Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You do wonder whether relegation might be a silver cloud for Ashley. Easier to push through the club sale with the football league 

I think he isn’t too bothered. The last couple of relegations didn’t cause enough harm to frighten Ashley. He’ll gamble on quick promotion to keep on going until he finds a way to make a profit.

16 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think he isn’t too bothered. The last couple of relegations didn’t cause enough harm to frighten Ashley. He’ll gamble on quick promotion to keep on going until he finds a way to make a profit.

Ashley’s a gambler.If you’ve £2b or £3b in your pocket,selling the club for £250m after relegation may well be an acceptable amount.With the shite we have in the first team squad,he must realise that there’s a very good chance we won’t bounce back at the first attempt.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You do wonder whether relegation might be a silver cloud for Ashley. Easier to push through the club sale with the football league 

Sick of hearing this moronic stance. The value of the club plummets with relegation. He's been asking too much whilst we were in the Premier League to the extent that only the Saudi state have been willing to pay his asking price. In what realm can anybody imagine that 1) he'd sell us for a championship club price or 2) anybody would pay a Premier league club price for a relegated club.

Why don't we just stop trotting this one out?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We do say that every time though.

Last two times we either had a core of a decent squad that stayed or we had a world class manager. 

This time also I don't see Ashely having the appetite to invest. He will gamble again on some bent cunt like Warnock. 

When we go down we will lose ASM, Almiron, Dubs, willock etc and be left with Shelvey, Big Joe etc. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Last two times we either had a core of a decent squad that stayed or we had a world class manager. 

This time also I don't see Ashely having the appetite to invest. He will gamble again on some bent cunt like Warnock. 

When we go down we will lose ASM, Almiron, Dubs, willock etc and be left with Shelvey, Big Joe etc. 

BUJ7 won’t reach double figures if he’s our main striker in the Championship.The Longstaff brothers will be our two holding midfield players .Shelvey will look even more disinterested.Nee chance of bouncing back at the first attempt.

19 hours ago, trooper said:

Luke Edwards of The Telegraph via Twitter:

“Information from multiple sources at Newcastle United is Bruce will continue to be backed (not financially clearly) and is not under any threat short to medium term.

The notion he has multiple sources at NUFC btw :lol: 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Sick of hearing this moronic stance. The value of the club plummets with relegation. He's been asking too much whilst we were in the Premier League to the extent that only the Saudi state have been willing to pay his asking price. In what realm can anybody imagine that 1) he'd sell us for a championship club price or 2) anybody would pay a Premier league club price for a relegated club.

Why don't we just stop trotting this one out?

Aye, it’s incompetence based on riding our luck in the past (including bouncing straight back from relegation) that’s got us heading down this road. Not some master plan to thwart the blocking of the sale. 

• Like 1

Tbf like I think KD is saying it’s a potential silver lining (or cloud ;) ) rather than the intention. I could only see it happening, from the owner’s viewpoint, if it’s X amount + Y amount (with latter being payable on promotion back to the PL). I still think any buyer would want to end up paying less (even with that additional payment) because if the risk of not coming straight back up, the extra hassle, costs, loss of tv money and so on. Either way I think we’re treading water hoping the deal goes through rather than looking to bypass the PL 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Tbf like I think KD is saying it’s a potential silver lining (or cloud ;) ) rather than the intention. I could only see it happening, from the owner’s viewpoint, if it’s X amount + Y amount (with latter being payable on promotion back to the PL). I still think any buyer would want to end up paying less (even with that additional payment) because if the risk of not coming straight back up, the extra hassle, costs, loss of tv money and so on. Either way I think we’re treading water hoping the deal goes through rather than looking to bypass the PL 

:lol: 

Silver cloud sounds better 

• Haha 1

:lol: Did he search through the list of current PL managers outside of the promoted teams to find a bloke with a lower win % than Bruce in their current role? If he watches the football Brighton play he might understand why Potter gets praised and Bruce gets slated tbh, it’s not looking like Bruce’s 1.2% better win percentage (in his current role, Bruce’s PL win % overall is like 7% less than Potters) will remain that for long does it. 

Bruce is a fucking loser, a dinosaur, and isn’t improving. He’s comparing that shitter to a young coach finding his feet, could Potter end up being shite? Of course, but he could also have a far better managerial career than Bruce has had as well. Again, giving Edwards no benefit of the doubt here so I’m just assuming he knows fucking nothing about football at this point tbh. I’m not going to bother checking but I’d imagine Bruce has also outspent Potter as well. 

The thing I really can’t be arsed with blokes like Edwards is when he’s proven completely wrong, when he can no longer pull some obscure very selective stat that he can cling to say Bruce isn’t the worst manager in the league, there will be no admission he was wrong, he will probably just blame the fans (who were right from the start), rather than the punchable cunt who has failed everywhere he has been. He’s a wimp that won’t stand by his trash opinions, and he knows absolutely fucking nothing about football tbh. Suppose he’s similar to Bruce which is probably why he licks the blokes arse. 

• Like 4

I view most of his posts as clickbait, like the written equivalent of talksport. I might be giving him too much credit, as the alternative view is that he’s a thick cunt who posts bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Did he search through the list of current PL managers outside of the promoted teams to find a bloke with a lower win % than Bruce in their current role? If he watches the football Brighton play he might understand why Potter gets praised and Bruce gets slated tbh, it’s not looking like Bruce’s 1.2% better win percentage (in his current role, Bruce’s PL win % overall is like 7% less than Potters) will remain that for long does it. 

Bruce is a fucking loser, a dinosaur, and isn’t improving. He’s comparing that shitter to a young coach finding his feet, could Potter end up being shite? Of course, but he could also have a far better managerial career than Bruce has had as well. Again, giving Edwards no benefit of the doubt here so I’m just assuming he knows fucking nothing about football at this point tbh. I’m not going to bother checking but I’d imagine Bruce has also outspent Potter as well. 

The thing I really can’t be arsed with blokes like Edwards is when he’s proven completely wrong, when he can no longer pull some obscure very selective stat that he can cling to say Bruce isn’t the worst manager in the league, there will be no admission he was wrong, he will probably just blame the fans (who were right from the start), rather than the punchable cunt who has failed everywhere he has been. He’s a wimp that won’t stand by his trash opinions, and he knows absolutely fucking nothing about football tbh. Suppose he’s similar to Bruce which is probably why he licks the blokes arse. 

I do find it sort of funny that "oh hes not the worst manager in the league" can be considered a defence of the bloke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Alex said:

I'd like to see that on dragons den. Buy my relegated club and get it promoted and share the spoils with me :lol:

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I do find it sort of funny that "oh hes not the worst manager in the league" can be considered a defence of the bloke.

‘A defence of Fred West: Not as bad as Harold Shipman’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Spent roughly the same if you take out the £40m we paid for BUJ7,who wasn’t signed by Brucey.Aye,but BUJ7 has been involved in just about every game since he arrived so you have to include his transfer in some way.So if we’d signed Harry Harry-Kane and not BUJ7 and we’d finished top 6 in our two seasons under Brucey,he wouldn’t be taken into account if we were looking into Brucey’s management ability,and Brucey’s signings.

I’ve never heard any Newcastle fan say Brucey’s the worst manager in the league and that they’d like Potter to be his replacement.

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United