Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'd bet my mortgage on Bruce being gone if fans were in the ground. I reckon we'd have had fans on the pitch by now. Shades of Pardew hiding in the dugout 

Aye. There’s all the patter about hysteria and unrealistic expectations when, in reality, the current situation means he’s getting a relatively easy ride. 

too easy a ride for my liking. his track record with 7 clubs is persistent. he makes them worse and then scuttles off and gets himself a new job. we are the 8th club he's come to that he;s done the same thing. given a budget, been lucky in a few games and been out thought and played by teams that if we had the team set up properly, we'd have come away with more. even with the team we have now we have several players that i think don't get what little he's telling them.  

also Jamie redknapps sky stuff. how is that guy on tv, he's an absolute moron. you can't defend the indefensible. 

For a man who likes to claim he can take stuff on the chin, he clearly doesn't seem capable of doing so.

The only thing his chin can take is brown sauce from his bacon sarnies, the cabbage faced prick.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

For a man who likes to claim he can take stuff on the chin, he clearly doesn't seem capable of doing so.

The only thing his chin can take is brown sauce from his bacon sarnies, the cabbage faced prick.

He’s developed multiple chins to make the constant criticism easier to bear- Bruce is Natural Selection personified. 

If he wasn’t so thick-skinned he’d be about 9 stone. 

• Haha 4

Further evidence to show that NUFC fans having expectations too high is bollocks. Can you imagine a similar blurb for Bruce.

"Bruce leaves NUFC without a win in 10 games, 1 goal in 8 games, out of the FA Cup at the first time of asking, out of the league cup against lower league opposition, bottom of the form table, fighting relegation and last in just about every defensive or attacking metric there is. Bruce didn't do "tactics", can his replacement say the same?"

• Like 4

I don’t mind Lampard but he hasn’t done anything in his short career that justifies his being a manager at a club like Chelsea with their money and ambition. Obviously he was a fantastic player for Chelsea but Tuchel is undoubtedly an upgrade so it makes sense to me. No surprise to see journalists and ex-players jumping to Lampard’s defence though 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t mind Lampard but he hasn’t done anything in his short career that justifies his being a manager at a club like Chelsea with their money and ambition. Obviously he was a fantastic player for Chelsea but Tuchel is undoubtedly an upgrade so it makes sense to me. No surprise to see journalists and ex-players jumping to Lampard’s defence though 

First one I've seen jumping in was Lineker. You'd think he'd have learned a lesson when Pearson was sacked and Ranieri was appointed at Leicester? :lol:

• Like 1

The thing is that we will probably get the odd win in between, starting with beating Leeds, that will be seen as a justification to stick with Bruce while at the same time the teams below us will make ground and it’s too late to give a new manager to have an effect.

We’re not beating Leeds mate :lol:

The players have given up, the fans have given up. Bruce has given up and is waiting for a payout.

The only people hanging on to the idea that Bruce is worth the time of day is Lee Charnley.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Nigel Pearson till the end of the season...any takers?....probably not Nigel himself like... :unsure:

I dunno, he took over at Watford and that place is a complete shitfest. 

21 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wasn't it last season? Sacked with about 3 games to go or something and they ended up going down.

You're probably right... seem to remember him sort of steering them away but after he left they were screwed?

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United