Jump to content

Bruce Manager of NUFC


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s quite staggering that he didn’t sack him in January. It’s been bleeding obvious to everyone - Ashley, Charnley and some of Bruce’s cronies in the media aside - that he isn’t up to it and we would be in danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle If he stays. 

 

They knew he was a low quality manager from the outset. Hence his salary, which to me is a smoking gun says we've purposely hired a shit manager - a fat human shield protecting Ashley for criticism. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's just another Pardew for me.  Didn't like the fucker before he came here, didn't like him when he was here, and I'll continue disliking him after he's left.   Just another snidey snake i

i'm going to explain to you where you're going wrong here, although god only knows why i should need to....   you (and no doubt many others in the putrid facebook/twitter world of the termin

Posted Images

he might get lucky and scrape survival but why risk it? mike ashley logic

he has had more than enough time to stamp his mark on the side but it has gone backwards under his watch. that is despite significant investment and a better squad of players to call upon than his predecessor.

continuing to play joelinton is a sackable offence alone. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he might get lucky and scrape survival but why risk it? mike ashley logic

he has had more than enough time to stamp his mark on the side but it has gone backwards under his watch. that is despite significant investment and a better squad of players to call upon than his predecessor.

continuing to play joelinton is a sackable offence alone. 

 

Is Charnley agreeing with Brucey’s injury and COVID excuses for us being in a relegation fight? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he might get lucky and scrape survival but why risk it? mike ashley logic

he has had more than enough time to stamp his mark on the side but it has gone backwards under his watch. that is despite significant investment and a better squad of players to call upon than his predecessor.

continuing to play joelinton is a sackable offence alone. 

 

It’s honestly the most baffling thing about Ashley. We know he doesn’t give a fuck as long as the team manage to stay in the PL, but his constant desire to do it as cheaply as fucking possible to such an extreme that it becomes a gamble is just bizarre. I know Bruce comes cheap for a PL manager but surely the cost between him and a more competent manager, like Howe, would barely be noticeable on the books of a PL club and it would be far less of a gamble. How is the saving of what is likely around £1m or so a year worth this level of risk? Especially as like you point out this wouldn’t be the first relegation due to this cheapness. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Is Charnley agreeing with Brucey’s injury and COVID excuses for us being in a relegation fight? 

Does it matter? He’ll have to ok it with Ashley (or at least Ashley’s PA) if wants to order a box of A4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alex said:

I think he’ll sack him if we go down. But not before. Although possibly not even then. Second guessing the owner is a pointless task though. Virtually every decision he makes defies logic 

You reckon? 

*In the office after we go down. 
Ashley-“ Right then Penfold, we need a bloke with plenty of experience in the Championship, not too pricey, happy to bend over when told to…”

Penfold…
tenor.gif


( seriously though, he’s precisely the kind of cunt Ashley would look for to get us back up). 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

 


( seriously though, he’s precisely the kind of cunt Ashley would look for to get us back up). 

 

aye, and he'd fail, which would be glorious.

if there's to be no resurrection of the takeover, which obviously seems very unlikely, then I want the club as it is to die.

harsh as that seems, I'd rather see ashley lose every penny of his £130m investment and actively support a phoenix nufc (from whichever division) than be stuck in a sports direct fc football purgatory for however long I've got left on our flawed but beautiful planet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex said:

Does it matter? He’ll have to ok it with Ashley (or at least Ashley’s PA) if wants to order a box of A4. 

Yes,but my point was this,if Charnley is agreeing with Brucey,he’ll then be going to Ashley to inform him Brucey’s not to blame.I’d be very surprised if Ashley actually watches our games in front of his tv so he’ll need to find out the craic from someone.No need to ask Charnley if he reads my very interesting and informative posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Yes,but my point was this,if Charnley is agreeing with Brucey,he’ll then be going to Ashley to inform him Brucey’s not to blame.I’d be very surprised if Ashley actually watches our games in front of his tv so he’ll need to find out the craic from someone.No need to ask Charnley if he reads my very interesting and informative posts.

I think, on the contrary, Ashley will micromanage everything. Every strategy (or non-strategy more like) at the club, whether it be outsourcing match day revenue streams or not spending a penny on the academy or spending a ludicrous amount of money on a shite player then loaning players when we’re in the shite has his grubby little hands all over it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s baffling that Ashley will spunk millions on a useless piece of shit like joelinton - a huge transfer fees and wages - and not a decent manager. The incremental cost in wages must be comparatively minor to signing a mediocre player but the return - even just guaranteeing PL status - would be tremendous. Just someone like Eddie Howe who seems competent and sober, unlike our present manager. Also the refusal to invest in the academy - the epitome of short sighted stupidity and a false economy when he’s owned the club for something like 15

years. 
 

tldr - our owner is a stupid fat wanker

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Ashley wants a yes man who will give him no trouble just like he has with Charnley. That’s why Bruce ended up getting the job.

I’m sure you’re right. However when you’re disinterested in the club, maybe don’t leave it to a unqualified cretin to run and an incompetent drunk to manage. It’s not going to end well regardless of how compliant they are.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never had the impression that Ashley runs NUFC from top to bottom.With regards to the lack of investment in the training ground an academy,businessmen like him would take some convincing that a fancy trading ground will improve matters on the pitch.It’s all about money and nothing else.We all know that finishing 17th is a decent season for Ashley.Spending £100m to finish mid table and receiving £10m or so extra TV money isn’t good business sense.It’ll never change with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I’ve never had the impression that Ashley runs NUFC from top to bottom.With regards to the lack of investment in the training ground an academy,businessmen like him would take some convincing that a fancy trading ground will improve matters on the pitch.It’s all about money and nothing else.We all know that finishing 17th is a decent season for Ashley.Spending £100m to finish mid table and receiving £10m or so extra TV money isn’t good business sense.It’ll never change with him.

Sell the odd player to a championship side and the academy pays for itself. You’d think it would fit in with his strategy about the club being self sustaining but that’s just something he says to cover over his appalling bad stewardship. He’s all about getting through the current season and nothing else though. It makes no fucking sense but very little he does does make sense

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...