Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

I see NUFC Twitter thinks it's uncovered a conspiracy linking every pundit that's ever defended Bruce. They all have the same agent apparently.

Except they don't. It's just the name of a lass that works for a booking agency and rings around booking after dinner speaker's. 

"Hi Mr Savage, would you be able to do an after dinner speech for the Slough Barclays Call Centre Christmas party please. £2500 for the night. And while you're on, can you do me a favour and stick up for Steve Bruce next  time you are commentating on 5Live. Cheers"

"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I see NUFC Twitter thinks it's uncovered a conspiracy linking every pundit that's ever defended Bruce. They all have the same agent apparently.

Except they don't. It's just the name of a lass that works for a booking agency and rings around booking after dinner speaker's. 

"Hi Mr Savage, would you be able to do an after dinner speech for the Slough Barclays Call Centre Christmas party please. £2500 for the night. And while you're on, can you do me a favour and stick up for Steve Bruce next  time you are commentating on 5Live. Cheers"

"

It's not a conspiracy they're just all on the same old boys circuit, whereas the likes of Rafa isn't. Easier to call someone you'll never really see or work with than someone you might work with or bump into on a semi regular basis.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's not a conspiracy they're just all on the same old boys circuit, whereas the likes of Rafa isn't. Easier to call someone you'll never really see or work with than someone you might work with or bump into on a semi regular basis.

I agree, but shit like that on Twitter is just more ammunition for the "deluded geordie" bollocks 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

"

sharron elkabas is a bloke and is the managing director.

not that it's even remotely relevant, I just thought I'd point it out!  ;)

32 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I agree, but shit like that on Twitter is just more ammunition for the "deluded geordie" bollocks 

Definitely more opportunity for him to deflect legitimate criticism with his ‘hysteria’ excuse. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Because it’s likely his last mildly obscene payday. 
It’s downhill from here for Brucey, and he knows it. 

11 hours ago, OTF said:

You would have to think that this would be Bruce's last managers job certainly in the premier league, probably in the Championship. That said there does seem to be an incongruous practice of employing known entity managers despite the known element being that they are shite and play dour football and struggle tactically.

Yes. :lol:

Assuming Hippo Heed fucks up with West Brom (by trying to sell players at a car boot sale or whatever dodgy shite he can come up with), I’d not be hugely shocked to see the Cabbage scuttle back to the Championship,  and the Midlands. 
It’d be the ideal job really, as he’ll already have property there from when he fucked over Villa and City, he’ll know the pubs, crisp suppliers etc. and when he fucks up there he can easily find another shite Midlands side to see him to retirement. 
He can always fall back on his second career as an author…

”In 1999, while manager of Huddersfield, he wrote a trio of novels: Striker!, Sweeper! and Defender!. The books centred on fictional football manager Steve Barnes, based on Bruce, who solved murder mysteries and thwarted terrorists. Bruce later expressed his embarrassment at the books, which have become sought-after collectables.”

:lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Definitely more opportunity for him to deflect legitimate criticism with his ‘hysteria’ excuse. 

thing is, regardless of whether or not there's a connected effort to big up brucey it is happening regardless. peter crouch being the latest to use his column to tell any fucker who'll listen that us geordies should be careful what we wish for in wanting rid of the useless fat twat.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2

A stupid argument from Crouch made even more ridiculous given the fans have absolutely zero influence over when he’ll be sacked and who will replace him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

A stupid argument from Crouch made even more ridiculous given the fans have absolutely zero influence over when he’ll be sacked and who will replace him 

He should maybe stick to his 'I'm really dead funny, honest to god' thing the BBC seem to be shoveling on him? 

• Haha 1

While there's plenty of shite to fling at Ashley, Charnley needs to get some sent his way as well. He's the useless cunt that chased McClaren twice and was willing to pay compensation for him before he decided to stay at Derby. He's also be absent while we have a Covid outbreak at the club. 

• Like 3

I don’t really mind him (although I’d rather poke myself in the eye with s shitty stick than watch his show). But it’s disappointing, if unsurprising, to see someone else peddling the same old lazy bollocks. 

Edit: Crouch not Charnley ;) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He should maybe stick to his 'I'm really dead funny, honest to god' thing the BBC seem to be shoveling on him? 

I reckon he should stick to wondering whether aljaz skorjanec gave his mrs a good seeing to whilst practicing the rumba.

• Haha 3

Peter Crouch ffs :lol:. I’ve always liked the arrogant “be careful what you wish for” craic, oh no we’d have to be relegated and won’t be in the magical Premier League where we have to apparently set up to not receive a kicking against any and all opposition (even newly promoted shite), all while being told we should know our place. We’d be missing out on nowt not being in the PL with Mike Ashley as owner tbh, we’d at least be competitive/somewhat ambitious as we’d be trying for promotion.

The only thing I’d have been bothered about was in the past it would have seemingly made a takeover less likely, but the very PL itself was the thing that fucking blocked ours :lol: we’d likely have new owners if we were a championship side. 

• Like 3

Be careful what we wish for?!

Over a decade of utter fucking meaningless pish, lies, villainy, has beens, never weres and never should've beens we've endured. 

