thought there was nowt wrong with it, but I think it was more a generational thing than him being racist. 

He had a bit flounce though. :lol:

From one outsider who's got no right hovering around here to another: even I could tell you Joelinton isn't the problem. Hard to put the blame solely on Bruce either. . 

Proper dick move blaming the players at a club where the hierarchy signed off on letting Rafa walk in favour of bringing in Bruce. 

2 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

From one outsider who's got no right hovering around here to another: even I could tell you Joelinton isn't the problem. Hard to put the blame solely on Bruce either. . 

Proper dick move blaming the players at a club where the hierarchy signed off on letting Rafa walk in favour of bringing in Bruce. 

Joelinton on the field is a problem.Brucey picking him is a problem.Brucey took the job on knowing what the problems would be,including  accepting that Joelinton must be an ever present,unless injured. 

Fulwell End 27-3-70.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

why is it over the top? he's been awful ever since he joined. at least with perez, for all his flouncing around, and lack of pace, you could see he had a couple of redeeming features - a nice touch and he could finish

Perez had his good games and quite a few good moments In league games..Joe from Linton has never had a good game in the Premier League.£40m for someone who has been shit  in just about every one of his 43 Premier League games is astonishing yet still finds himself either a starter or a sub.

29 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Joelinton on the field is a problem.Brucey picking him is a problem.Brucey took the job on knowing what the problems would be,including  accepting that Joelinton must be an ever present,unless injured. 

Fulwell End 27-3-70.

Sounds like an admission that Bruce isn't picking him.