Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

He can talk a bit of sense at times but I think his heads gone with NUFC more often than not. Little not so subtle tweets like that a sad indictment of a once fairly reasonable journalist. (Well, better than the Knight, anyway). :D

Also, the reason they have stuck with Wilder is the respect he has gained by getting them where they are now.  As I understand it, they have been quite unlucky this season, which is why they are where they are.  On the other side, the Cabbage has been immeasurably lucky in the last 18 months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

He can talk a bit of sense at times but I think his heads gone with NUFC more often than not. Little not so subtle tweets like that a sad indictment of a once fairly reasonable journalist. (Well, better than the Knight, anyway). :D

I used to think he was a sensible voice among the rubbish coming from the Chron, but his fixation on the Cabbage is just weird and is more in keeping with a talkshite presenter than a broadsheet journalist (if there is even such a thing now).

• Like 2

Just now, RobinRobin said:

I used to think he was a sensible voice among the rubbish coming from the Chron, but his fixation on the Cabbage is just weird and is more in keeping with a talkshite presenter than a broadsheet journalist (if there is even such a thing now).

Aye, like I said, his head's gone a bit. Started with some backlash with the takeover and he's taking it very poissanally as they say in the Godfather and he's now reduced to trolling the support over a dodo manager. Strange move.

• Like 2

And if, as looks likely, Sheff Utd still go down then it’s just the sort of freak result that happens from time to time and not much else. Even if it is a turning point for them, it’s not analogous to us and Bruce in any way, as others have pointed out. He’s definitely lost the plot a bit in lockdown like. He’s just making more and more of a tit of himself now because even he must realise he’s a fighting a losing battle in defence of his mate. 

• Like 2

He tweeted something about being a good person and being loyal and kind to friends when they're in trouble. While I can understand him defending Bruce from some of the personal abuse that's appeared online, the majority of the criticism has been of his ability as a Premier League manager, and for that there's no defence. 

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

If loyalty is important to him, why's he mates with Bruce? 

That's an undeniably valid question.

Reckon if Bruce loses the next two he'll be gone?

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's an undeniably valid question.

Reckon if Bruce loses the next two he'll be gone?

I think it’s likely. But it’s all about the league position I think. Like it’s come into focus for the owner because teams below are picking up points. Even though we were playing shite it looked very unlikely we’d go down because you couldn’t really see the bottom 3/4 picking up enough points. Like Gloom says, it ludicrous it’s gotten this far, but that’s because the owner is so disinterested in anything other than staying up 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think it’s likely. But it’s all about the league position I think. Like it’s come into focus for the owner because teams below are picking up points. Even though we were playing shite it looked very unlikely we’d go down because you couldn’t really see the bottom 3/4 picking up enough points. Like Gloom says, it ludicrous it’s gotten this far, but that’s because the owner is so disinterested in anything other than staying up 

Weren't Burnley 11 points behind at one point?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

My concern is that we won't drop into the bottom three until there's only 8 games to go, or so (I realise how mental that is).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

He is one those people happy to dish out but unable to be at the receiving end. I can’t stand that.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

That would be very sage advice if it applied to us in any way.

Mind, imagine completely losing all of your integrity as a journalist in the eyes of fans everywhere over Steve Fucking Bruce :lol: How hard up can you be as a journalist to only have him as a trusted source?

He’s no match Ryder, who has HP and tomato 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Isegrim said:

He is one those people happy to dish out but unable to be at the receiving end. I can’t stand that.

That’s him in a nutshell. He doesn’t even mind the personal abuse when he thinks he’s winding people up because he’s winning the argument. All of a sudden it’s an issue when he’s the one being wound up 

• Like 1

If we end up in the bottom three I cannot see us getting out.Where will the fight come from? We have no leader.Teams will double up on The Saint.He’ll have to come deeper and deeper to receive the ball.He’ll pick up an ‘injury’ and lose interest,and not for the first time.The second half was an improvement against Leeds,and down to one man.We still deserved to lose against a team who will finish in the bottom half of the Premier League.We can only hope Brucey takes note and acts on his new assistant head coach’s ‘neutral view’ . 

6 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If we end up in the bottom three I cannot see us getting out.Where will the fight come from? We have no leader.Teams will double up on The Saint.He’ll have to come deeper and deeper to receive the ball.He’ll pick up an ‘injury’ and lose interest,and not for the first time.The second half was an improvement against Leeds,and down to one man.We still deserved to lose against a team who will finish in the bottom half of the Premier League.We can only hope Brucey takes note and acts on his new assistant head coach’s ‘neutral view’ . 

11 points from the gutter. Saddest thing is the likes of Sheffield United look somewhat organised and well drilled in comparison. 

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United