Should we just wish for it to persist?  What is the point of football if you don't wish for goals, points, cups or CUNTING ENTERTAINMENT?  

Fuck off you eat-an-apple-through-a-picket-fence, spastic robot, stick insect, not fucking funny, wanker cunt.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

British managers,British players,British pundits.They all stick together.If a foreign manager gets sacked for being a shit manager then he deserves to go.When a British manager does a shit job,it’s everyone’s fault except the managers.A British player dives ,especially an England international  (Sterling,Grealish,Kane) and the pundits will say anything other than the player dived.A foreigner dives and it’s a dive. The same with dangerous tackles.When managers such as Bruce,Moyes,Warnock and Fat Heed get the push for being shit,they’re quickly installed as pundits again,sitting with their pals who have never directed serious criticism towards them. It’ll never change with us.We’ll always be part of the problem while a media darling is our manager.

• Like 6

I saw a clip of Where Eagles Dare the other day and lusted a bit after Ingrid Pitt only to dream that night of the rotten corpse of the now deceased Pitt trying to straddle me and neck on. Just then, Scarlett Johansson walked in the bedroom and as Pitt's corpse pinned me down, she leaned across and whispered....."careful what you wish for."

I then awoke in a cold sweat and thought to myself, that's the last time I won't be careful what I wish for, and that goes double for my football club. I then turned over and slept peacefully like a log.

Yours,

Mr Baft Dastard.

• Haha 5

Reversing into
the future

Steve Bruce, June 23rd 2020:

"Can we finish in the top 10?. That’s got to be our challenge. That would be a wonderful achievement, and that’s all I’m focused on at the minute.”

Steve Bruce, July 27th 2020:

"If someone said at the start of the season 'would you be happy to finish with seven teams below you?' we'd have taken that.

"But that's not enough. We want to push for the top 10 on a regular basis and not look over our shoulders."

Steve Bruce, October 31st 2020:

"We’d all love to be competing where the club was 20 years ago or whenever it was.

"But the way we are at the minute we have to accept that’s the way it is and try to keep moving inch-by-inch closer to what we’re trying to do – which is definitely finish in the top 10.”

Steve Bruce, December 23rd 2020:

"If you're a club like ours that expects to be in the bottom half of the Premier League, it's always tough.

"My remit is to make sure Newcastle remain a Premier League outfit, and that's what I'll try to achieve. That's where we've been for the last two or three years.

"Of course for Newcastle, in many people's eyes that isn't enough, but that's where we are."

PS: We can't claim credit for these, but top googling to those who spotted:

Steve Bruce, December 26th 2020:

"We had a bad week, and some of the mass hysteria (from Newcastle fans) in my opinion was unjust, unfair, and a lot of it was not right in my opinion."

Steve Bruce, September 25th 2017:

"Of course here, at a club like ours, it turns into mass hysteria (from Aston Villa fans). A couple of bad results and all of a sudden it's the end of the world again.

Steve Bruce, August 26th 2011:

“It shows you how difficult it is up here. The mass hysteria (from Sunderland fans), I find some of it pathetic, to be honest."

From NUFC.com

If ever anyone needed any proof that Bruce is a fraud.

It flat out doesn't matter if he's a good bloke, gets on with the lads, helps old ladies cross the road, writes cracking crime fiction or whatever else is alleged of him, he has a shit record because he's a shit manager whichbis why we're playing the worst football we've played in more than 25 years (I can't comment on prior). He's in the job because we have a shit owner who is a stubborn prick who refuses to learn from his mistakes. The mainstream media are completely and utterly out of touch with juat how bad things are because they aren't watching us week in and week out. At best they catch the odd game against darling opposition where we willlingly conform to our rightful role as fodder, then looking at the table thwy can smugly announce that Bruce is doing a good job with a tough crowd and the weigh of expectation up north. Except there is no tough crowd, just another ill informed misjudgement from pundits who couldn't care less about our current situation.

There's not even an expectation that the removal of Bruce will have any lasting effect ok the overall trajectory of the club, the end of the Ashley era is the only ticket for that ride, but it does at least offer the hope of the odd game of football where we're not left wondering yet again why we bothered to watch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't even belong here but I like youse lot. Mental how everyone else is losing their shit about VAR and empty stadiums with fake crowd noises instead of questioning how in 2020 Bruce, Hodgson, Big Sam and Moyes have managed to waltz back into jobs jobs managing top tier teams. 

Letting Rafa walk and drafting in this cunt is one the most unexplainable things I've seen happen in football since Ally McCoist's Rangers lost to a part-time Stirling Albion team whose manager didnae even bother showing up and went to his pals wedding instead. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Careful what you wish for is what thickos say when they’re trying to sound intelligent and relevant. Its a bit like saying  “its all about opinions innit” when youve said something stupid

4 hours ago, Kitman said:

Careful what you wish for is what thickos say when they’re trying to sound intelligent and relevant. Its a bit like saying  “its all about opinions innit” when youve said something stupid

It’s all about ‘don’t be getting ideas above your station’.

• Like 3

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United