Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

They’ll probably make a change when we’re already good as relegated tbh. 

He’s lost the fans, he’s lost the players. So why do “the board” stick by him?

Because they’re lazy and don’t care.

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Yeh,last night we missed BUJ’s goals,crosses into the box,assists ,play making........going down holding his back.......

He’ll soon be back in the team though.Cannot wait !!!

When I worked abroad I had an Aussie friend who decided that there should be an internationally recognised sign when you want the bill after a meal. 
She decided that making a C shape with her hand was the sign. 
She would do this after every meal out, every time, for the whole 5 years I knew her. 
No one had a fucking clue what she was doing- not the waiters, not her fellow diners, no one. 
That’s you, and this BUJ nonsense. 

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When I worked abroad I had an Aussie friend who decided that there should be an internationally recognised sign when you want the bill after a meal. 
She would do this after every meal out, every time, for the whole 5 years I knew her. 
No one had a fucking clue what she was doing- not the waiters, not her fellow diners, no one. 

:lol: apart from the obvious writing on a pad mime, surely if even someone as remedial at learning forrin’ as me can learn the single phrase for ‘the bill’ in most countries then everybody else can. Or just be like Alan Whicker and talk loudly in English 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: apart from the obvious writing on a pad mime, surely if even someone as remedial at learning forrin’ as me can learn the single phrase for ‘the bill’ in most countries then everybody else can. Or just be like Alan Whicker and talk loudly in English 

It’s people like you and your attitude that caused her life-changing idea to not even put it’s feet on the starting blocks…

…thankfully :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

They’ll probably make a change when we’re already good as relegated tbh. 

He’s lost the fans, he’s lost the players. So why do “the board” stick by him?

Because they’re lazy and don’t care.

I've been working under the assumption that they're fucking clueless but actually when I think about it, laziness does fit well with the appointment and continued support of Bruce.  He's a Geordie and we'll only accept Geordies up here is one of the laziest cliche's that you hear about us so it's fitting that's what Ashley used as his basis for appointing him.

I think HMHM said it was perfect for Ashley because the shit football took the heat off the owner whilst still, somehow, seeing us in little danger of going down. I could imagine that being behind the reasoning. It’s fucking stupid on so many levels but that doesn’t make it any less likely given who’s running the show 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So she left without paying because she never received a bill.Cracking story mate.Keep them to yourself in future,there’s a good lad.

There is a certain satifaction in what we all predicted coming to pass.  The so called experts telling us that we should be happy that we're in no danger and we're picking up points so we shouldn't be worried if the football wasn't exciting.  Seemingly they couldn't see what the stats, and our own eyes were telling us, this wasn't sustainable and we would drop down the league unless there were changes.

But of course that satisfaction is quickly lost when we see a teamsheet or have to suffer the dross that get's served up.  He has to go now surely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

So she left without paying because she never received a bill.Cracking story mate.Keep them to yourself in future,there’s a good lad.

20F6AB21-AB91-490B-886D-2E8BE742D261.jpeg

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

There is a certain satifaction in what we all predicted coming to pass.  The so called experts telling us that we should be happy that we're in no danger and we're picking up points so we shouldn't be worried if the football wasn't exciting.  Seemingly they couldn't see what the stats, and our own eyes were telling us, this wasn't sustainable and we would drop down the league unless there were changes.

But of course that satisfaction is quickly lost when we see a teamsheet or have to suffer the dross that get's served up.  He has to go now surely.

They’ll still bend over backward to say he did a good job when/if he goes. That shitlips Redknapp is the worst for it. 

For me a pundit they should be explaining the game to the layman from an expert point of view. Tell us why the striker made that run, or the defender took up that position. Explain the reason for going with a 4-3-3 against this particular opposition. Criticise poor performance, praise clever play, admonish cheating. 

I honestly don't think a pundit should be slating managers, that's for local journalists and the fans. But a pundit shouldn't be defending a manager either. If Bruce's Newcastle is playing badly, say so. I don't need you to call him a feckless cunt as part of the review, but don't tell me he'll make us entertaining when his entire career shows that's not true. Don't tell me the defence is terrible and critique just how bad, then absolve Bruce of responsibility.

Only seems to happen for British coaches of non-elite clubs. Allardyce, Bruce, McClaren, etc. Anyone they're likely to meet playing golf, or at a charity event. They're all given a pass, like the situation they're in isn't their fault. But stick Remi Garde, De Boer or Silva in their shoes and they'll get the blame, sure as shit.

Warren Barton said something on talksport earlier; the players, the manager, none of them look like they're enjoying this, even the wins. He was essentially calling for Bruce to go, without explicitly saying so. I think that's the fence they have to sit on. Everybody knows Bruce is doing a bad job and if the fans were in the stadiums the pressure would surely be so intense he'd have jacked it in already? Any other club and the owner would probably pull the trigger 20 minutes after the Sheffield result.

• Like 2

What's the downside in sacking him now? He's on a basic wage of £20k pw with 18 months left so it wouldn't cost a fortune. With the massive financial hit of relegation combined with the past 10 months of reduced income it would be a disaster and would certainly put paid to any takeover happening.

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They’ll still bend over backward to say he did a good job when/if he goes. That shitlips Redknapp is the worst for it. 

This Redknapp? 

Jamie Redknapp :
17:49 - “Bruce is doing a great job “
17:51 - “I fancy sheff Utd tonight”
17:54 - “Newcastle are going to get dragged into a relegation fight”

33 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

This Redknapp? 

Jamie Redknapp :
17:49 - “Bruce is doing a great job “
17:51 - “I fancy sheff Utd tonight”
17:54 - “Newcastle are going to get dragged into a relegation fight”

Which Redknapp did you think it was like, Louise?

• Haha 7

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United